Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Can't complain. Slept the remaining hangover of New Year's Eve off overnight and then saw a decent win for City. Pretty much packed and ready to go back to uni tomorrow, ready for the four and a half hour journey back to Eastbourne. Shitty Sunday train service...

Pretty shit really. A sinussy-cold / fever I've had over the last few days resulted in a sudden onset ear infection. Was in so much pain overnight I was virtually climbing the walls. Anyway, both eardrums have now ruptured. Everything sounds really weird, like I'm underwater. :(:cry:

Not too bad at all actually. Spent Thursday and Friday night with the girlfriend, went into an un-named South Lincolnshire town to do some shopping (it was shit), went back to hers and then drove back home. Have done literally nothing of note since Thursday afternoon, brilliant.

• Lie-in
  • Breakfast at 12
  • Took my lad and his mate to the park with the dog
  • Bought a recharging unit for the Wii and the 360
  • Got Assassins Creed II
  • Played like a daemon on Guitar Hero
  • Wrote some more App code
  • Prepped supper for the wife
  • Solved the girl's installation issues and got her design tablet up and running
  • Rode the bike around town before coating it in an anti-corrosive agent
  • Sorted the lad's room
  • Started clearing the front room
  • ...and listened to most of the match

I've now got to wade through the remainder of the Xmas beer and wine.

It was a good day. :)

I can't wait for the day that I will be able to this much stuff before evening.

• Lie-in
  • Breakfast at 12
  • Took my lad and his mate to the park with the dog
  • Bought a recharging unit for the Wii and the 360
  • Got Assassins Creed II
  • Played like a daemon on Guitar Hero
  • Wrote some more App code
  • Prepped supper for the wife
  • Solved the girl's installation issues and got her design tablet up and running
  • Rode the bike around town before coating it in an anti-corrosive agent
  • Sorted the lad's room
  • Started clearing the front room
  • ...and listened to most of the match

I've now got to wade through the remainder of the Xmas beer and wine.

It was a good day. :)

Impressive

Not done that much in 6 months let alone 1 day !!

First real chance to post this... don't really want to start a thread and bring more attention to the inability of some female drivers but needs to be said anyhow.

Driving up to Sheffield on NYE, going round Park Square roundabout (near Sheffield train station) in the outside (correct) lane I see a car in my right wingmirror indicating left wanting to get accross to take the current exit despite me being in her way. Bizarrely, instead of realizing her mistake, going round the roundabout and taking the turn correctly, she tries to manoeuvre her shit lilac Corsa through my car in order to get off the roundabout.

Pulled over as soon as I could, got out ready to give a volley or two of carefully worded abuse when a very large man got out the passenger seat. Luckily he turned out to be quite sound and he pretty much accepted it was his slag's fault despite her trying to accuse me of going too fast :unsure:

Anyway, quite unbelievably there was literally not a scratch on either car and insurance details weren't necessary. Amazing considering someone hit my parked car at 10mph last year and caused £400 worth of damage! :D

Despite all this, a mint new year continued today at the Walkers :)

Edited by C-man

I have 2 weeks to kill here before uni starts again, how the fu ck to kill it with everyone else back already and others returning to work?

Date on friday at Cinema/Nandos is literally my only thing planned.

I'll probably be around if you fancy some FIFA/NBA/Madden chat at some point next week.

First real chance to post this... don't really want to start a thread and bring more attention to the inability of some female drivers but needs to be said anyhow.

Driving up to Sheffield on NYE, going round Park Square roundabout (near Sheffield train station) in the outside (correct) lane I see a car in my right wingmirror indicating left wanting to get accross to take the current exit despite me being in her way. Bizarrely, instead of realizing her mistake, going round the roundabout and taking the turn correctly, she tries to manoeuvre her shit lilac Corsa through my car in order to get off the roundabout.

Pulled over as soon as I could, got out ready to give a volley or two of carefully worded abuse when a very large man got out the passenger seat. Luckily he turned out to be quite sound and he pretty much accepted it was his slag's fault despite her trying to accuse me of going too fast :unsure:

Anyway, quite unbelievably there was literally not a scratch on either car and insurance details weren't necessary. Amazing considering someone hit my parked car at 10mph last year and caused £400 worth of damage! :D

Despite all this, a mint new year continued today at the Walkers :)

I cant get over peoples inability to deal with roundabouts! The times Ive been nearly cleaned up by idiots in the left hand lane who are actually turning right.

i had to borrow a coppers phone today to ring green flag.

My fookin knacker was fixed this morning , to the tune of £160.

i finally take it out to get the kids saturday night mac d`s, stop at the lights at fosse park.....neutral..........fook all, no clutch , nothing.

the kids are in the back moaning like fook, its freezing and pissing down.

i finally get towed home , cold wet and very very pissed off....but then i turned on ssn and found out that we came from a goal behind and won 2-1.

and the weird thing is , everything was good again... :scarf: