Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

3 hours ago, jgtuk said:

Used Wex to buy and sell, excellent company to deal with. 
Spent far too much money with them.

Wife has managed to break my car so I'm about to go look at the stuff I got for my lad while I'm waiting for the AA.

Fortunately for her she's on another 24hr shift today/tonight. Our marriage won't end today. lol

• Haha 1

I need somewhere to vent and it's only 7am. I use Nespresso coffee pods, they cost a bit more but it's nice to have a little luxury to my mornings. My girlfriend who insists that I only have one a day has started making me a coffee while im out walking the dog, by the time I get back it's cold, it's the wrong mug size for the pod and I have no clue what she's doing with the milk. I'll quickly drink it to go and make myself another where I get an earful about how much the pods cost, if I speak up on this coffee crime, I will be ungrateful and in the wrong.

1 hour ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

I need somewhere to vent and it's only 7am. I use Nespresso coffee pods, they cost a bit more but it's nice to have a little luxury to my mornings. My girlfriend who insists that I only have one a day has started making me a coffee while im out walking the dog, by the time I get back it's cold, it's the wrong mug size for the pod and I have no clue what she's doing with the milk. I'll quickly drink it to go and make myself another where I get an earful about how much the pods cost, if I speak up on this coffee crime, I will be ungrateful and in the wrong.

Agree with Daggers.  The money you'll save will also get you a coffee machine upgrade.  Win win.

• Haha 2

You need to have a word with yourself and decide whats more important in life.

The coffee or the GF- Clearly the Coffee- as stated by Daggers the GF MUST go.

Just pack her bags and leave them outside for her- she will know what she did.

Let us know how it progresses.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

If you are getting an earful about nespresso pods I'd get out while you can as that will escalate to other things in the future!

12 minutes ago, Daggers said:

You're single, aren't you.

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

Just ask her to leave it until you are back from walking the dog, as you like to drink it when it's hot and freshly made. 

Dear Bear- you DO NOT negotiate with women. Its like if they ask you what you want for Dinner babe? - They KNOW What you are having for dinner, they are just waiting for you to get round to saying it after you have said 6 things already!!

Edited by Raj
  • Like 1

Ignition barrel is collapsing and the key wouldn't turn yesterday. Nothing I could do fixed it. The AA man did a temp fix at 10 last night. Meant I had to take it to the garage this morning and dump it until they can fit it in.

Wife: "Oh that happened to me 5 months ago and I had to get a mechanic to come help me. He said it needed replacing."

Me (to the effect of, but not quite so measured): "Don't you think would have been a good thing to share?"

Unbelievable!

Service Dept guy confirmed that I'm just in warranty period - by 11 days! If anyone ever wants to buy a Jeep, Suzuki or Isuzu - get one from Westaway in Northampton. Service Dept guy is all kinds of awesome.

1 minute ago, Raj said:

Dear Bear- you DO NOT negotiate with women. Its like if they ask you what you want for Dinner babe? - They KNOW What you are having for dinner, they are just waiting for you to get round to saying it after you have said 6 things already!!

Beef Wellington is NEVER available.

3 hours ago, Raj said:

Nah I'm different gravy. You've just got to know how their mind works. 

You make a coffee together and lovingly take them through the process, subtly encouraging them to do it the way you like it. It makes them feel included, encouraged and appreciated. 

*Disclaimer* - The theory is sound, the practice isn't always successful. 

Edited by The Bear
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, The Bear said:

Nah I'm different gravy. You've just got to know how their mind works. 

You make a coffee together and lovingly take them through the process, subtly encouraging them to do it the way you like it. It makes them feel included, encouraged and appreciated. 

*Disclaimer* - The theory is sound, the practice isn't always successful. 

She's just taken the dog out for his evening walk, I reckon I can make the most lukewarm, milkiest coffee known to man before she's back. That's the level of my playing field 😂

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

She's just taken the dog out for his evening walk, I reckon I can make the most lukewarm, milkiest coffee known to man before she's back. That's the level of my playing field 😂

Ah yes the passive aggressive approach. Always a good fallback plan sure to inspire a hearty laugh from her.... 

• Haha 1

Thanks for the responses thankfully the end of the day has been better than the start.

In other news, has anyone got a room to rent?

Glad you took our advice🤣🤣👍🏾😁

On 31/07/2024 at 02:50, Parafox said:

I'm quite glad that I don't like coffee. 

Now, if she puts too much tonic in my gin...

Not for breakfast, obviously.

I'm going to change your life here, and you don't need to split up.  If she puts in too much tonic.... add another shot of Gin.  WINNING.

• Thanks 1

Average at best.

Returned from a holiday, flight was 5 hours delayed.

Got in the car at 02:00 knackered, then burst a run flat tyre with 140 miles to drive.

Got recovered after 2 hours, taken to a shady 24 hour type replacement depot in London, that wanted cash only. Cheers AA. 

Finally got home at 07:00 this morning and basically slept until dinner. 

Since then I’ve been catching up on all the dodgy news I’ve missed in the past two  weeks. 

7 hours ago, Sly said:

Average at best.

Returned from a holiday, flight was 5 hours delayed.

Got in the car at 02:00 knackered, then burst a run flat tyre with 140 miles to drive.

Got recovered after 2 hours, taken to a shady 24 hour type replacement depot in London, that wanted cash only. Cheers AA. 

Finally got home at 07:00 this morning and basically slept until dinner. 

Since then I’ve been catching up on all the dodgy news I’ve missed in the past two  weeks. 

You my friend may be entitled to hundreds of Euros in Compensation.  Look it up.