Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

You should try delivering seven bulging bags of mail (one bag worth of it to flats!) on a day like today! :sweating: :sweating: :sweating:

That is unlucky.

Lets start a new thread...''Who has the most difficult working conditions in temeratures over 25C''

Name:

Justification of why you have the worst Job:

Not bad, 1st day back at work in 3 months, Knackered now though, 6.30am - 5.15pm...And the want me in at 6 tomorrow :o

Best make the most of it as it's only temporary though.

Gonna have a well earned beer and watch the England U21's game now.

Got back from a two week holiday in Florida it was great apart from the turbulance on the plane.

Back in England though, depressed, and going to college on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.

Very tired.

Gutted with a 2:1?! :huh:

You're too hard on yourself Lisa.

To be honest, I'm a perfectionist. I got a 2:1 on 1 piece on coursework in my 1st year, and I was fooking kicking myself for weeks, even though first year counts for nothing.

To be honest, I'm a perfectionist. I got a 2:1 on 1 piece on coursework in my 1st year, and I was fooking kicking myself for weeks, even though first year counts for nothing.

I'm only gutted when I drop into the 2:2 band, that really worries me and makes me question myself.

A 2:1 would get me onto a Masters course, and that's good enough for me. (Even if I did get a First in one of my modules, and only 1% off it in another)

I'm only gutted when I drop into the 2:2 band, that really worries me and makes me question myself.

A 2:1 would get me onto a Masters course, and that's good enough for me. (Even if I did get a First in one of my modules, and only 1% off it in another)

Each to their own. Don't get me wrong, I'm not slagging off 2:1's because like you say, it gets you onto a masters course.

I'll be pleased if I graduate with a 2:1.

Gutted with a 2:1?! :huh:

You're too hard on yourself Lisa.

Maybe I am too hard, but when you get so close to a first, only to miss out, it is a bit gutting.

I know that feeling too well. :(

1st day back at work after a glorious 8 days on a Greek Island so pretty damn depressing! :(

Nice to come back to decent weather though now I need to arrange some site visits and get out of the damn office lol

Lisa...... Congrats on the 2:1 even though your disappointed I think its a brilliant acheivement still and good luck for your future career. :thumbsup:

Maybe I am too hard, but when you get so close to a first, only to miss out, it is a bit gutting.

I know that feeling all to well, missed out by 0.7% for mine, it grinds at you for weeks afterwards, then it dowgrades to annoyance

Lisa...... Congrats on the 2:1 even though your disappointed I think its a brilliant acheivement still and good luck for your future career. :thumbsup:

Cheers lou :)

I know that feeling all to well, missed out by 0.7% for mine, it grinds at you for weeks afterwards, then it dowgrades to annoyance

I wasn't that close, and it's probably for the best as I am already mentally black and blue from the severe beating I have given myself. Did you have the urge to go through all of your coursework and try and find the areas that you could have improved on and got those extra marks? I want to.

I wasn't that close, and it's probably for the best as I am already mentally black and blue from the severe beating I have given myself. Did you have the urge to go through all of your coursework and try and find the areas that you could have improved on and got those extra marks? I want to.

I went through every piece from 3rd year and i had a couple of the exams remarked that they thought i might have been able to squeeze the extra marks from. It ate at me for weeks, but in the end i realised there was no way in hell i deserved to get a 1st so i'm content with a 2:1 now. Might be worth remarking an exam or two, you have to go with the lower grade if it gets changed down but i doubt it'd affect your overall mark if it did. If you can afford to remark them there's no harm in trying really

EDIT - Plus if you can do what you want with a 2:1 i wouldnt be to worried about doing it, i only did mine becuase it was so close, if i was a few more marks out i wouldnt have bothered, 2:1 is still a good effort, congrats

Edited by welck12

Cheers lou :)

Well done, 2:1 is a great result. Yeah you could have wroked more and got a 1st, but uni is about more than just study.

I went through every piece from 3rd year and i had a couple of the exams remarked that they thought i might have been able to squeeze the extra marks from. It ate at me for weeks, but in the end i realised there was no way in hell i deserved to get a 1st so i'm content with a 2:1 now. Might be worth remarking an exam or two, you have to go with the lower grade if it gets changed down but i doubt it'd affect your overall mark if it did. If you can afford to remark them there's no harm in trying really

EDIT - Plus if you can do what you want with a 2:1 i wouldnt be to worried about doing it, i only did mine becuase it was so close, if i was a few more marks out i wouldnt have bothered, 2:1 is still a good effort, congrats

Thanks! A 1st would give me an advantage, but the 2:1 is fine. To be honest it was an outside chance, but I felt really good after my exams, and deep down I thought I had pulled it off. I didn't. Plus, there is the whole personal pride thing; I really wanted to give it my best shot, and come out with something to be really proud of. Like I say, I'll get over it :)

Well done, 2:1 is a great result. Yeah you could have wroked more and got a 1st, but uni is about more than just study.

Thanks! It has been hard, as for most of the degree I was studying part time and working full time. I was told that most part timers who get firsts end up having no life, and I guess if I wasn't prepared to give up four years, I've got what I deserve!!