Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Got on the bus this morning and sat down and there was a smelly discharge coming from somewhere. It was awful my face was squinted because something smelt that bad, thought it was me at first. Then later on the journey, the old bloke 2 rows in front of me ripped one out like a whoopee cushion there and then, talk about no shame. Then an awful silence, I couldn't barely hold in the laughter. You could hear a pin drop. My shoulders were shaking like an earthquake, everyone was dead silent after this bloke tried to kill us with his deadly gases. fooking glad when the bus arrived.

Made. My. Day.

Finished my temporary job today, Quite sad and know I should be working, but on the other hand i've done the hours (Almost 12 hour days for 4/5 months) and am looking forward to time off/starting my Christmas holidays already! :giggle:

Gonna phone a few of my contacts I made when I was out of work last time see if they have any work.

Thing is i'm in a funny situation because its 4 weeks (So lets say 3.5 working weeks) till Christmas, so 1) I can't see anyone taking on now anyway - No-one was taking on in what should have been and is usually the 'peak' of the year - The summer, so can't see people taking on now, certainly in my trade - People don't want shops re-fitting in the run up to Christmas and people don't really want you in their houses this close, and 2) This is obviously if I find somewhere willing to take people on but is it worth going for 2 or 3 weeks? Obviously if anyone took me on, I'd take it though, and then I have a third option that the company I have been working for might call me back in a week or 2's time because apparently they do actually have loads of work but it is all pending and TBC but if it all goes through there might be an option of going back to work for them.

On the other hand in reality i'll be out of work for 6 weeks at best - 3.5 weeks till Christmas, Then no-one will be working because of the Christmas break 2 weeks = 6 weeks.

Dunno, we'll see what happens.

But for now, It's provisionally the start of my Christmas holiday :beer:

Edited by Matt

Stayed on Fifa till 6, got up at half 2. Read 3 chapters of a book on women in sport (funny thought I know lol) contemplated sainsburys till I found a colossal chocolate cake mother sent in the my bag last weekend.....The student life.

X-Box has just been turned on, feeling another huge one till a 9am meet in spoons tomorrow morning for Scunny.

Edited by Tommeh

Official court visit today, quite interesting. Was told how solicitor advocates are killing the adversarial process, and then saw some good examples in point.

Yesterday was great. Although there are some areas for improvement (understandable as it was my first time), my cross examination was "impressive". Then went bowling, and came back with my first ever score over 100 and bruised knees!!

Woke up hungover as is the norm on Fridays. Went cricket training, came back, went to bed. Did nothing else of note.

House party tonight! Feel like a 16 year old again. disco.gif

Makes a nice change from the commercial cheese/pop infested nights I usually end up stumbling to on Fridays...

Edited by A Fox in Essex