Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

Got home to find out my best mate has passed away. We got a baby Staffie when I was 8, she lived to be just over 15,

Last few weeks have been rough for her and my parents made the decision to put her down after a really rough night.

I'm in absolute bits. Hope you cause as much havoc in the afterlife as you did in this x

Went through similar with the cat I had as a kid. Family got her when I was 6 months (parents obviously bored of me already) and she was put down when I was 19. I'd never lived a part of my live that I could remember without her and it was utterly heartbreaking when we had to let her go. I was at work on the Saturday at the time and thankfully the vet agreed to wait until I got there so I could say goodbye.

Keep strong buddy. Shouldn't be underestimated how hard it is losing a long time family pet, I can be like losing a member of the family.

• Like 3

Made an offer on a house we've seen. It's been a nightmare trying to view a house let alone buy one! This really seems like our dream home but can sense there's going to be a bidding war for it and we've already bid the most we can. Fingers crossed!

Took the little one to the seaside, went on the pier and the little train that goes around it, had ice cream and fish and chips, she absolutely loved it. 

Now watching a bit of Mr tumble before she hits the sleep. Then it's Wembley tomorrow, brilliant weekend so far 

Made big batch of curry chicken. Wife made the roti. Was fantastic as always. Bout the only highlight of my day so far...that and when i went to the local best buy and my 3 year old son had to piss. We are potty training him so i brought a portable potty in the boot of our suv. Proudly opened the boot and had him sit on the potty in all his glory. lol

Having said that the kids have been utter you know whats today. Just one of them days where you say "why me?"

Gunna go jam some cookies down my throat and enjoy a pint of milk.

• Like 1

On 8/7/2016 at 02:50, Izzy Muzzett said:

Today was a good day. Had fun with the family at Disney Typhoon Lagoon water park here in Orlando. Hot as hell and crazy busy but the kids had a great time. Went to Disney Springs after which was cool. It's been a busy few days thus far so I've persuaded the wife that we can have a day off theme parks tomorrow and just chill by the pool. Well when I say 'chill by the pool' what I really mean she looks after the kids while I watch City play :scarf:

Oh man Typhoon Lagoon is so so good. That pool with the tidal waves, loved that. Is that the one with the lazy river too!? Was going to say hope you're having a good time but you're on holiday in America so you will be having a good time.

Horrific few days for me (minus yesterday of course - I loved my trip to Wembley). Been made redundant, came out of nowhere really, they just called us in and that was it. Best job I've had too so pretty gutted at the minute. Have to start again now.

Guest Mee-9

Yesterday was great besides the result.

The train back was something to behold yesterday. Got on the 7:10 train back to Loughborough and there must have been 15 of us cramped in a train door compartment. 

It was roasting in there, what made it worse is the fact there was a toilet inside this compartment. So whenever someone would need a piss they'd have to barge past us all. 

What made it worse was that some bastard had done a dump in there, so every time the door would swing open we'd get hit in the face by the smell of poo.

But then again, you could have fun. One poor chap needed the toilet and didn't lock the door from the inside, so it happened. He's sat on the toilet, trousers round his ankles and someone leant on the open button. There he is, slowly revealed like an unwanted prize on the Generation Game. 

4 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Oh man Typhoon Lagoon is so so good. That pool with the tidal waves, loved that. Is that the one with the lazy river too!? Was going to say hope you're having a good time but you're on holiday in America so you will be having a good time.

Horrific few days for me (minus yesterday of course - I loved my trip to Wembley). Been made redundant, came out of nowhere really, they just called us in and that was it. Best job I've had too so pretty gutted at the minute. Have to start again now.

Sorry to hear about the redundancy mate. Been through it twice myself over the years and it's a shitty experience. But I believe  everything happens for a reason and these things are sent to try us. I'm sure you've got a strong CV and a good network so I wish you the best of luck in your search for a new role. Stay positive and confident in your skills, experience and ability pal and I hope something comes up for you soon :thumbup:

• Like 4

A bit heartbreaking.

