Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Yesterday went to Tesco to get the mother's Xmas present - a Bailey's mug with bottle of Baileys and chocolate.

So went to checkout to pay. Woman asks for ID. Fair enough. So she checks it, asks how old I am. I say I'm 18, 19 next Friday. Then she asks one of her colleagues what age you can sell alcohol. At this moment in time I'm pretty sure it's 18. She then comes back and says 'sorry, I can't sell this to you. You need to be 25'.

I kick up a little fuss and question as to why I can't buy it. She then muttered something about off-licence laws etc...by then I couldn't be bothered and gave up.

My plan - go to the other Tesco about 5 minutes away, find the same item. Did that, went to checkout, and didn;t even get ID'd for it :D

lol it really is a joke in supermarkets now.

Did you get the link in the end neil or do still need it?

Yesterday went to Tesco to get the mother's Xmas present - a Bailey's mug with bottle of Baileys and chocolate.

So went to checkout to pay. Woman asks for ID. Fair enough. So she checks it, asks how old I am. I say I'm 18, 19 next Friday. Then she asks one of her colleagues what age you can sell alcohol. At this moment in time I'm pretty sure it's 18. She then comes back and says 'sorry, I can't sell this to you. You need to be 25'.

I kick up a little fuss and question as to why I can't buy it. She then muttered something about off-licence laws etc...by then I couldn't be bothered and gave up.

My plan - go to the other Tesco about 5 minutes away, find the same item. Did that, went to checkout, and didn;t even get ID'd for it :D

It is 18 to buy alcohol but you have to look 25+

It's stupid because if you are 18 but don't look 25 why does that matter?

It is 18 to buy alcohol but you have to look 25+

It's stupid because if you are 18 but don't look 25 why does that matter?

You don't have to look 25+ to buy alcohol. lol

If, in the judgement of the person serving you, you look under 25 then they are meant to ask you for ID.

You don't have to look 25+ to buy alcohol. lol

If, in the judgement of the person serving you, you look under 25 then they are meant to ask you for ID.

If I was ever in this situation, I'd ask them if I looked 18 or over. If they say no, they're more than likely being a busybodied fucktard. If they say yes, why do they need my I.D?

Beeeeeen drinking incee like 11am so I'm pretttttyyyy fucked righttt noww1!! Anyone that5 wished me a happpy birfdeee, I loove you all totally, you're aLL heroes... Expceptt Kewvin. You're a **** an sdd I still harte you you bastard. Mwahhhhhhhhh. xxxxxx

Beeeeeen drinking incee like 11am so I'm pretttttyyyy fucked righttt noww1!! Anyone that5 wished me a happpy birfdeee, I loove you all totally, you're aLL heroes... Expceptt Kewvin. You're a **** an sdd I still harte you you bastard. Mwahhhhhhhhh. xxxxxx

:laugh:

Beeeeeen drinking incee like 11am so I'm pretttttyyyy fooked righttt noww1!! Anyone that5 wished me a happpy birfdeee, I loove you all totally, you're aLL heroes... Expceptt Kewvin. You're a **** an sdd I still harte you you bastard. Mwahhhhhhhhh. xxxxxx

You have a social life. Congratulations.

My day was fine until the possibility of tomorrow being abandoned became real.

Now I'm just trying to get pissed enough not to care...

I wouldnt worry too much Im sure itll be fine... they wont want it abandoned anymore than we do, were having a bit of a blip (barring playing the worst side Ive seen this season) and have a few injuries... they must fancy their chances?

Im sure theyll be a good piss up somewhere if it does :thumbup:

I had a pretty good day, had a fantastic interview with Ian Stringer, gave me about 50 minutes of material to use, and a thoroughly nice man to boot.

Though I did have to spend £23 on my sisters Xmas present, a 30ml bottle of Versace Bright Crystal... jesus wept man amazing rip off

Why didnt I have a brother like you?! Thats really nice!

Cant remember mine ever buying me anything lol