Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Only person in the kitchen today and I've just finished serving a table of 11 who walked in without booking ahead then decided to order individually so their tickets came in a few minutes after each-other basically destroying any chance of effectively time-managing their dishes or indeed prepping the repeat orders at the same time in the same pans. Please kill me now.

2 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

Only person in the kitchen today and I've just finished serving a table of 11 who walked in without booking ahead then decided to order individually so their tickets came in a few minutes after each-other basically destroying any chance of effectively time-managing their dishes or indeed prepping the repeat orders at the same time in the same pans. Please kill me now.

Is that not bad table management by the waiter/waitress though?

1 minute ago, DB11 said:

Is that not bad table management by the waiter/waitress though?

Quite right DB ...  they should have sat about 4 down so that the Llama could cope with the order and told the rest of them to bugger off and come back in about 20 minutes ...   simples !!   :thumbup:

• Like 1

Just now, Countryfox said:

Quite right DB ...  they should have sat about 4 down so that the Llama could cope with the order and told the rest of them to bugger off and come back in about 20 minutes ...   simples !!   :thumbup:

Or just serve all 11 at once and take one order, go to the kitchen and then come back for another :blink:

4 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

Still in Cambridge?

you know how awkward the customers can be in Cambridge,I'm being serious .

My Dad, who toyed with the communist party after the war, before sticking with Labour for the next 50 years, would turn in his grave if he hadn't been cremated.

Been retired three months and rejoined the local conny club because it has three snooker tables upstairs and woman not really welcome whilst you are playing, (women were banned from going upstairs until the 1990's) the best bass in town and cost price cobs. Because I come from a financial background they have just asked me to be club treasurer! An honouriam involved, probably a couple of pints a week!

To put the record straight I have no interest in politics, but like a good beer and a game of snooker and the club, so have agreed. Meeting the secretary tomorrow lunch to run through job description, but can't see any problems. Will keep the old brain cell ticking over anyway.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, cambridgefox said:

Still in Cambridge?

you know how awkward the customers can be in Cambridge,I'm being serious .

Aye.  Orders are normally taken from the table like in any restaurant but they were taking it in turns to place an order at the bar because apparently that's the only way they could conceive of paying for their own meals. The barman could have asked what they all wanted then let me know before processing all the tickets individually I suppose but he's new and young so I'll let him off and blame it on the cuntstomers :thumbup:

My fingernails are quite bendy when they grow long.  I've realized if I press my middle fingernail down it eventually lies flat, and I'm wondering if I could grow the nail down the inside of my finger.

I wonder if its ever been done before.  A finger with a nail on both sides.

A small step for man.

So I'm asking the only well-informed intelligent people around....the members of foxestalk.

Should I proceed with this experiment or should I do the right thing and cut?

25 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

My fingernails are quite bendy when they grow long.  I've realized if I press my middle fingernail down it eventually lies flat, and I'm wondering if I could grow the nail down the inside of my finger.

A small step for man.

So I'm asking the only well-informed intelligent people around....the members of foxestalk.

Definitely try it, and also create a thread with daily photo updates.

• Like 1

Just now, Jon the Hat said:

Definitely try it, and also create a thread with daily photo updates.

Thanks for the encouragement, since I've flattened it I think it might have stopped growing or at least slowed down, so maybe a daily update would be too much.

Maybe a fortnightly update would suffice.

32 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

A small step for man.

Image result for long fingernails

13 hours ago, BoyJones said:

My Dad, who toyed with the communist party after the war, before sticking with Labour for the next 50 years, would turn in his grave if he hadn't been cremated.

Been retired three months and rejoined the local conny club because it has three snooker tables upstairs and woman not really welcome whilst you are playing, (women were banned from going upstairs until the 1990's) the best bass in town and cost price cobs. Because I come from a financial background they have just asked me to be club treasurer! An honouriam involved, probably a couple of pints a week!

To put the record straight I have no interest in politics, but like a good beer and a game of snooker and the club, so have agreed. Meeting the secretary tomorrow lunch to run through job description, but can't see any problems. Will keep the old brain cell ticking over anyway.

Make sure there's not a Conservative induction involving members, and dead pigs mouths before agreeing to anything buddy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Countryfox said:

As days go this one has been a BELTER ! ....     Been in a dark tunnel for a few months now and today the sun came out.    :)

We are very lucky to have a hospital like Glenfield on our doorstep ...    the staff are so caring and very efficient ...   all of them ....   even the little lady in the shop who sort of growls when I get my newspaper.   Thank you all so much for looking after Mrs CF ...   she's had 4 ops there now, 2 open heart and now 2 to remove her cancer ...    you are all amazing.

Great to hear.

My Grandad has had several heart ops there. We love the Glenfield.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ramboacdc said:

pretty shit really. mrs got sacked today for being off sick under a doctors sick note. thats me cutting a few things back now. 

If anyone has any jobs going in the coalville area and may need someone to do it please let me know :)

Surely they can't sack someone when being off sick with a doctors note? 

A bloke at my work has been off work for 6 months and he's getting sick note after sick note and the company can't touch him.