Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

"You're a fat bastard and there's no time to waste getting you slim," has today been amended to "will you coach me, dad?"

I was somewhat taken aback but nipper was quite serious. And he's showed his intent by practising daily through the week already! What's the target, I asked before our first session this evening? Club squash team, county honours, regional squad?

"Forget all that," he said. "I lost six sets to nil and 45 points to one against my brother Carl last weekend and next time we play I want to give him a proper game." :D :D

I've played tennis since I was 7 and have always picked up any racket or bat sport pretty quickly, but I never tried Squash. Then this year I lived with my friend who is addicted to it and jees do I love it now.

It started off as the most frustrating sport in the world. I couldn't get used to the walls and whenever it went close I would pull out of the shot. Now I just go through the wall :thumbup:

Absolutely brilliant sport, shame some places rob you blind with their prices.

I have now finished my degree - official.

I then collected my penultimate piece of coursework, and found out it was the joint highest mark in the entire year. The Boff is back. :cool:

Congratulations :appl: :appl:

I'm still getting my head round some company law concept, so frustratingly contradictive. I expect you to go celebrate.

I then collected my penultimate piece of coursework, and found out it was the joint highest mark in the entire year. The Boff is back. :cool:

Nice one Lisa :thumbup:

Good day at work as I didn't have to tell anyone anything they didn't want to hear. Go and see my Mum in hospital after work then sink a few. Even better there is nothing planned for the weekend, not even painting!

I've played tennis since I was 7 and have always picked up any racket or bat sport pretty quickly, but I never tried Squash. Then this year I lived with my friend who is addicted to it and jees do I love it now.

It started off as the most frustrating sport in the world. I couldn't get used to the walls and whenever it went close I would pull out of the shot. Now I just go through the wall :thumbup:

Absolutely brilliant sport, shame some places rob you blind with their prices.

Congratulations :appl::appl:

I'm still getting my head round some company law concept, so frustratingly contradictive. I expect you to go celebrate.

Cheers, love! My mates who took company law said they enjoyed their exam :S

BTW, are you still using the old Next Generation gym? You might be able to teach me to serve properly! :P

Nice one Lisa :thumbup:

Was never in any doubt was it? :P 'Played Lease, you must be very proud and I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say we all are too :thumbup:

Was never in any doubt was it? :P 'Played Lease, you must be very proud and I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say we all are too :thumbup:

Proud? It means Thracian ain't got a leg to stand on when it comes to immigration and refugee law!! lol

To be fair, he didn't anyway :D

If you're happy for this country to be systematically misused on the back of misguided laws and policies then I trust you'll be happy with the short and long-term consequences. But don't expect me to be.

If you're happy for this country to be systematically misused on the back of misguided laws and policies then I trust you'll be happy with the short and long-term consequences. But don't expect me to be.

Chill.

It.was.a.joke.

I trust you'll be congratulating me when I complete my (less important) Health and Social Care degree in a couple of years Thracian :whistle:

Chill.

It.was.a.joke.

I trust you'll be congratulating me when I complete my (less important) Health and Social Care degree in a couple of years Thracian :whistle:

Im considering a career change... what shall I be. Astronaut? Fireman? Policeman? 2nd top scorer for Port Vale?

You doing the degree at uni or one of these long distance thingy me bobs?

Im considering a career change... what shall I be. Astronaut? Fireman? Policeman? 2nd top scorer for Port Vale?

You doing the degree at uni or one of these long distance thingy me bobs?

I'm at Lincoln Uni. I think you'd look good as an Astronaut Babs.

I'm at Lincoln Uni. I think you'd look good as an Astronaut Babs.

So you're saying i'd look better in a full space suit where not once ounce of flash can be seen!? Charming!! ;)

What's it like being a "mature" student? I have reservations.

Edited by Babylon

Chill.

It.was.a.joke.

Of course I'll congratulate you. I always like to see hear of people achieving things. Though quite why you'd consider health and social care to be less important than legal work I fail to understand.

So you're saying i'd look better in a full space suit where not once ounce of flash can be seen!? Charming!! ;)

It's fine, they are more of us than you think.

Of course I'll congratulate you. I always like to see hear of people achieving things. Though quite why you'd consider health and social care to be less important than legal work I fail to understand.

I don't, some do - and thanks, I shall look forward to it.

Absolutely fecking shit... made even worse by loads of "women" on here crying over some youth team player, who will most probably go on to achieve the square root of feck all.

Sport is all about levels and a phrase I often used as a coach was that, "there's one world champion and everyone else is second."

And based on that you could belittle every single City player just as easily as Louis Dodds.

Sport is all about levels and a phrase I often used as a coach was that, "there's one world champion and everyone else is second."

And based on that you could belittle every single City player just as easily as Louis Dodds.

No, I only belittle people who are made out to be something they aren't and never will be.

Brilliantly done Lise. I'm delighted for you. Indeed I've never doubted your ability as a student. :thumbup:

My arguments on here have helped a lot.

It's brilliant!! As long as you don't go round with the attitude "you're a young 'un, I'm older and better" you'll be fine. They might not even suspect!!

excellent news! i was under the impression i'd come 15th (out of 15) in must of the races at school, now i find i was actually 2nd! best result ever for me!

played leece. now what are your mates rates?