Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Guest CityFan 06
26 minutes ago, Webbo said:

A slow walk around watermead park and a pint in the Hope and Anchor. What a nice way to spend a Monday afternoon.

Sounds better than my Monday afternoons Webbo! 

41 minutes ago, Webbo said:

A slow walk around watermead park and a pint in the Hope and Anchor. What a nice way to spend a Monday afternoon.

That brings back memories. My grandparents liked to go to Bradgate or Beacon Hill of a summer's evening and they would often end up at the Hope & Anchor. No kids in the pubs back then so I was fed Smith's Crisps and a Vimto while I watched the boats go by. Very happy memories of those innocent times.

Watermead didn't exist then nor later when I lived in Birstall but the fields were useful for showing girlfriends the different flora, Leicestershire had to offer.

Edited by Smudge
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Smudge said:

That brings back memories. My grandparents liked to go to Bradgate or Beacon Hill of a summer's evening and they would often end up at the Hope & Anchor. No kids in the pubs back then so I was fed Smith's Crisps and a Vimto while I watched the boats go by. Very happy memories of those innocent times.

Watermead didn't exist then nor later when I lived in Birstall but the fields were useful for showing girlfriends the different flora, Leicestershire had to offer.

We used to go to Birstall fields quite often as kids when lived near Thurmaston. I do remember the pre kids in pubs days as well. We'd get a Hoyes pop and a packet of Walkers and if we were lucky we'd see our dad about 2 hours later. :D

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Just got stung inside my ear by a wasp when checking the chickens for eggs  :( ...       will need some liquid anesthetic down my neck asap. ....  :)   

I know I shouldn't laugh, CF, but... :crylaugh:

Edited by Buce

6 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

Cheers bud, i sympathise with you, wasps stings can really be painful,.........for a five year old!!!!!

The only real way to take the pain away is sex!!!   I'm not to oblige on that one, sorry!!! lol

You little tease !! ....   but hold hard pal ...   the pain ! ...   It subsides !!!

The beer and bottle of Merlot is kicking in ...   :thumbup:

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Alright mum ! ...   first thing tomorrow.

Good boy, you know it makes sense. Don't forget to eat your greens. ;)

Back in the early eighties I spent a year as a Kibbutz volunteer in Israel, and I worked in the chicken houses there. There were no wasps but snakes were a daily occurrence (they came in after the eggs). The cockerels were really clever - they wouldn't go near them until they had an egg in their mouth (rendering them harmless) at which time they pecked them to death.

Had one of the better Bank Holiday Mondays today!

Spent the day with all my dad's side of family - about 25-30 of us - at Billing Aquadrome. Pitched up about 10.30. Spent pretty much the whole day playing cricket, football, badminton, rounders. Drinking beer, eating lots of BBQ food. Can't really go wrong when you spend that kind of quality time with family!

Oh and saw there was a group of people with a Leicester Champions flag across the park. If you're on here, good on ya!

On 28 August 2016 at 19:35, Izzy Muzzett said:

Brings back memories of my daughter when she was a baby. Spent two nights in hospital with the same issues as your lad. It ended up being a one off and she's been right as rain ever since. Was a bit scary as new parents but they're in good hands. Hope your boy is back to full health soon mate :thumbup:

Just left him for another night. He getting much better so I'm fully expecting him home tomorrow. Never nice to see your kids in hospital.