Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Got woken up at 7.30 with the delivery of my new phone. Annoyance in that I had to get up at that hour and I can't get back to sleep. On the plus side though, I can play around on my new phone all day!

Knackered, First day back at the temp job. Did 15 minutes shy of 10 hours, Started at 5.30am :o

Good though, that's nearly 100 quid in the bank on day 1 :D

Nice early 1pm finish tomorrow though.

What temp work you doing? Must be pretty good for £10 an hour!

Getting up at 7.00 for work is killing me at the minute, so tired throughout the day but I can't fall asleep any earlier than I normally do but thankfully it's my last day of the week tomorrow. Sick of coaching kids football for this week. Was a brilliant day today just got have the kids in the Sports Hall at Judgemeadow because of the awful weather so done the old school King of the Ring and World Cup.

Hopefully the same for tomorrow.

Try 5.25. <_<

You know it's too early when it's not even Chris Moyles' Yorkshire brogue blaring out of your alarm that's risen you from your slumber.

Try 5.25. <_<

You know it's too early when it's not even Chris Moyles' Yorkshire brogue blaring out of your alarm that's risen you from your slumber.

Travelling to Evington every morning with that tosser in my ears sent me into work in a bad mood, Leicester Sound was just as bad.

What temp work you doing? Must be pretty good for £10 an hour!

Shopfitting/Carpentry/Joinery.

I'm there temporary but effectively I suppose you could call it sub-contracting to them, It's not temp work via an agency if that's what you were thinking.

Edited by Matt

Shopfitting/Carpentry/Joinery.

I'm there temporary but effectively I suppose you could call it sub-contracting to them, It's not temp work via an agency if that's what you were thinking.

Na, just wondered what you were doing thats all because it seemed pretty good pay. Sounds like tough hours though!

Na, just wondered what you were doing thats all because it seemed pretty good pay. Sounds like tough hours though!

At this temp place my standard hours are 8am - 5.15pm (And a nice 8am - 1pm on Fridays), but obviously the reason i'm there and there temporary are because they are busy so overtime is quite easy to come by, so I just went in at 5.30am this morning, Rather do the OT in the morning that at night.

When you are temp/sub-contract in the trade you tend to get good rates of pay because it is obviously temporary/and with sub-contracting you could get told on the spot that you're finished, so the good pay is the bonus/safety net.

10 quid an hour is very good, but you could get alot more, I knew someone who was sub-contracting for 18 quid and hour, and they company employed him sub-contacting him for about 8 months I think.

on the plus side I have a long weekend off work and not back now until Tuesday!!! woo hoo!!

On the down side... it's a trip to the dentist this afternoon for some pain and discomfort at a stupidly extortionate rate

Last night was poor. Bars were good, Varsity was quality but Life had a 'mare.

Liquid will show 'em hows it done tonight no doubt, then for the big one this Sunday

Chilling with two sausage baguettes and a cup of tea & I am not shifting out of bed all day. :D