Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

6 hours ago, SystonFox said:

Up far too early with my son watching peppa bastarding pig. I could kill that bitch and bacon her

Feel your pain. At home on a staycation this week and sleeping in doesnt exist with my two little ones. Heck i get more sleep  when im not on vacation.

Send some of that bacon my way.

• Like 1

I went to my new office a few days ago, and I'll be going back to working in a cubicle. It has been a while. And I was wondering if any of you have any tips on surviving cubicle life. I am thinking of getting an air purifier and making a terrarium to add a bit of life to a dull grey cube. I'd be grateful of any ideas! 

18 minutes ago, cambridgefox said:

Not bad.Daughter got 9 A-C GCSE with a few A's thrown in the mix.

u grades for losing clothing/footwear and the state of her room.

Now going to study Politics,philosophy and Economics.

Congrats, I've read that many of her peers are falling behind previous years' results apparently so she's done well there.

5 hours ago, Merging Cultures said:

Congrats!!

PPE does she want to go into politics? And where is she going?

Cheers.Civil Service.

she wants to go to Hills Road Cambridge which would be fantastic.one of the top 6th form colleges( state) in the country.She has met the points,however she needed English lit ,Lang and maths B and also needed criteria points for her others.Got the points and A's in both Englishes,but mucked her Maths up( of which she knew) and got a C.She hopes they will take either her mock mark or let her in as it is.They can afford to be picky though.She has got in to another 6th form for that course though.

5 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

Congrats, I've read that many of her peers are falling behind previous years' results apparently so she's done well there.

Cheers.Yeah we heard that.Her school did well this year.improved A-C by 12%

On 24 August 2016 at 19:08, HowardsBulletHeader said:

I have a new found respect for Olympic rowers, I had my first go today and can't even keep the thing straight let alone go at any speed.

I assume you mean sculling, do you? You had control of both oars?

That does take some getting used to, especially balancing yourself by laying the blades flat on the water. If you haven't, see if you can get a go rowing in a boat of two or more. Four is usually a good number to start with. If you're with an experienced crew, you'll soon get a bit of speed up although beginners do tend to catch crabs (getting the blade stuck in the water) when they first start. 

When you start getting a lick on, it's exhilarating!

25 minutes ago, Len Finsbury said:

I assume you mean sculling, do you? You had control of both oars?

That does take some getting used to, especially balancing yourself by laying the blades flat on the water. If you haven't, see if you can get a go rowing in a boat of two or more. Four is usually a good number to start with. If you're with an experienced crew, you'll soon get a bit of speed up although beginners do tend to catch crabs (getting the blade stuck in the water) when they first start. 

When you start getting a lick on, it's exhilarating!

Four is usually a good number ..

Experienced crew .. !!

Get a bit of speed up ... !!

Beginners catch crabs ... !!

Gets exhilarating when you get a lick on ... !!!

Easy Len there may be some children reading this !! ....   :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kingcarr21 said:

What started off a great day with a 2-1 win has now turned rubbish as it's currently almost 3am and I'm sat in child's A+E with my boy with a bad chest infection. Hopefully be going home soon 

Hope they get it sorted KC ,,,,   when you get home you deserve a lie in !!   

Guest Col city fan
On 25 August 2016 at 15:41, cambridgefox said:

Not bad.Daughter got 9 A-C GCSE with a few A's thrown in the mix.

u grades for losing clothing/footwear and the state of her room.

Now going to study Politics,philosophy and Economics.

Is she going to try to continue the PPE at Oxbridge, mate?

3 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

Still in hospital having to spend another night in. His breathing hasn't got much better so he is on oxygen. Hopefully after his antibiotics and another night of oxygen he will be well enough to go home tomorrow

Brings back memories of my daughter when she was a baby. Spent two nights in hospital with the same issues as your lad. It ended up being a one off and she's been right as rain ever since. Was a bit scary as new parents but they're in good hands. Hope your boy is back to full health soon mate :thumbup:

• Like 1

Just played in a charity 25/25 cricket match for the local Rainbows appeal. 

Between a couple of local Glen pubs, barbecue raffle etc, but actually blooming hard work. We won 172-7 v 161-9, but everyone had to bowl and my three overs for 15 runs no wickets has knackered by shoulder. 

But in our innings managed to score 29 before retiring (25 - 30 runs and you let someone else have a go) and only two air shots (slogs) 

Probably pay for it in the morning, but a good cause. Raised a few hundred quid I think, so a good day all round. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, BoyJones said:

Just played in a charity 25/25 cricket match for the local Rainbows appeal. 

Between a couple of local Glen pubs, barbecue raffle etc, but actually blooming hard work. We won 172-7 v 161-9, but everyone had to bowl and my three overs for 15 runs no wickets has knackered by shoulder. 

But in our innings managed to score 29 before retiring (25 - 30 runs and you let someone else have a go) and only two air shots (slogs) 

Probably pay for it in the morning, but a good cause. Raised a few hundred quid I think, so a good day all round. 

Bit of an all rounder with your sports BoyJones.