Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

14 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Bless you mate, that's so sad.

My Mum is dying from pancreatic cancer and the chemo hasn't worked. We know she hasn't got long left and my Dad is struggling to come to terms with it.

I hope your family are all pulling together and supporting each other through this difficult time.

It's tough watching a parent go through this and how it impacts the other. My dad had a tough time with it as well.  Enjoy the time you have left with her. Get those hugs/chats in and take care of yourselves.

Thoughts are with you all who might be in these tough situations right now.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Bless you mate, that's so sad.

My Mum is dying from pancreatic cancer and the chemo hasn't worked. We know she hasn't got long left and my Dad is struggling to come to terms with it.

I hope your family are all pulling together and supporting each other through this difficult time.

My partner's Grandmother has it too (had around 6 months to live, after being diagnosed in July) - but she doesn't want chemotherapy, because it might give her flashbacks as to how her decreased husband struggled when he had the treatment himself.

Edited by Wymsey
  • Sad 1

37 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

My partner's Grandmother has it too (had around 6 months to live, after being diagnosed in July) - but she doesn't want chemotherapy, because it might give her flashbacks as to how her decreased husband struggled when he had the treatment himself.

My Mum's tried two different types of Chemo during the last nine months but the cancer keeps coming back. They've offered her a third go but she's declined as she had no quality of life on Chemo.

We know it's only short term now but she currently looks and feels better now she's stopped her treatment. On Chemo she was permanently exhausted, pretty much bed ridden, and hardly eating. At least now she can go out and about a little bit with the time she's got left.

I really don't blame people for declining Chemo, it must be horrible being pumped full of poison with all the side effects.

Just a case of letting nature take it's course now... 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1