Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

23 minutes ago, Buce said:

I found a couple of Giant Puffball fungi while out walking today, and I've just fried them up to have with dinner.

They are superb - taste just like steak.

I love all kinds of mushroom but I'd never dare eat wild ones.

11 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I love all kinds of mushroom but I'd never dare eat wild ones.

There are over 15,000 kinds in the UK, and very few are poisonous.

There are loads of websites with descriptions and photographs which will enable you to safely identify them. I've tried about thirty different types this year, but the Puffballs I had today are by far the nicest I've eaten. There is nothing that looks remotely like them, so you can't go wrong.

Puffball.jpg

Edited by Buce

1 hour ago, Devonfox1884 said:

Just finished signing the paperwork for my first car. It's an 06 Fiesta and I'm stupidly excited about going to pick it up at the weekend!

My first car was a Fiesta LX. Will always love that car. Very little went wrong with it. Unfortunately a welsh willy puller drove into the back of it at 60mph, I was at a stand still with the result being a write off. The boot took the whole impact. My airbag didn't even go off that's how well the boot took the impact. Very well built car which i'm sure you will love.

EDIT - haha i wrote w*nker and it has auto corrected it to willy puller lol 

Edited by kingcarr21
  • Like 1

My wife gave one of our security guards a lift from near her work today. He gets in and started to tell her that he loves her and wants to be with her. He got kicked out the car pretty quickly. He then turned up at the house tonight for work, and I had to remove him from the property. It was a tense situation, not helped by my wife sticking her head out the door and giving her 2p worth. I am still quite stressed and hoping that he doesn't try to do anything.

57 minutes ago, Merging Cultures said:

My wife gave one of our security guards a lift from near her work today. He gets in and started to tell her that he loves her and wants to be with her. He got kicked out the car pretty quickly. He then turned up at the house tonight for work, and I had to remove him from the property. It was a tense situation, not helped by my wife sticking her head out the door and giving her 2p worth. I am still quite stressed and hoping that he doesn't try to do anything.

Fvcking hell, MC, that's well scary.

Take care, mate.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Merging Cultures said:

That's quite worrying, stay safe mate. 

Though I'm sure you won't have anything to worry about with the dogs you have got.

1 hour ago, Merging Cultures said:

Jeez that sounds serious. My uncle and his family lived and worked in Zambia in the early 80s, for about 2 years. I remember him telling me it was dangerous back then with security guards and other hired help robbing families they were working for. Hope you get it sorted.

• Like 1

Jeez that sounds serious. My uncle and his family lived and worked in Zambia in the early 80s, for about 2 years. I remember him telling me it was dangerous back then with security guards and other hired help robbing families they were working for. Hope you get it sorted.

Yeah, most break ins are because of a Security Guards. So I probably won't sleep well tonight.

I'll also now be worried when she goes to/leaves work as that is where she saw him when she picked him up. She won't be picking anyone up again. (I didn't think I had to tell her that to be honest!)

3 hours ago, Merging Cultures said:

Bloody hell MC,we don't know how lucky we are here.Hope all ok.

Going to South Africa next month and I was pleased we had security.Now I'm not so sure.

• Like 1

Would now be a bad time to mention the acquaintance of one of my colleagues who, when living in a southern-African country (I forget which, I wanna say Zimbabwe), awoke to the sound of his wife screaming at a dude stood at the foot of their bed holding a machete?

Machete's reaction to this is to launch himself at the (apparently incredibly well-built) husband who instinctively throws his arm up and rather fortuitously blocks the initial blow with his rolex, buying him enough time to spring up and employ his significant self-defence skills to neutralise the bad man.  Apparently it wasn't till he was done dragging the guy out onto the balcony and beating the crap out of him that he realised the watch hadn't done shit to protect him and he'd just beaten a guy up with his stump arm.  Good story tbf, no idea how true it is I hasten to add.  (I'm sure you'll be fine MC, just remember to wear your gauntlet to bed for a few days.)

• Like 3