I went on a stag-do 2 weeks ago, canal boats to Bath, was amazingly good fun. I was sharing one of the boats with 5 close friends. On the day we traveled home I woke up and couldn't find my expensive RayBans my gf had given to me. They were sentimental to me more than the cost. A close friend of 11 years had left that morning to Bristol to go on holiday with his gf and her rich parents on their boat but I could never have imagined they were with him. I called him to ask if they were in his bag my mistake, he said no. He even called me a few times over the week to ask if they turned up yet.

I just assumed someone must have stolen them somehow. Then I see a family photo of him wearing the exact same pair. When I challenged him he said his gf's granddad had lent them to him. When I asked for the number of the grandparents to confirm this he gives me the grandmothers mobile. Something smells fishy, so I emailed her father's crab fishing company for a direct number to the grandad, of course they won't give it.

So I looked up the name of their startup company from 10 years ago as it was listed in their history bio. I managed to find phone numbers for most of the family on a cache for an old seasfood-trade directory. I started calling numbers and those that answered verified his story but all sounded very shaky and unsure. Bad liars. Her grandmother even shouted at me saying how could I accuse someone like this.

He eventually snaps and begs me to stop calling his gf's family and admits to it. I cannot believe it. His gf has now told him she wants a break too to think about things.

I feel a bit awful and victorious at the same time. Getting them back tonight apparently.

Best friends for over a decade. Shit.

18 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

A bit heartbreaking.

I went on a stag-do 2 weeks ago, canal boats to Bath, was amazingly good fun. I was sharing one of the boats with 5 close friends. On the day we traveled home I woke up and couldn't find my expensive RayBans my gf had given to me. They were sentimental to me more than the cost. A close friend of 11 years had left that morning to Bristol to go on holiday with his gf and her rich parents on their boat but I could never have imagined they were with him. I called him to ask if they were in his bag my mistake, he said no. He even called me a few times over the week to ask if they turned up yet.

I just assumed someone must have stolen them somehow. Then I see a family photo of him wearing the exact same pair. When I challenged him he said his gf's granddad had lent them to him. When I asked for the number of the grandparents to confirm this he gives me the grandmothers mobile. Something smells fishy, so I emailed her father's crab fishing company for a direct number to the grandad, of course they won't give it.

So I looked up the name of their startup company from 10 years ago as it was listed in their history bio. I managed to find phone numbers for most of the family on a cache for an old seasfood-trade directory. I started calling numbers and those that answered verified his story but all sounded very shaky and unsure. Bad liars. Her grandmother even shouted at me saying how could I accuse someone like this.

He eventually snaps and begs me to stop calling his gf's family and admits to it. I cannot believe it. His gf has now told him she wants a break too to think about things.

I feel a bit awful and victorious at the same time. Getting them back tonight apparently.

Best friends for over a decade. Shit.

If he's your bestmate can't you take his word for it? Maybe they are your's but is it worth falling out over a pair of sunglasses?

4 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

It's not about the RayBans, how can you have a mate who would steal from you and lie over and over?

I can understand you feeling betrayed but he might be telling you the truth.

32 minutes ago, Webbo said:

If he's your bestmate can't you take his word for it? Maybe they are your's but is it worth falling out over a pair of sunglasses?

8 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I can understand you feeling betrayed but he might be telling you the truth.

he said his mate admitted to it though?

He admitted to stealing them only after I phoned one by one all of her family to verify his story. I just met him at the train station and has given them back because I threatened to go to police if I didn't get them tonight.

He was torturing me last night saying how could I ever accuse him of this he loves me like a brother etc.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, z-layrex said:

He admitted to stealing them only after I phoned one by one all of her family to verify his story. I just met him at the train station and has given them back because I threatened to go to police if I didn't get them tonight.

He was torturing me last night saying how could I ever accuse him of this he loves me like a brother etc.

When you got them back did he say why he did it?

Just now, Webbo said:

Oops, you're right I mis read the 3rd line from the end. I that case layrex I apologise. 

tbf, until he said his mate admitted it, I was thinking why is he putting so much effort in to chasing a pair of sunglasses.

But the chase is obviously vindicated now!

26 minutes ago, z-layrex said:

Didn't say a word. Just looked sad.

Is the friendship over or can you talk to him? Does he have any issues or struggles that you could talk to him over?

Or is he just a thieving twat?