Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

4 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Thanks!

It's for a visa to go out there and marry.

Best of luck to you both then. unless you want to marry a horse or something wierd. ( they do that over there in some states you know)

3 minutes ago, Buce said:

A good start - just found a £20 note on Asda car park. :)

lucky, I lost £20 in an asda last night

47 minutes ago, Buce said:

Well, I don't need the money but you can never have too much good karma.

Let's hope you don't do something bad later in the day, Buce.

You wouldn't want to be a karma, karma, karma, karma, karma chameleon, and come and go, would you?

14 hours ago, Izzy Muzzett said:

This morning: all Xmas shopping done

This afternoon: all Xmas shopping wrapped

Job done. Well ahead of the game this year :thumbup:

I hate people like you Muzzett ...

1 hour ago, Buce said:

A good start - just found a £20 note on Asda car park. :)

And YOU Mr Buce !!

5 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Interview went well, hopefully should be able to fly out to the US in about three weeks! :D

i'm assuming this is on a fiance's visa.. Congratulations!

Thats how i got into the states. It was a bloody pain jumping through all the hoops - make sure you get married within 3 months of getting into the country and make sure also you file for your green card as soon as you have all the marriage documents.  The green card is a temporary green card that lasts for two years - it means they can kick you out if it doesn't work out. After two years you can file for a permanent 10 year green card and after a further 12 months ( 3 years in total) you can file for citizenship, if you so choose ( i chose not to) . What we did is have like a meeting with a pastor and her parents ( as witnesses)  said a few lines and that got us what we needed to go to the local court house to get our marriage certificate to start the green card process.  We didnt tell anyone else and We then had the ceremony a few months later and ' got married'. It just bought us a bit more time to organise the wedding as there was no way to know exactly when the visa interview, then visa and subsequent flight over was going to happen.

Also, get your social security card as soon as possible - you can use your k1 to do that and check at your port of entry as SOME states ( not all ) allow you to work on your k1 fiance's visa. I  Asked the Border control agent who checked me in if i was alloed to work, he looked it up in his little book and said i could... i remembered his name, time, date just in case and started looking for a job a few hours after landing! There are other people who take cash jobs without checking  and its upto you if you want to take that risk or not... i didnt want to.

If you have any questions, feel free to message me..

• Like 3

3 hours ago, MPH said:

i'm assuming this is on a fiance's visa.. Congratulations!

Thats how i got into the states. It was a bloody pain jumping through all the hoops - make sure you get married within 3 months of getting into the country and make sure also you file for your green card as soon as you have all the marriage documents.  The green card is a temporary green card that lasts for two years - it means they can kick you out if it doesn't work out. After two years you can file for a permanent 10 year green card and after a further 12 months ( 3 years in total) you can file for citizenship, if you so choose ( i chose not to) . What we did is have like a meeting with a pastor and her parents ( as witnesses)  said a few lines and that got us what we needed to go to the local court house to get our marriage certificate to start the green card process.  We didnt tell anyone else and We then had the ceremony a few months later and ' got married'. It just bought us a bit more time to organise the wedding as there was no way to know exactly when the visa interview, then visa and subsequent flight over was going to happen.

Also, get your social security card as soon as possible - you can use your k1 to do that and check at your port of entry as SOME states ( not all ) allow you to work on your k1 fiance's visa. I  Asked the Border control agent who checked me in if i was alloed to work, he looked it up in his little book and said i could... i remembered his name, time, date just in case and started looking for a job a few hours after landing! There are other people who take cash jobs without checking  and its upto you if you want to take that risk or not... i didnt want to.

If you have any questions, feel free to message me..

Thanks for the advice there. I'll keep it in mind! :thumbup:

Pretty sour mood this morning in part because I can feel the early stages of a child creeping up the back of my throat and down my nasal cavity. Such a bad mood in fact that I've twice made a cup of tea without asking around if anybody else wants one.

Edit: A cold ffs, the early stages of a cold lol

Edited by Carl the Llama

7 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Pretty sour mood this morning in part because I can feel the early stages of a child creeping up the back of my throat and down my nasal cavity. Such a bad mood in fact that I've twice made a cup of tea without asking around if anybody else wants one.

Edit: A cold ffs, the early stages of a cold lol

A Freudian slip, Carl?

Edited by Buce