Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

39 minutes ago, StanSP said:

That feeling you have after an interview where you could have said much more but didn't!

That is every interview.  By the end of the weekend you will have convinced yourself it was the worst interview given by anyone in the history of mankind.  

It wasn't, you probably did far better than you thought but the reaction is natural.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:

That is every interview.  By the end of the weekend you will have convinced yourself it was the worst interview given by anyone in the history of mankind.  

It wasn't, you probably did far better than you thought but the reaction is natural.  

Cheers, fully agree! Overthinking as normal in these kinds of things. 

Least I have the interview practice if I don't get it! 

• Like 3

Dislike the feeling where 5 minutes before an interview, despite how calm you're trying to be, you feel your heart pounding and feeling a bit sweaty and thinking that this could be negatively perceived by the panel..

Edited by Wymsey
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

That feeling you have after an interview where you could have said much more but didn't!

I've had interviews where I thought that I embarrassed myself, my family, my future kids, my town, city, province, the worms in the garden etc and got an offer.

I also have had ones where I destroyed them and got denied.

I've stopped caring and just be myself hoping for the best. And no, no sexual situations arise instigated by myself or others lol

Nerves are always there. I eat a banana before each interview though and it seems to calm me. Perhaps it's my way of "taking one" before the actual interview. I have read that they help you focus but never really got scientific proof on it. Heck, the placebo effect works.

Best of luck!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

I've had interviews where I thought that I embarrassed myself, my family, my future kids, my town, city, province, the worms in the garden etc and got an offer.

I've stopped caring and just be myself hoping for the best. And no, no sexual situations arise instigated by myself or others lol

Nerves are always there. I eat a banana before each interview though and it seems to calm me. Perhaps it's my way of "taking one" before the actual interview. I have read that they help you focus but never really got scientific proof on it. Heck, the placebo effect works.

Best of luck!

Thanks mate, I know the feelings! 

3 hours ago, tom27111 said:

We're hiring if you fancy flogging a few motors, Stan lol

I now nothing about cars, don't like talking to the public and hate admin - should I send in my CV?

7 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Dislike the feeling where 5 minutes before an interview, despite how calm you're trying to be, you feel your heart pounding and feeling a bit sweaty and thinking that this could be negatively perceived by the panel..

I always watch this before I go into any interview:

• Haha 1

Weekend of painting whilst the family is gone to the outlaws.

Get the radio on, the old shorts and vest, its actually very therapeutic to be honest.

P.S Turtledove great matt emulsion dulux trade for those interested, looking for 2 coats but might be 3 as it's on a dark colour!!

Wish me luck!😁

33 minutes ago, Raj said:

Get the radio on, the old shorts and vest, its actually very therapeutic to be honest.

P.S Turtledove great matt emulsion dulux trade for those interested, looking for 2 coats but might be 3 as it's on a dark colour!!

Wish me luck!😁

Good luck. It's good that you've been left alone to do it with no interference. 

I bloody hate painting! I get very impatient and just use rollers wherever possible. Even on textured wallpapers as you can get the extra fluffy rollers for the job. 

Edited by The Bear
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Raj said:

Wish me luck!😁

Enjoy! 

I loved painting our garden fence. Needed two coats and had a very sore arm afterwards but was worth it and as you say, quite therapeutic and cathartic. 

And of course rewarding when you see the finished product. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

Best of luck!

I can absolutely relate to this.

Many years ago, I attended 3 interviews in a single day....

- Interview 1: Thought I did OK but nothing special. Not confident of outcome.

- Interview 2: There were multiple vacancies and I performed like a dream. Very confident of an offer.

- Interview 3: 3-person panel across a massive room. I was still young, so was massively intimidated - and felt I made a complete fool of myself at interview. No chance.

I was rejected for Job 2, got offered Job 1 and did it for a month, then got offered Job 3, so moved to that one and did it for 3 years. :dunno:

When I left Job 3, I was allowed to see the panel's original interview notes: they were impressed but commented "at times he seemed to think he was interviewing us" (I'd asked 2 questions about the job, as I'd heard it was good to show interest).

WTF! The intimidators were intimidated by quivering little old me... lol

• Haha 4

Just been to Whetstone inflatable afternoon - lots of bouncy castles and slides for kids. The general state of people alarms me, it’s a kids thing and people are sitting around smoking, drinking - not sure if it it’s a Lestah thing we we seem to have our more than fair share of yobbish families 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Tommy G said:

Just been to Whetstone inflatable afternoon - lots of bouncy castles and slides for kids. The general state of people alarms me, it’s a kids thing and people are sitting around smoking, drinking - not sure if it it’s a Lestah thing we we seem to have our more than fair share of yobbish families 

Were you expecting the parents to be on the bouncy castles and slides?

That would have been more alarming.

To be fair Tommy, we met 20 odd years ago, so glad to see u be a dad, let ur kids be kids and.make friends without prejudice.

The sad thing is you don't have to go far to find the yobbish types anyway in this country

26 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

To be fair Tommy, we met 20 odd years ago, so glad to see u be a dad, let ur kids be kids and.make friends without prejudice.

Did we?! 

It wasn’t the kids, just general state of the parents and their behaviour lol

40 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Did we?! 

It wasn’t the kids, just general state of the parents and their behaviour lol

Yes we did chap, at one of the footy matchs we arranged in the day.  You were a shy little puppy, stocky and blond hair and very quite.

8 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

Yes we did chap, at one of the footy matchs we arranged in the day.  You were a shy little puppy, stocky and blond hair and very quite.

Sorry I can’t remember Doc, I was probably 16!