Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Depressing........... having had a wonderful week in Sunny Spain its crap to be home! :(

Then get told work are relocating us all to Cov within 12 months..... 1500 people in the new depot and only 300 parking spaces. :angry:

Time to get the job paper I think :)

Just got a phone call from the dentist saying that I can have an appointment. Been on the waiting list for joining for two months. I'm a little worried though, I haven't been to the dentist for 5 years and my teeth are an absolute state.

Try not going for well over 10 years!

been there done that ended up costing me over £500!!!!

My mate did that, all he needed was a proper clean, haha. I've been £3.95 a month out of my paycheck for dental cover so I can get some stuff reimbursed. Hopefully it shouldn't be about £500!!!

Try not going for well over 10 years!

been there done that ended up costing me over £500!!!!

My mate did that, all he needed was a proper clean, haha. I've been £3.95 a month out of my paycheck for dental cover so I can get some stuff reimbursed. Hopefully it shouldn't be about £500!!!

I went in 2007 (I think) for the first time since about 1996. Had 1.5 fillings and a clean, massively relieved. Apparently mine were stained from curries. I do like curry.

How much does a filling cost? I can get £20-26 reimbursed (depending on the type)

Can't remember exactly. All I know is that they tore my trousers down and raped me silly. We're talking three figures. Dentists, in my experience, are filthily expensive.

Can't remember exactly. All I know is that they tore my trousers down and raped me silly. We're talking three figures. Dentists, in my experience, are filthily expensive.

I went the other week and the dentist goes well we will have to replace that tiny filling at the back it's only a small one so make an appointment and we will sort that out for you!!

took less than fifteen minutes to do and cost £80.00!! bargain...

How much does a filling cost? I can get £20-26 reimbursed (depending on the type)

If its an NHS dentist they only have 3 set charges.... the lowest is £17.50 (presumably just for a check up and scale/polish the 2nd highest was about 40 quid I think and the highest was £190 for crowns etc. Im assuming a filling would come under the £40 quid charge? I could be wrong but thats what my dentist told me a few weeks back.

EDIT just found this from April 2008 it may have changed a bit but it gives you the gist...

Band 1 course of treatment – £16.20

This covers an examination, diagnosis (e.g. x-rays), advice on how to prevent future problems, and a scale and polish if needed.

Band 2 course of treatment – £44.60

This covers everything listed in Band 1 above, plus any further treatment such as fillings, root canal work or if your dentist needs to take out one or more of your teeth.

Band 3 course of treatment – £198.00

This covers everything listed in Bands 1 and 2 above, plus crowns, dentures or bridges.

Urgent treatment – £16.20

If you require urgent care, but your urgent treatment needs more than one appointment to complete, you will only need to pay one charge of £16.20.

These are the only dental charges your NHS dentist can apply.

Edited by lou

I went the other week and the dentist goes well we will have to replace that tiny filling at the back it's only a small one so make an appointment and we will sort that out for you!!

took less than fifteen minutes to do and cost £80.00!! bargain...

If its an NHS dentist they only have 3 set charges.... the lowest is £17.50 (presumably just for a check up and scale/polish the 2nd highest was about 40 quid I think and the highest was £190 for crowns etc. Im assuming a filling would come under the £40 quid charge? I could be wrong but thats what my dentist told me a few weeks back.

EDIT just found this from April 2008 it may have changed a bit but it gives you the gist...

Band 1 course of treatment – £16.20

This covers an examination, diagnosis (e.g. x-rays), advice on how to prevent future problems, and a scale and polish if needed.

Band 2 course of treatment – £44.60

This covers everything listed in Band 1 above, plus any further treatment such as fillings, root canal work or if your dentist needs to take out one or more of your teeth.

Band 3 course of treatment – £198.00

This covers everything listed in Bands 1 and 2 above, plus crowns, dentures or bridges.

Urgent treatment – £16.20

If you require urgent care, but your urgent treatment needs more than one appointment to complete, you will only need to pay one charge of £16.20.

These are the only dental charges your NHS dentist can apply.

Cheers guys! This could be expensive. Thank the Lord Pay Day is two days after my appointment

Boring

Was on my way to seeing someone, then she text me 'Dont come today' so I decided to go around the Natural History Museum and Imperial War Museum for the 15th million time.

Saw a Leicester fan in Leicester Square though, quite strange that

Boring

Was on my way to seeing someone, then she text me 'Dont come today' so I decided to go around the Natural History Museum and Imperial War Museum for the 15th million time.

Saw a Leicester fan in Leicester Square though, quite strange that

Is she having a fumble around with someone else? :P

Is she having a fumble around with someone else? :P

I dont care if she is

Saw her yesterday for the first time, and my first thought when I saw her was 'OMG not as hot as I thought, oh god, what have I done'...she's a bit round to put it lightly

I dont care if she is

Saw her yesterday for the first time, and my first thought when I saw her was 'OMG not as hot as I thought, oh god, what have I done'...she's a bit round to put it lightly

Rookie mistake lol

Any doubt and you get the hell out of there!

Edited by Budweiser