Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Secured a position on an S A P project at work that will take me away from my day job for at least 6 months... I'll be hob-nobbing with high level people and driving round the country doing presentations all the time. Long hours but hopefully a good career move and getting my name in all the right places! Excited but very nervous at the same time.

Went to bed at ten last night totally knackered only to be woken up by 8 police cars, an armed response unit and a riot van outside my bedroom window, shot out of bed thinking they must have at least found Osama Bin Laden camping out behind my dustbin, only to discover a couple of 16 year olds had got pissed and been scrapping outside. :rolleyes:

Now Im at work :(

Yesterday was great, to a point. I managed to get "merry" in the heart of London, without putting my hand in my pocket, which cannot be bad. My Inn had a welcome evening, then the students society had a welcome party in a nearby pub on Fleet Street. I met some great people yesterday, who made me feel like I have made the right decision. I would love to introduce one to Thracian..... :whistle:

The day was tempered somewhat by some bad news. Today was not good, unrelated to the bad news.

Yesterday was great, to a point. I managed to get "merry" in the heart of London, without putting my hand in my pocket, which cannot be bad. My Inn had a welcome evening, then the students society had a welcome party in a nearby pub on Fleet Street. I met some great people yesterday, who made me feel like I have made the right decision. I would love to introduce one to Thracian..... :whistle:

The day was tempered somewhat by some bad news. Today was not good, unrelated to the bad news.

The only member of the Inns of Court that I can call a friend is Geoffrey Vos QC. :D. Wonderful man.

<a href="http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/busi...icle3680740.ece" target="_blank">http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/busi...icle3680740.ece</a>

Edited by Thracian

The only member of the Inns of Court that I can call a friend is Geoffrey Vos QC. http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/busi...icle3680740.ece

I'm not talking about people you know, otherwise I wouldn't introduce you ;)

I was speaking to an eminent judge, and I was reminded of your 'rants' over sentencing, and failure of the judiciary. He has been publicly criticised, and his reasons for passing the sentences that he did were the same ones I have used in defence of judges. I didn't mention names, but I told him of my valiant attempts; he was very impressed :)

I'm not talking about people you know, otherwise I wouldn't introduce you ;)

I was speaking to an eminent judge, and I was reminded of your 'rants' over sentencing, and failure of the judiciary. He has been publicly criticised, and his reasons for passing the sentences that he did were the same ones I have used in defence of judges. I didn't mention names, but I told him of my valiant attempts; he was very impressed :)

He would be impressed. Aren't members of your professional expected to show loyalty to each other outside the Inns in much the same way as football professionals close ranks, and members of other professionals, when under attack from the outside?

Besides, I have long sympathised about the parameters that judges are obliged to observe when sentencing and have stated on here that I'd like them to be wider. But given chance I would also question the logic of their thinking in many cases.

Truth is though that, while the government preaches about tough on crime and while all sorts of expensive inquiries will be made and new directives issued when things go wrong, the fact is the Government is the main problem where law and punishment is concerned in that it either doesn't have the will or the power to deal properly with criminals and make punishment effective.

Edited by Thracian

He would be impressed. Aren't members of your professional expected to show loyalty to each other outside the Inns in much the same way as football professionals, and members of other professionals, close ranks?

lol

Sorry, but I had to.

Well, this week was pretty poor to be honest.

However, I'm on the up now. The weekend was great, pleased with Leicester's point in particular.

College tomorow, Wednesday and Thursday and then back to work on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Get paid on Friday as well! :scarf:

No football though because of the international :angry: But I am sure that Derby will be well worth the wait.

Last night was fu cking ridiculous.

Not too sure about 2am onwards other than it involved many football songs especially Maxi Gradel one, but woke up at C-Mans gaff at half 10 and still made the midday lecture.

Been sleeping since getting in, nailed 2 pizzas and currently wish I had fifa 10 or an N64.

Edited by Tommeh

Mostly hungover

After having what was supposed to be a quick drink with my housemates last night around 9pm, we subsequently ended up nailing 1 bottle of JD and 1 bottle of Jameson's plus several beers, and then proceeded to dance round the living room like lunatics until about 4am.

Nice quiet night in like

Woke up at half 8. Nearly late for lecture so skipped breakfast. Bad idea.

Got back, breakfast was good :D.

Just had a fire alarm. Proper one as well. Usually it's only a 'practice' one every week, but we've already had that so some twat probably left there oven on like last time.

Ah well, pool competition later. should be fun :)

Back in the uni swing of things.

Sash was immense last night. He even tried to get the crowd singing Seven Nation Army. Proper German.

Not a fan of the new intake of freshers though. They all seem to be aggro cunts who just want to start rucks for no reason and strut around like they own the place.

Zane Lowe tonight, let the good times roll!

I was ok, feeling great today untill I finished college and I went to unlock my bike to go home and my bike had gone :o

Yep, 3 people had brung some fcuk off plier things and cut off my bike lock. But, and luckily for me, someone doing motor, which is the rooms above the bike shed, shouted and scared the 3 lads off and then security held my bike.

Couldn't believe it, what people do just to steal things :@

Not bad, Work then College.

I tell you what though, you can tell i'm going to college and learning around penpushers/people who work behind computers all day, There are people in my course asking what a flat-head screw is or a M4 Bolt/Nut/Screw, a) Why are these people even on the course and b) Surely the flat-head screw atleast is common sense?

This is why I will have an upperhand and much better knowledge of the people who design and draw things up at work than alot of people doing that type of job at the moment who are apparently so clever, except they don't know how to make the things making it harder for us to actually make because of they way they designed it.

Edited by Matt