Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

1 hour ago, RobHawk said:

Had an interesting conversation with a neighbour earlier, short story is, my kids birthday was on Saturday, they were all outside playing tag when one of them ran past a dog that jumped up and bit the child. Luckily just a bruise and a child in shock. 

I've finally spoken to the dog owner who advised she doesn't normally bite, is a rescue and had been mistreated and must have been startled because of them running up from behind. 

I'm an animal lover so been very understanding and suggested for her to send a card and box of malteasers to the child to say sorry, just as a nice gesture and more so to appease the child's parents. 

Absolutely put in on a plate for her, simple, £3 gesture, no worries.

Nope she's then gone completely on the defensive saying it wasn't her dogs fault, the child shouldn't have run past her dog (on the pavement) and it doesn't seem as if she wants to apologise to the child. 

Now I'm in shock, annoyed and think her attitude stinks. Part of me is now thinking I should report it to the police given she's clearly not the best owner. Dog bites should be reported anyway I believe, but I held off hoping we could sort it like grown ups. 

I'm in disbelief tbh. 

I think you were very understanding and fair minded, the owner has really failed to accept your appeasing advice. And, yes, I fully understand why your concerned regarding her conduct as a dog owner. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

I think you were very understanding and fair minded, the owner has really failed to accept your appeasing advice. And, yes, I fully understand why your concerned regarding her conduct as a dog owner. 

Thanks bud, I agree, completely baffled by her attitude that it's not the dogs fault because she was startled by the child running.

I've had rescues before and if they are that jumpy around kids, you muzzle them when in areas with alot of kids, like our estate it's always crawling with them

• 2 weeks later...

Shit day. Worked yesterday as usual then got a call my aunt had an unexpected turn for the worse so rushed to hospital to be with her and my cousins/uncle. Was with them all when she passed in the early hours this morning. Brings back emotions of losing my mum and once again puts things back into perspective with what is important in life.

Wishing you all happiness today and for better times.

• Sad 11

3 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

Shit day. Worked yesterday as usual then got a call my aunt had an unexpected turn for the worse so rushed to hospital to be with her and my cousins/uncle. Was with them all when she passed in the early hours this morning. Brings back emotions of losing my mum and once again puts things back into perspective with what is important in life.

Really sorry to hear that mate. 

Sending love to you and your family.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

That’s more than a bit rough chap. :(. Family can mean so much when you’re all close. Sorry to hear.

7 hours ago, tom27111 said:

Really sorry to hear that mate. 

Sending love to you and your family.

7 hours ago, MPH said:

That’s more than a bit rough chap. :(. Family can mean so much when you’re all close. Sorry to hear.

Appreciate the kind words and thoughts everyone.