Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Work, Was ok, Last day of the week tomorrow :thumbup: Loonnng Weekend :thumbsup:

Tell ya what getting really fooked off with the Pole at work though - He's worked here for 3 years, He's worked in America for 10 years previous, and he can't speak a word of English, Put it this way I can speak more Polish than he can speak English (Granted only swear words, but still...), The Slovakian on the other hand speaks brilliant English, Fair play to him.

Yeah, it's not like all those kids working in bars in Med at the moment haven't bothered to learn the lingo. :rolleyes:

Yeah, it's not like all those kids working in bars in Med at the moment haven't bothered to learn the lingo. :rolleyes:

Fair point, but he's worked here for 3 years, America (An English speaking country) for 10 years previous to that, Bar work in Med tends to be temp/summer work for the kids, don't get me wrong learning a new language is hard, I don't envy him, but 13 years and he doesn't speak pretty much a word of English is pretty poor to say the least.

Fair point, but he's worked here for 3 years, America (An English speaking country) for 10 years previous to that, Bar work in Med tends to be temp/summer work for the kids, don't get me wrong learning a new language is hard, I don't envy him, but 13 years and he doesn't speak pretty much a word of English is pretty poor to say the least.

I would guess that after 13 years he knows more than he is letting on.

Mine was average, stuck inside all day with not much to do but oh well. Get my GCSE results tomorrow, only result i'm dreading getting back is maths cos that one I have no idea if i've done well or good at least with the others coursework has given me a good idea :P

Mine was average, stuck inside all day with not much to do but oh well. Get my GCSE results tomorrow, only result i'm dreading getting back is maths cos that one I have no idea if i've done well or good at least with the others coursework has given me a good idea :P

Good luck :)!

I would guess that after 13 years he knows more than he is letting on.

This. That is the whole "he's fooking me off" point, he doesn't understand a work or comunicate with any of us lads he works with, yet as soon as we do something wrong he goes off to the foreman and 'tells tales', or when the foreman is explaining something to him (And the foreman is less informative than any of us, believe me) he soon does it or understand.

Boring.

And my lack of any kind of luck in finding an apprenticeship in any trade is annoying the fuck out of me.

Good lad for looking into apprenticeships mate :thumbup: what are you looking at or is it just anything within the trades?

Getting on the course was easy for me, finding the job was hard when I was doing my apprenticeship, was frustrating to say the least, just have to keep trying, the amount of company's I phoned and knock backs I got was unbelievable (Very similar to the current situation of people not taking on) - And the amount of men who work for themselves but can't afford a lad to train as much as they would like one to help them - The government don't help either the blokes on the own or the apprentices though. I eventually got a job via contacts at college.

Good luck anyway.

Getting on the course was easy for me, finding the job was hard when I was doing my apprenticeship, was frustrating to say the least, just have to keep trying, the amount of company's I phoned and knock backs I got was unbelievable (Very similar to the current situation of people not taking on) - And the amount of men who work for themselves but can't afford a lad to train as much as they would like one to help them - The government don't help either the blokes on the own or the apprentices though. I eventually got a job via contacts at college.

Good luck anyway.

Got my level 1 plumbing qualification but would prefer a carpentry job if I'm honest mate, looked on the national apprenticeships website and put my name down on there, got a letter from them asking me to go to some assessments... not sure what good thats gonna be but Im just gonna keep looking and hoping.

Got my level 1 plumbing qualification but would prefer a carpentry job if I'm honest mate, looked on the national apprenticeships website and put my name down on there, got a letter from them asking me to go to some assessments... not sure what good thats gonna be but Im just gonna keep looking and hoping.

Hmmm, Carpentry/Joinery is one of the most popular I believe, I got both qualification (You choose which you want to do Carpentry or Joinery - I did Joinery, but when it come to the tests my tutor put me in for Site Carpentry, I passed so have both qualification :thumbup:).

It was weird how it went for me, While I was at school I had to go for an interview at college and that was pretty much it I was in, so I was in on the course before I even left school.

If you're local college is anything like my local college no doubt it is fully booked up but have you looked at the night courses for Carpentry/Joinery? Also you can do a Diploma in Carpentry/Joinery at my local college which is day or night I think, The Diploma isn't as good as a NVQ but it might be an option?

Start my CAD Course soon :D

Went for a kick around and a spectacular volley but caught the ball all wrong and now the part of my leg that joins my shin to my foot (I'm not a doctor) is killing.

The ankle?

I call that the front of the ankle. Or Ethel, depending on my mood.

Had a look. It's the talus. Whatever that is.

You look different to what I expected.

The abuse I get for having no cock and balls is beyond belief.

Ive imagined you naked everytime I've seen you Nihat.

Not what I had in mind.

lol

:wub:

Just got a phone call from the dentist saying that I can have an appointment. Been on the waiting list for joining for two months. I'm a little worried though, I haven't been to the dentist for 5 years and my teeth are an absolute state.

Try not going for well over 10 years!