Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

My day has been remotely productive. When I say productive I mean we've just taped up my flat mate's door from the outside so he'll walk into a sea of brown tape tomorrow. Even though he blatantly knew what we were doing. Ah well.

P.s. Sorry to hear about your Grandma Jamie, hope you're dealing with it alright mate.

Edited by Joe.

Found out I either have to drop the chance to earn an extra 5 points to my overall score for my degree or drop playing tennis for the Uni team which I love doing... not a choice I want to make as either way, I'm letting someone down. :(

My grandma lost her battle with pneumonia and passed away at 1pm this afternoon, the 2nd big loss in our family in the last 3 weeks. Seriously want this year to end now.

:( Sorry to read this. Don't really know what to say to you, chum.

My grandma lost her battle with pneumonia and passed away at 1pm this afternoon, the 2nd big loss in our family in the last 3 weeks. Seriously want this year to end now.

Many condolances for your loss. :( Last year was horrendous for me and my family. It will get better, I hope your run of bad luck stops soon

Horrified to hear that Jamie, hope your coping well mate. Biggest sympathy.

Woke up this morning with half an hour to make a seminar, a broken iPhone and Wayne brown andy king and Carl Cort written on my arm in flurescent highlighter. Sign of a good night.

Off to Lincoln uni for the weekend to see a mate tomorrow which should be a serious hoot.

Sorry to hear that Jamie. Hope you and your family are all OK.

Justapplied for some Psychology Research Participation studies at Uni.

Should be beneficial for ourselves, and of course the students in 3rd and 4th years who are conducting the research, so everyone's a winner :D.

Edited by FoxForever

Justapplied for some Psychology Research Participation studies at Uni.

Should be beneficial for ourselves, and of course the students in 3rd and 4th years who are conducting the research, so everyone's a winner :D.

Classic source of Fresher income. lol

Classic source of Fresher income. lol

We don't get paid for it :). We get credits which go towards final marks.

By beneficial I mean that it helps us see how research is conducted professionally in the real world. In a few years time I'll be looking for freshers for my research so it gives us a feel of what to expect while we are here :)

We don't get paid for it :). We get credits which go towards final marks.

By beneficial I mean that it helps us see how research is conducted professionally in the real world. In a few years time I'll be looking for freshers for my research so it gives us a feel of what to expect while we are here :)

Ah OK.

I used to do them for the cash. Dead easy work.

Ah OK.

I used to do them for the cash. Dead easy work.

Yeah. Were they for Uni or more widespread research??

In ours we get the option to listen to the debrief and then have a choice 2 options:

1. Detailed briefing with a 'walkthrough'
  2. Actually do the study and take part fully

Option 1 is for those who feel uncomfortable after hearing what they might have to do. But you still get the benefits of learning what goes on in a study.

Yeah. Were they for Uni or more widespread research??

In ours we get the option to listen to the debrief and then have a choice 2 options:

1. Detailed briefing with a 'walkthrough'
  2. Actually do the study and take part fully

Option 1 is for those who feel uncomfortable after hearing what they might have to do. But you still get the benefits of learning what goes on in a study.

Erm, mostly postgraduate student projects. Doubt I was all that helpful to them. I just took the money and ran.