Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

40 minutes ago, Great Boos Up said:

A day behind but the dishwasher broke and had to buy my boys birthday present and post a letter. Should be able to finish all tasks before kickoff. Hit a car in the carpark but swapped details and bought the toy and a new outlet hose. Stopped on the way back to post the letter and dropped it in a puddle, found I'd bought the wrong toy and the new part didn't fit and flooded my kitchen. The wife gave me what for; cleaned the kitchen went back to exchange toy and clicked on for kickoff. You know when sometimes you think the world is against you.

For some strange reason I just smiled and felt good about myself. What's that about? My days turned shit and I'm in a great mood!

32 minutes ago, Beliall said:

Sounds like you finally snapped and went full crazy

Like this moment

giphy.gif

• Like 1

New York is a mental city. Got back on Saturday. Stayed there 4 nights and went to all the usual tourist places, Rockefeller, Empire State, Natural History Museum, NYSE, China town, Little Italy, Madison Square Garden, Grand Central station, Central Park etc. Went on a helicopter tour and a boat cruise and spent a fortune on presents. Most expensive gift was a doll and accessories for my daughter. 

Was told to take loads of warm clothes for November. Took thermals, coats, hat, scarves and gloves etc but ended up wearing a T shirt every day. Glorious weather we were so lucky.

Amazing place would highly recommend going. Take plenty of cash tho lol 

• Like 2

here comes the rain again, falling on my head like a memory! honestly the sky is just so dark when you want to go out. you try and wait till it stops raining BUT it never stops.soon it is going to be snow joke and i will be even more reluctant to want to leave the house. WINTER IS COMING!

Was looking forward to our Monday night 6-aside league at Enderby.

However, got a text saying all matches had been cancelled because it is raining!! WTF is wrong with this PC crazy world, somebody might get hurt!! 

No standing water, just some jobsworth decision adversely  affecting 100 people's evening. 

1 hour ago, BoyJones said:

Was looking forward to our Monday night 6-aside league at Enderby.

However, got a text saying all matches had been cancelled because it is raining!! WTF is wrong with this PC crazy world, somebody might get hurt!! 

No standing water, just some jobsworth decision adversely  affecting 100 people's evening. 

I play 5 a side at Goals, all matches went ahead.

Jon is right though, if they feel the pitches are dangerous they have to make a call or the first injury someone would be sueing. 

13 hours ago, Facecloth said:

I play 5 a side at Goals, all matches went ahead.

Jon is right though, if they feel the pitches are dangerous they have to make a call or the first injury someone would be sueing. 

I understand the worry about being sued and how the world has changed. 

Still very frustrating for an old timer brought up when you just got on with things and looked to enjoy life. 

I will have to remove a mouse from the behind kitchen cabinets when I get home.  My wife rang rather concerned about said mouse, which was in the Lounge at the time.  She eventually got the useless cat to chase it out the back door, only for the cat to catch it and bring it back through the cat flap into the kitchen, whereupon it made its way over the kick boards and behind the cupboards.  My suggestion of stuffing the cat in there to sort it out is apparently not a good one.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, theessexfox said:

Got my first uni offer today, from Exeter. I've also got a Cambridge interview in two and a half weeks, which is scary.

Don't be dazzled in the Cambridge headlights. Assess them as much as they assess you.

Good luck, wherever you end up. At the risk of being superficial, your posts on here give a good impression. I'm sure you'll prosper somewhere stimulating, wherever that is.

• Like 1