Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

24 minutes ago, theessexfox said:

Had my Cambridge interview today, hard to tell how it went but it was absolutely draining. Enjoyed the experience on the whole though. Came back to an offer from Sheffield which is nice. 

There's a theory that being given a demanding interview is a sign that you're being taken seriously as a candidate.....

Good luck, anyway. Stimulating times ahead wherever you end up, I'm sure.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

There's a theory that being given a demanding interview is a sign that you're being taken seriously as a candidate.....

Good luck, anyway. Stimulating times ahead wherever you end up, I'm sure.

Haha thank you, given it was a Politics (HSPS) interview I was surprised when one of them moved on to my history course and Henry VII - he was in fact a history professor. He essentially asked me my opinion in Henry VII's governance and stability and then tore it down, presenting new arguments and telling me everything I'd been taught was wrong, but not in a nasty way. He told me afterwards that a.) he really is passionate about how wrong schools get Henry VII's reign when they teach it and b.) its a method where they present new information and see how the candidates react. I'm not sure how confidently and assertively I reacted...

The second interview was discussing two unseen texts written about and at the time of drafting the Universal Declaration of Human Rights - it was a hard text and I felt like I wasn't answering the questions directly and was waffling a little bit, and that whole second interview felt a bit more shaky. I'll find out in January anyway, my choices will either be Cambridge Exeter or Exeter Sheffield, and I'm glad I can just focus on getting the grades now.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Had to drive to the centre of London today ...    Set off at 10 am and got back at 7pm ...    Never, never, again. 

"Let the train take the strain" old chap :thumbup:

2 hours ago, theessexfox said:

Haha thank you, given it was a Politics (HSPS) interview I was surprised when one of them moved on to my history course and Henry VII - he was in fact a history professor. He essentially asked me my opinion in Henry VII's governance and stability and then tore it down, presenting new arguments and telling me everything I'd been taught was wrong, but not in a nasty way. He told me afterwards that a.) he really is passionate about how wrong schools get Henry VII's reign when they teach it and b.) its a method where they present new information and see how the candidates react. I'm not sure how confidently and assertively I reacted...

The second interview was discussing two unseen texts written about and at the time of drafting the Universal Declaration of Human Rights - it was a hard text and I felt like I wasn't answering the questions directly and was waffling a little bit, and that whole second interview felt a bit more shaky. I'll find out in January anyway, my choices will either be Cambridge Exeter or Exeter Sheffield, and I'm glad I can just focus on getting the grades now.

Jeez. You sound far too clever to be a Leicester fan! lol

16 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Had to drive to the centre of London today ...    Set off at 10 am and got back at 7pm ...    Never, never, again. 

and don't think going super early helps, those b*strds queue from 5am from Luton.

I bet your problem was getting back. Thursdays are best in and out.

2 hours ago, theessexfox said:

History is written by the winners, but when you look really close you can find the details don't match the facts. If you were wide eyed and open mouthed and listening to his every syllable, then he really liked you, as you showed that you can listen and think for yourself as opposed to regurgitating pre stated information. If you can do that then you have a free mind to expand.

(no place for FoxesTalk for you my friend)

55 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Maybe you should take the car next time, CF.. 

tractor_city.jpg

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

Just finished a late shift and need to go to bed as I have to be up in 5/6 hours to collect my little daughter but struggling to go to bed and sleep, too much stuff whirring around in my head (which makes a change because it's usually empty lol)

I work shifts a lonnng time ago and know what you mena about the head spinning... one trick that worked for me...

Tense, hold and relax every muscle in your boddy... start at the toes...tense, hold release and work up your foot, legs etc etc... i usually was gone by the stomach :)

5 hours ago, ozleicester said:

I work shifts a lonnng time ago and know what you mena about the head spinning... one trick that worked for me...

Tense, hold and relax every muscle in your boddy... start at the toes...tense, hold release and work up your foot, legs etc etc... i usually was gone by the stomach :)

I will try that one at some point, I fell sleep about 20 minutes later in the end anyway but thanks

bloody shifts lol

21 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

Fvcking little shits just busted the lovely Mrs Oz's passenger window and nicked her handbag... just parked out the front of daughter house for 5 fvcking minutes...cvnts

****ing disgusting mate. hope there was nothing irreplacable in there

14 minutes ago, Beliall said:

****ing disgusting mate. hope there was nothing irreplacable in there

Thanks, :)

no just the inconvenience and cost of replacing the window and stuff and cards etc.  worst of all is the fear it puts into the victim.

1 minute ago, ozleicester said:

Thanks, :)

no just the inconvenience and cost of replacing the window and stuff and cards etc.  worst of all is the fear it puts into the victim.

It's  a terrible feeling I agree. Hope the ****ers get caught

22 minutes ago, Beliall said:

It's  a terrible feeling I agree. Hope the ****ers get caught

Cheers, the police have just been in touch to say they have a few "leads" so thats good... and its a small town, so if theyve used the cards around town there might be some video evidence.

• Like 1