Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Phoned up sky to cancel (basically trying to pull the same trick that had worked 3 times previously to save money where I ask to cancel and they offer it me half price for 3 months)...to my surprise the geezer cancelled it with minimal fuss without offering me the half price deal!

Oh no no more sports...cue another call to them 10 minutes later sheepishly asking them to cancel the cancellation request as "the missus went nuts at me when I told her I'd cancelled it"!

Excellent Day off public holiday Melbourne cup day always best day off the year. Woke up with my phone ringing at 930 am fcuked after 4 hours sleep Went to a mates at 10 30am for a bbq 1031am first of many beers in hand. Drunk heavily all day and won a bit of coin got home at 6pm in bed by 630pm (was knackered) Woke up and checked me email to find out my greyhound i part own had its first and monementul win after 27 unsuccseful attempts.

Shite just realised work again tomorrow Public holidays are such a tease

nearly lost my job. lol

meant to order £170 worth of a certain stock but some how ended up ordering £17,000 worth instead. Luckily the guy who got the order thought he would ask me if i meant to order that much. I owe him a pint.

several, infact.

nearly lost my job. lol

meant to order £170 worth of a certain stock but some how ended up ordering £17,000 worth instead. Luckily the guy who got the order thought he would ask me if i meant to order that much. I owe him a pint.

several, infact.

:laugh: £16,830 would buy him a few pints. :D

Isn't coke zero coke, sans sugar & caffine lol

Coke Zero actually has the slightest bit more caffeine than regular Coke.

Zero actually supposedly refers to the calorie value (of around 0) but in some places it refers to the sugar content instead (also 0).

Still has the goodness, though, in the form of caffeine. :)

Get up at 6:30 for Paper round which took the michael mouse. Suppliments were huge!

So that took approximately a year.

Then went for my Sunday League match against our title contenders..

24 minutes, they score while at the same time, their players shoulder dislocates. Game stopped for 50 minutes. They broke the rules by moving him to the sidelines. Game abandoned. So that was one big waste of time.

Just got home now with a 6ft pile of Maths revision to get through for tomorow's modular exam.

So i have nothing to do for the rest of the day but revision. Joy :)

Pretty cool actually, in a very laid-back kinda way. Went ice skating with a friend this morning and managed not to break anything too vital.

Have spend most of the afternoon in my ever-so-lovely local pub (which, incidentally, should be nominated as bestest pub ever!). Stayed there slightly longer than I intended to... woops! Upon arrival in the pub there was a bloke sat in 'my' seat which pissed me off a teeny bit but just as I was convincing myself it really wasn't a big deal he left - magic! :D

While I was in there I read the paper and managed to do the crossword. Spend an hour or so with a Great Dane puppy sat on my lap, then another half an hour (therefore, another drink was necessary) waiting to get some feeling back into my legs. I even managed to time my walks to and from the pub to fit inbetween heavy showers. Made the rather important 'end-of-year-ish resolution' that I need to increase my ability to drink lager/cider, so I've now got a target to reach!

Got home (only staggering slightly!) and decided it was the perfect time to try to get the pump in my pond working. Ok, so I got ever so slightly wet and muddy in the process, but it now works. I am, indeed, a Charlie Dimmock-esque genius! :unsure:

I know what I'm having for tea. And I've planned my evening's TV viewing (Top Gear, Long Way Down, MoTD).

I've bought in the books from the car that I really ought to be marking, but I've accpeted that I have absolutely no intention of doing so. I'm now nursing a rather large mug of proper coffee. :smile:

All in all, pretty splendid. I'll stop rambling now.... :blush:

Pretty cool actually, in a very laid-back kinda way. Went ice skating with a friend this morning and managed not to break anything too vital.

Have spend most of the afternoon in my ever-so-lovely local pub (which, incidentally, should be nominated as bestest pub ever!). Stayed there slightly longer than I intended to... woops! Upon arrival in the pub there was a bloke sat in 'my' seat which pissed me off a teeny bit but just as I was convincing myself it really wasn't a big deal he left - magic! :D

While I was in there I read the paper and managed to do the crossword. Spend an hour or so with a Great Dane puppy sat on my lap, then another half an hour (therefore, another drink was necessary) waiting to get some feeling back into my legs. I even managed to time my walks to and from the pub to fit inbetween heavy showers. Made the rather important 'end-of-year-ish resolution' that I need to increase my ability to drink lager/cider, so I've now got a target to reach!

Got home (only staggering slightly!) and decided it was the perfect time to try to get the pump in my pond working. Ok, so I got ever so slightly wet and muddy in the process, but it now works. I am, indeed, a Charlie Dimmock-esque genius! :unsure:

I know what I'm having for tea. And I've planned my evening's TV viewing (Top Gear, Long Way Down, MoTD).

I've bought in the books from the car that I really ought to be marking, but I've accpeted that I have absolutely no intention of doing so. I'm now nursing a rather large mug of proper coffee. :smile:

All in all, pretty splendid. I'll stop rambling now.... :blush:

Yeah you stop rambling now, woman. :P

I once went to ice skating in Smethwick (or was it Solihull) in Birmingham and I injured myself quite badly. A 6 foot 4 black clumsy character like me making a fool out of myself.

And crosswords = :yawn:

Get up at 6:30 for Paper round which took the michael mouse. Suppliments were huge!

So that took approximately a year.

Then went for my Sunday League match against our title contenders..

24 minutes, they score while at the same time, their players shoulder dislocates. Game stopped for 50 minutes. They broke the rules by moving him to the sidelines. Game abandoned. So that was one big waste of time.

Just got home now with a 6ft pile of Maths revision to get through for tomorow's modular exam.

So i have nothing to do for the rest of the day but revision. Joy :)

Not a good day then Tom :D;)

Well I did my 1st match as a referee at Syston vs. Shepshed (for full match report see the Sunday League Football Thread ;))

Good night last night, drinking with the crew.

Good morning this morning, catching up with a good friend.

A lazy afternoon well wasted, just floating around doing very little.

Brilliant, really. :cool:

Wasted in a good way, I hope? :dunno::unsure: