Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Guest Mee-9
Basically, it's a Cob, and if you say anything else, then you're a dirty retard :thumbsup: ;)

One of my mates calls Cobs Baps.

Once he said to this woman, "Two of your biggest sausage baps please love" She nearly gave him a slap ;)

One of my mates calls Cobs Baps.

Once he said to this woman, "Two of your biggest sausage baps please love" She nearly gave him a slap ;)

My friend from North Yorkshire calls them 'breadcakes' and has the nerve to call me weird for saying they're cobs. >_<

It is also well known that a bap and a roll are soft versions of a cob. A cob is crusty like an old laydee.

Edited by Ian C

I have to write an 8000 word assignment as part of a course I've been roped into doing. Any of you stooodent types able to enlighten me as to what 8000 words actually looks like, eg approx number of pages?

Joy. :rolleyes:

I have to write an 8000 word assignment as part of a course I've been roped into doing. Any of you stooodent types able to enlighten me as to what 8000 words actually looks like, eg approx number of pages?

My 3,000 worders are usually anything between 5-7 pages if that's any help.

Well my Media teachers 100,000 word PhD is 437 pages, and my 2000 word essay was around 7 pages. So i'm guessing it'll look around 25-35 pages. Make sure it's doble spaced and at least size 12 font though, and it's properly (harvard :@) referenced. Else you'll get banged up in Guantanamo!

And I bet you don't have to use the joys of turnit-fooking-in!

Enjoy it, writing essays is wonderful :unsure:

Well my Media teachers 100,000 word PhD is 437 pages, and my 2000 word essay was around 7 pages. So i'm guessing it'll look around 25-35 pages. Make sure it's doble spaced and at least size 12 font though, and it's properly (harvard :@) referenced. Else you'll get banged up in Guantanamo!

Mine are usually neither of them. lol

I love my liberal department. :wub:

I don't love my nazi department

On my essay back She told me to make the font a bit bigger, and oh my the spaz they have if you don't do double spacing, they make such a big deal of it!

And I tell you, I have seen some people more stressed over the referencing than the essay itself. If you don't cite IN the essay, that's a fail, if you don't put the references at the end, it's a fail. You also get marked down for not referencing correctly, and from now on, us 2nd yearers must make sure the references at the end of the essay are in alphabetical order too, by surname

It takes twice as long to reference as it oes to bleeding write the bugger! >_<

For the record, they are definitely cobs. Calling them rolls or baps ( :giggle: ) is tolerable but breadcakes is completely unacceptable. As for Blackpool residents, they call them barmcakes. FUCKING BARMCAKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually that's annoyed me. Rolls and baps are wrong, cobs are right. TRUTH ON CHIPS.

Better lay off the Jack Daniels I reckon.

I love Turnitin, wonderful bit of kit. As for referencing, oh joy! Harvard is a bitch, much prefer the footnotes system in English.

I love Turnitin, wonderful bit of kit. As for referencing, oh joy! Harvard is a bitch, much prefer the footnotes system in English.

When you get in the minset of Harvard, it's easy. But It took me ages earlier this year to get to grips with it, having not used it for 6 mumfs.

I also don't appreciate being asked over and over again to help reference people's essays, when I use the handouts to work it out for myself, and am then expected to work wonders for others. Still, being the class nerd does have its disadvantages <_<

When you get in the minset of Harvard, it's easy. But It took me ages earlier this year to get to grips with it, having not used it for 6 mumfs.

I also don't appreciate being asked over and over again to help reference people's essays, when I use the handouts to work it out for myself, and am then expected to work wonders for others. Still, being the class nerd does have its disadvantages <_<

How do I do it again?

:whistle:

I did a 4000 word essay for Philosophy in A-Level and that came up to 8 pages.

So for me yours would be about 16 pages roughly.

And referencing is easy! Well, easy when your uni/department give you a Handbook and step-by-step guide to Harvard referencing lol

Surname, Initial, (year of publication) chapter title, book title (in italics), publisher, place of publication

:P:thumbup:

S'all from memory that is as well

I knew that really. :P Can't actually see why folks get in such a muddle with Harvard. :dunno:

Does ANYONE do double spacing? :cry:

Yes, I do. :cool: