Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

I am winding down in my current job, so doing all the tasks I should have done before. Also, trying to finalise some contracts before I leave.

I've had a typical conversation that I have with my boss where he contradicts what he has said previously and criticises you for doing it the way he had previously said. Oh well. He can do the contracts if he wants!! See ya!

3 hours ago, Merging Cultures said:

I am winding down in my current job, so doing all the tasks I should have done before. Also, trying to finalise some contracts before I leave.

I've had a typical conversation that I have with my boss where he contradicts what he has said previously and criticises you for doing it the way he had previously said. Oh well. He can do the contracts if he wants!! See ya!

A big giant GFY is needed here.

• Like 1

Living in a flat with communal areas - came back from work at about 8.30pm and the internal and external lights had gone out in the block. Came in and reported it. Switched TV on and all freeview channels had gone. I can only get internet channels. Reported that as well as thought the issues were linked. The guy at the property management company rang the contractor and asked him to contact me. They rang through to me and said the issue, which was with the amplifier serving the communal area, was fixed and all should be resolved.

Went to re-scan my TV channels but still no normal non-internet channels. 

So I've rang through to BT (service provider) and they've booked an engineer to come out and see the issue with the aerial on Monday.

Would I have any grounds for making any kind of complaint with the property management company for damaging my aerial with the issues caused last night?

On 20/09/2016 at 17:29, Facecloth said:

What kind of work was she in? I work in the Coalville area, not sure if we've got anything going at the minute.

What was the reason given for the dismissal? I know you can be sacked whilst on the sick, but it has to be fair and reasonable, they can't just sack you because you had a week off with a bad back and they didn't like it, for instance. I mean if they found she'd done something that would warrant sacking before she went on the sick, they could reasonably send her packing, but they can't dismiss her just for being ill.

if im honest, anything going. she does her younique as you may know and has been under a sick note since about june due to labryinthitus, they have been trying to get her out for ages. gave her a written warning for absense when under sicknote and upheld it after appeal. sacked her in the end saying she was breaking company policy having "other employment" when on SSP in her Younique....bastards really.

On September 23, 2016 at 03:59, Unabomber said:

Was at the built it awards last night at the park lane Hilton, we won best roofing product. 

Just watched the videos, great system, must save weeks on site.

I can't figure out why the UK is so set on brick and block walls. Such an inefficient building process! Aesthetically brick looks nice but i would have thought that lightweight brick 'tiles on a prefabricated timber/manmade frame wall is not beyond the wit of man.

Anyway congrats on the award.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Smudge said:

Just watched the videos, great system, must save weeks on site.

I can't figure out why the UK is so set on brick and block walls. Such an inefficient building process! Aesthetically brick looks nice but i would have thought that lightweight brick 'tiles on a prefabricated timber/manmade frame wall is not beyond the wit of man.

Anyway congrats on the award.

Cheers mate. Yeah we save weeks on build programmes as our timber frame spandrels get rid of the need for gable and party block work. Also the brickwork is built up after we have installed. So dwellings will still have the traditional look to them. We only deal with the major builders in the main atm as they are all about speed and h&s.

It will get rid of the traditional method of attic truss construction in the next few years. 

Edited by Unabomber
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, separator said:

Stayed in an easyhotel in Croydon on Saturday, makes a Travelodge look like a five star hotel. Would have felt more comfortable walking down the main road in Raqqa wearing an 'ISIS are cvnts' t-shirt. Never again Stelios, if you ever read this

Easyjet seem to have gone shite recently too. Flown with them a few times over summer and every flight delayed. One because they didn't have enough staff. 

Also forcing women on to the floor to stuff their handbags into their mini suitcases is crazy. One of the few companies who make you do that I think. It's really put me off going with them in the future although I'll often have no choice.

so the guy who came to fix my toilet last week was a real cowboy and could not have done a worst job. thankfully the guy who came out today was a true professional and did a fantastic job and basically said the guy before who came out could not have done a worse job of fixing it so thankfully it is done and will not need doing again. the lesson here is to get true professionals in to do a job and not cowboys who say they know what they are doing but in practice they don't 

7 hours ago, foxy boxing said:

so the guy who came to fix my toilet last week was a real cowboy and could not have done a worst job. thankfully the guy who came out today was a true professional and did a fantastic job and basically said the guy before who came out could not have done a worse job of fixing it so thankfully it is done and will not need doing again. the lesson here is to get true professionals in to do a job and not cowboys who say they know what they are doing but in practice they don't 

But if they say they know what they're doing how do you know they don't until afterwards when somebody else tells you they know what they're doing and the last guy didn't?

13 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

But if they say they know what they're doing how do you know they don't until afterwards when somebody else tells you they know what they're doing and the last guy didn't?

Cowboy

cowboy.png

Plumber

plumber.png

Edited by Buce

21 hours ago, foxy boxing said:

Yer poof! DIY man, it's what we do. ;)

Even if you'd cocked it up (pardon the pun) you'd be no worse off. 

2 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

I think your interpretation of images is beautiful MC.  I see a woman emitting a solitary tear of sadness for her final living act as her brain explodes.

Fantastic! I love that too. Imagine knowing when you are about to go and you get to hold it together like that. She turns around and says, "I'll be back".

4 hours ago, Merging Cultures said:

Fantastic! I love that too. Imagine knowing when you are about to go and you get to hold it together like that. She turns around and says, "I'll be back".

I think it's clear which of us is the optimist and which is the pessimist lol

Been a good evening for me despite missing Leicester's first ever home Champions League match. Had to use what little common time off I have with this girl I'm seeing (both of us are always busy and our free time rarely clashes what with me working until late in the evenings and all weekend) but the date went well (I think - she seems eager to do it again in any case I just hope I'm not friend-zoning myself too much by being all hands-off with her) and I got to come home to a victory over Porto.  Nice.

• Like 1