Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Guest Col city fan
On 24/07/2024 at 09:31, foxfanazer said:

Well it's definitely not sepsis they've established. Just a really nasty chest infection 

*removed by request*

Guest Col city fan
On 24/07/2024 at 10:58, Rain King said:

Well that's reassured me, I have one next week 😪

*removed by request*

I'm off to have two wisdom teeth out under general anaesthetic this afternoon. Glad to get them out as they are almost worn down to the gum, but hate having to be put under to do it. 

So if I post gibberish this evening....... then you know it's been a success and I'm back to normal :P

37 minutes ago, The Bear said:

I'm off to have two wisdom teeth out under general anaesthetic this afternoon. Glad to get them out as they are almost worn down to the gum, but hate having to be put under to do it. 

So if I post gibberish this evening....... then you know it's been a success and I'm back to normal :P

Hope it all goes well!

Had to leave the house this morning at 5.25 to get to a 10.30 meeting less than 100 miles away in Mansfield.

Gotta love travelling east to west on our trains!

Edited by ajthefox

28 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

Had to leave the house this morning at 5.25 to get to a 10.30 meeting less than 100 miles away in Mansfield.

Gotta love travelling east to west on our trains!

Have to get up at 5am to go from Jersey - Guernsey for an 8.30am start. A 7 minute flight!!!

2 hours ago, The Bear said:

Having had one out under local "anaesthetic", I would say being put under for this procedure is very much for the best

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Having had one out under local "anaesthetic", I would say being put under for this procedure is very much for the best

I ask for a general when seeing the hygienist. 

8 minutes ago, Daggers said:

I ask for a general when seeing the hygienist. 

I just rely on the lilting Irish tones of my dentist to calm my body and mind. 

I've said on here before that I fell asleep when he was doing a root canal filling on me so it definitely works

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Have to get up at 5am to go from Jersey - Guernsey for an 8.30am start. A 7 minute flight!!!

And a 17 hour delay and counting to go the other way due to fog and airline incompetence. As the Channel Islands aren't covered by any statutory compensation schemes, the airlines offer you nothing to help, not even a £3 meal voucher, never mind a hotel.

Anyone strange enough to come here on holiday or otherwise should strongly consider this as a deterrent to coming. The fog rolling in, everything being cancelled and the airlines leaving you high n dry is a fairly regular occurrence. 

Today was smashing. The new Mac arrived at the same time as the new DSLR, so I've got hours of fun ahead reading, tweaking and playing.

I'm staggered by the camera kit - all of it is secondhand, but aside from the boxes you wouldn't know it as it looks absolutely brand new. I can thoroughly recommend Wex if anyone is looking for used kit.

• Like 2

Just now, Daggers said:

Today was smashing. The new Mac arrived at the same time as the new DSLR, so I've got hours of fun ahead reading, tweaking and playing.

I'm staggered by the camera kit - all of it is secondhand, but aside from the boxes you wouldn't know it as it looks absolutely brand new. I can thoroughly recommend Wex if anyone is looking for used kit.

Used Wex to buy and sell, excellent company to deal with. 
Spent far too much money with them.