Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

2 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Well, I've had worse days. 

20160909_163209.jpg

Lake Baikal. View from the place I'm staying for the day. It's immense, in practically every way. And you can drink the water, too.

I fell down a wikipedia rabbit hole last week about Russia and particularly Siberia, amazing stuff

22 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

He didn't make it, sadly.

Absolutely gutted. It's said a lot, but it really is like losing a member of the family.

Sorry to hear that. I've had some family members pass away but i cried like a baby when my dog died. What made it worse was my mum took him vets after he had a stroke without telling me so he was put down without me getting to say bye. Devastated. Keep your chin up

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Wookie said:

I fell down a wikipedia rabbit hole last week about Russia and particularly Siberia, amazing stuff.

Yeah, it really is. Traveling across it gives you an idea of the scale of it all, too. You have areas that are like the Scottish highlands but a thousand times the size, and then you'll spend the next few hundred kilometres going through an enormous forest of alder or birch.

Baikal itself is unique in its climate and life too. Fascinating.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kingcarr21 said:

Sorry to hear that. I've had some family members pass away but i cried like a baby when my dog died. What made it worse was my mum took him vets after he had a stroke without telling me so he was put down without me getting to say bye. Devastated. Keep your chin up

Thanks mate. Yeah I lost my grandma earlier in the year and whilst it was extremely sad, this is got to me a bit more. I sat with her whilst she was on her deathbed, but watching our dog put to sleep had me in pieces. 

Been playing in a football tournament since the start of the year run by Bedfordshire FA.

6 teams. Going in to the final match we needed to win by 2 or more goals to finish top (we were playing the side that were top).  

We only won 1-0 so lost out on goal difference :( 

Can anybody help me? Me and my mate

made a mate at uni a few years ago. He is from Liverpool. Anyway he is getting married today and my and my home mate have come up to Manchester. However the problem is he has been invited to the wedding but me just the reception. So now I am in Manchester centre until around 5 then I will go back and watch our game at the hotel before I go to the reception at 7:30. So basically what can i do in Manchester for 3 hours? 

13 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

made a mate at uni a few years ago. He is from Liverpool. Anyway he is getting married today and my and my home mate have come up to Manchester. However the problem is he has been invited to the wedding but me just the reception. So now I am in Manchester centre until around 5 then I will go back and watch our game at the hotel before I go to the reception at 7:30. So basically what can i do in Manchester for 3 hours? 

Get down to Old Trafford and laugh at all the Manure fans ...        Then run.

24 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

https://whatpub.com/pubs/MAN/9747/marble-arch-manchester-city-centre

https://www.timeout.com/manchester/bars-and-pubs/the-marble-arch

Got a flat tyre and the car wobbled left to right on an A road. Limped several miles to a suitable tarmac layby to change tyres. (I'm not doing it a A road). jacked the car up, loosened up the bolts and grabbed the tyre with both arms. The thing is tyres get massively hot when driven flat. Anyone remember Kane in the Kung fu series?

Yes I have tyre mark burn tattoos on both forearms.

There wasn't any snow but cool wet grass helped. I was on my knees, fists clenched with my forearms in the grass. I'm so glad Mr Vaz didn't happen to drive past.

• Like 2

Drove home from visiting the parents in Brussels today. When I got off the channel tunnel my satnav said I'd be back at 11-ish. Late night traffic (or to be more accurate synchronised parking) towards the blackwall tunnel meant I finally got back near 2. I really hate London. (Also my satnav for taking me that way and myself for not knowing any better routes.) 

13 hours ago, Great Boos Up said:

Got a flat tyre and the car wobbled left to right on an A road. Limped several miles to a suitable tarmac layby to change tyres. (I'm not doing it a A road). jacked the car up, loosened up the bolts and grabbed the tyre with both arms. The thing is tyres get massively hot when driven flat. Anyone remember Kane in the Kung fu series?

Yes I have tyre mark burn tattoos on both forearms.

There wasn't any snow but cool wet grass helped. I was on my knees, fists clenched with my forearms in the grass. I'm so glad Mr Vaz didn't happen to drive past.

Nice one grasshopper !

On 8 September 2016 at 23:24, Thracian said:

Discovered that three hours gardening this morning was no way to prepare for a golf competition this afternoon. One under par gross through six holes, I almost fell asleep on the back nine to finish nowhere! :(.   

Hey, you only posted that so you could tell us you were 1 under gross after 6

I know these things lol

4 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Hey, you only posted that so you could tell us you were 1 under gross after 6

I know these things lol

Haha, it's a rare enough thing for sure but I've played long enough to know the course hits back with shattering effect.

There's another curious fact about golf.

With the game divided up into tee shots, approach shots and putting it's quite remarkable that, whichever two you might get right on any particular day, the other aspect lets you down.  

Somehow you never get all three working well on the same day.

We don't have days when we forget how balance the clutch in our car or how to deliver food to the mouth. But in golf the way to drive, putt or chip accurately can disappear overnight and for no apparent reason.          

• Like 1