Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

1 hour ago, CityFan 06 said:

Not great, in a bad place at the moment with life :(

Hope your sort things out mate.

Gotta say i've questioned alot of people and things in my life recently (More serious things than my post earlier today lol but little things all pile up).

Edited by Matt

Today's been ok finally back on the Internet but the week has been shite.

Dropped my phone on Thursday  broke the screen and now now longer able to use the touch screen so totally buggered.

While at the match the play school at the back of our house was struck  and had the chimney  blown off with some debris in our back garden thought that was a lucky escape till I got indoors and found our answer phone and internet hub and been blown out and just found out it blew my ott tv box that I use for kodi.

BT open reach finally manage to get to us today seeming with loads of locals affected as it blew to the phone/net connection  box. Apparently having melted the top of a phone pole.

5 hours ago, CityFan 06 said:

Not great, in a bad place at the moment with life :(

It might seem tough right now but if you are here and reading this then you have a 100% record of dealing with all the tough times in your life.

I really hope things get better soon but if you ever need to vent and feel comfortable enough then post something on here. If not certainly confide in a close friend or family member, just try not to bottle it all up. 

Today was a perfect day.

I borrowed my mate's canoe again and paddled down the canal from Foxton to Newton Harcourt. It's a really peaceful stretch of water - I saw more herons than people. I suspect the majority of the narrow boats were travelling in the same direction, which helps. I had my lunch (a ploughman's with Mrs B's home-made pickle) on top of Saddington tunnel and watched a pair of kingfishers catching theirs.

I'm planning a series of adventures when I retire, and a canoe-camping trip on the French Waterways from the Channel to the Mediterranean just got added to the list.

• Like 4

Kids back at school tomorrow which means I'm doing the school run again Mon-Wed each week. I'm dreading it and find the whole process a pain in the arse. By the time I've dropped them off at 8.50am it feels like I've already done a days work. I'm just not cut out for it but needs must. Sooner they're at middle school the better :scarf:

3 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

Kids back at school tomorrow which means I'm doing the school run again Mon-Wed each week. I'm dreading it and find the whole process a pain in the arse. By the time I've dropped them off at 8.50am it feels like I've already done a days work. I'm just not cut out for it but needs must. Sooner they're at middle school the better :scarf:

Sure they appreciate it somehow.

Hated being on the bus where I was the only one that went to my school and others were at Leicester Grammar aged 13-15.

Went to Pesto's in Desford to 'celebrate' Stepfather's recent retirement. Nice restaurant and food.

• Like 1

Good weekend.

I've always enjoyed competitive sport but as I've aged my body and reactions won't support football or cricket so in my retirement I took up bowls last year, found I wasn't too bad at it so bought myself a custom made set of blue and white bowls with a fox motif and entered competitions at my local bowls club (which has 120 playing members).  Played throughout the season and won the pairs tournament (with a very good partner) at the weekend.  Nice to get the buzz back from competitions and well chuffed.

• Like 3

Safely in Vladivostok, but a 22-hour ferry ride with pretty choppy seas means I still feel like shite five hours after disembarking.

But a good beer and burger has helped recovery, and looking forward to getting on the train to Irkutsk tomorrow.

And the amount of 9 or 10/10 ladies in this city is utterly insane. It's like Stockholm all over again.

• Like 1

Good weekend. Went Chessington world of adventures Saturday (rained in afternoon which was a shame) then Legoland on Sunday. Kids enjoyed it. My son came out of hospital last Wednesday. Still has a cough but much better. Unfortunately my daughter now seems to be getting a bad chest so off to the doctors to prob be fobbed off. Busy week this week with Ashton going back to STEPS and his nursery teachers doing a home visit on Wednesday.

12 minutes ago, HowardsBulletHeader said:

Started my new job on a graduate scheme today, really enjoyed it and had a good laugh with some of the other new grads. Long may my enjoyment continue.

Congrats. Grad schemes are high-competitive and there really isn't enough available considering how many graduate year-on-year.

6 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Had a day off from work so went to surprise the girlfriend after she finished work in London. Then had a meal at a place called Founders Arms which is right on the river and you get a great view of the London skyline.

I was waiting for the inevitable "found her in bed with my best mate" line coming up as went to surprise my girlfriend when she thinks you are at work tends to only end one way if it's getting posted on the Internet lol

• Like 1

Just now, DB11 said:

I was waiting for the inevitable "found her in bed with my best mate" line coming up as went to surprise my girlfriend when she thinks you are at work tends to only end one way if it's getting posted on the Internet lol

haha I'm glad I'm the exception to the rule lol

but I would definitely not post it on here if that did happen!!

25 minutes ago, BoyJones said:

Play 6-aside footy normally on a Monday at Enderby, but been "rested" tonight! (Dropped)

Trouble is my youngest son (33), picks the team! Don't know how they got on, but consoling myself with a few pints and JD chasers.

Schoolboy error dropping you,I'm sure the payback will be rewarding .

40 minutes ago, Thracian said:

Had my first golf lesson today - from a coach I mean, rather than an opponent!

Thoroughly inspiring.

So much to learn, so little time! :) 

I've had many lessons, for just one problem - when I hit ball, always slides to the right for some reason (despite pros telling me to put the club face more inwards than outwards).

Makes whole experience of playing it annoying.

Edited by Wymeswold fox