Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

So while you lot are preparing to go on the piss and watch the game, I'm sat in the Endoscopy waiting room at hospital, waiting for a foot long scope to be shoved up my arse. Anyone fancy swapping places? lol

17 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

So while you lot are preparing to go on the piss and watch the game, I'm sat in the Endoscopy waiting room at hospital, waiting for a foot long scope to be shoved up my arse. Anyone fancy swapping places? lol

The hard bit, excuse the pun, is over. The pre-cleanse is the most horrid part. It's uncomfortable but managable. I'll take the bottom endoscopy over a top one any day.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sphericalfox said:

The hard bit, excuse the pun, is over. The pre-cleanse is the most horrid part. It's uncomfortable but managable. I'll take the bottom endoscopy over a top one any day.

Yeah, not the most pleasant experience :blink:

I pussied out and opted for sedation so didn't feel much, but I'm a bit spaced out now! :huh: 

11 minutes ago, sphericalfox said:

You missed out, they let you watch the live feed and everything when you're awake.

lol I've got the colour photos printout thanks :thumbup:

I had Ulcerative Colitis years ago and had my colon removed and a j-pouch formed. Today's scope was to check my pouch function and the results now show I've also got Cronhs disease. I've had better days to be fair....:(

3 minutes ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

I had Ulcerative Colitis years ago and had my colon removed and a j-pouch formed. Today's scope was to check my pouch function and the results now show I've also got Cronhs disease. I've had better days to be fair....:(

sorry to hear that pal. hope it went well, besides the crapness of the procedure.

1 hour ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

F'kinell, that sounds grim.

6 minutes ago, Webbo said:

F'kinell, that sounds grim.

Yeah, it's not very pleasant really - but I know there are people far worse off than me. Hopefully the Crohn's can be medicated without the need for more surgery and I can still lead a reasonably comfortable existence. I just pray I'll never have to return to the ileostomy bag - now that was fvckin grim! 

• Like 3

On 29/10/2016 at 17:50, Izzy Muzzett said:

Sorry to read that. Sounds highly unpleasant.

Till now I had thought Colitis was something you got from spending too much time in the Leicester City forum.

Anyway, steer clear of the white trousers on the golf course mate :thumbup:

Edited by Mike Oxlong
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Sorry to read that. Sounds highly unpleasant.

Till now I had thought Colitis was something you got from spending too much time in the Leicester City forum.

Anyway, steer clear of the white trousers on the golf course mate :thumbup:

lol luckily our 9th green is right next to the clubhouse so I can easily nip in for a 'pit stop' half way round :thumbup:

At least I'm not Darren Fletcher of West Brom. He's had the same surgery as me and it's well documented he had to sprint to the bog frequently in training when he suffered from UC at Man Utd.

Last season away at Swansea he badly fouled one of their players and then protested his innocence. The Swansea fans started singing "WHAT'S IT LIKE TO SHIT YOUR PANTS?" at him lol but he took it in good spirits...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

Rubber glove treatment time. just pray you dont have a fat fingered interviewer.

I hear Pat Jennings has recently started working there.

On 29/10/2016 at 17:50, Izzy Muzzett said:

My wife's family pretty much all suffer with either UC or Crohns buddy, they tend to come hand in hand. Sorry to hear your news, things can and will get better I hope anyway

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Buce said:

I saw my first wild otter, this morning, down by the River Sence. :)

I had no idea they'd spread to that part of Leicestershire.

We've had sightings and signs of otters through Broughton Astley for a few years now, though it just looks like they are passing through to other areas rather than making it their home unfortunately. Absolutely beautiful creatures.

2 minutes ago, Darkon84 said:

We've had sightings and signs of otters through Broughton Astley for a few years now, though it just looks like they are passing through to other areas rather than making it their home unfortunately. Absolutely beautiful creatures.

Yeah, this was a solitary male (I think), so it was probably looking for new territory.

Made my day. :)

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

My wife's family pretty much all suffer with either UC or Crohns buddy, they tend to come hand in hand. Sorry to hear your news, things can and will get better I hope anyway

Cheers Bob - really appreciate it mate :thumbup:

Some days are good days and some days are not so good. Lets hope for a City win this evening and today will be a good day! :scarf:

• Like 1