Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Dull as ditchwater so geeked out a bit and read a bit of D.H. Lawrence and George Orwell.

Nineteen Eighty-Four is a brilliant book though.

Mrs Bilo in lectures all day with nothing for me.

She'll probably take me round the shops tomorrow seeing as it's a football-free Saturday.

Glad to see that you made the right choice libertine ;)

Ive had a mad long day.

Work 12 till 3

Gym 3 till 5

Work 6 till Midnight..

Im in bits, just had a beer, feeling better already :P

work 12-3 and you'tre in nits?

are you having a fooking laugh>?<>"!>!

did a 11 and a half houyr dya the other dauy completely on my feet sweating. fook off moaning about 12-3 hour day,

My grandma lost her battle with pneumonia and passed away at 1pm this afternoon, the 2nd big loss in our family in the last 3 weeks. Seriously want this year to end now.

Sorry to hear that, I know what you mean because we had two major losses in our family last year, as well as Leicester's relegation and the year 2008 was a bit tough to take in. We just wanted the year to end, and thats why we went to London to celebrate the new year because 2008 had been that poor.

Anyway, yesterday was great. Got paid at work :scarf:

Back there tonight, but today I have nothing much to do, and theres the international football :@

Sorry to hear that, I know what you mean because we had two major losses in our family last year, as well as Leicester's relegation and the year 2008 was a bit tough to take in. We just wanted the year to end, and thats why we went to London to celebrate the new year because 2008 had been that poor.

Anyway, yesterday was great. Got paid at work :scarf:

Back there tonight, but today I have nothing much to do, and theres the international football :@

I might try getting that done to me on Monday!

Extrordinary. Sometimes I even shock myself.

I've just bought a collection of over 200 Tatty Teddies or Me To You Bears. I've never sold one in my life, never knowingly noticed one, know (or knew) sweet damn all about them and my missus just doubled up laughing when I brought them home.

For one who started my "market" life selling huge mirror-backed sideboards, 8-12-seater wind-out tables, lead statues and terracotta garden urns the big advantage with this lot was - they're light.

I tried hard to walk away from the deal in truth. But then I thought of an experience I had some years ago when a then famous potter friend called Lorna Bailey and her father Lionel ran a special collectors fair and, being a keen dealer in LB limited editions, took a stand.

As my wife and I set up with our best stock the rest of the stands started being occupied too, all except one just beside us. The fair was almost ready to open but still there was no signs of an occupant and we began to think of spreading our own stand out to include the extra one.

Then, at the last minute, along came what I described as the Swiss Family Robinson - mum, dad, three kids all carrying suitcases as if they were off on holiday.

They unzipped the cases and extracted a group of nondescript and raggedy characters and immediately thought they must have sold the stand as a charity stall. But then, very rapidly the queues started to form. Long queues. Not to see my stock but to see what was being set out alonngside me.

Lovingly the characters were laid out in lines. And given labels with descriptions. Quickly I realised these items I'd have innocently consigned to a trash can were US or Canadian beanie babies - most of them specials for some reason or another.

I was sure, with the queues, that the family might sell out and take a few hundred pounds. Imagine my astonishment when, come the end of the fair the family were carrying their money out in several completely stuffed carrier bags, a staggering £55,000 for the day I later learned.

There wasn't one of their bears sold for much less than £250 as I could see and you'd never believe how many you could get on a 12-foot stand - with another similar in an adjacent hall. It gave me a deep respect for bears. Even modern ones. :D

Edited by Thracian

Quite a nice day albeit alone. Sometimes I just like getting away from it all and doing the stuff I like regardless of how far away it is. Bit of a testing week at work, now appears rising attentions in the home and no-one wanted to know me this Saturday. So off I went to act all moody around some Northern outpost of a town.

Worked my socks off at work.

Did everything that can be done when working at a major supermarket I think.

- Cleaned the bins.

- Served customers on the till.

- Putt leftovers back on the shelf.

- Replenished the chocolate shelves.

- Replaced the cans of pop.

- Took baskets and trolleys out.

- Looked for customers at the end of the shift, when the shop closed.

- Brought all the electrical items forward on the shelf.

- Mopped up spilt milk, which also went all over my trousers.

Anything else, jeez! Near enough everything.

Edited by Fox92