Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Sitting at the traffic lights this morning on Scotswood Road (toon town) when a bloke in his late forties rode past me on his push bike with a City shirt on.

I was so stunned I couldn't speak! :P

Edited by NorthernFox

Sitting at the traffic lights this morning on Scotswood Road (toon town) when a bloke in his late forties rode past me on his push bike with a City shirt on.

I was so stunned I couldn't speak! :P

I was heading for Thurmaston and I took a wrong turn. :unsure:

Mine was Incredible.

Went out for a game of snooker, my brother who is a tight arse with money bought GTAIV, the Laptop fixed the Wi-fi problem by itself and I also deleted Vista and put XP back on which is a bonus. Also, My rank is 435 on FIFA08.

I want to make friends with a gorilla.

It was a beautiful moment, one that I have never shared with a human being. I think I have found my new vocation. It also means I can wee and poo wherever I want, whenever I want.

It was a beautiful moment, one that I have never shared with a human being. I think I have found my new vocation. It also means I can wee and poo wherever I want, whenever I want.

Flinging excrement may well come in handy next season

Interesting:

=======

I've mentioned my youngest tried to wreck a second car within a month on Sunday basically buckling his two driver's side wheels. Today was assessment and damage limitation day.

Sight of the car made you wince at first. But, while the front wheel wasn't so bad the rear looked more bowed than Davie Gibson's legs and was tucked under the chasis at about 35/40 degrees to the perpendicular.

The supporting bar was buckled dramatically and no amount of whacking, even with a sledge hammer, was going to even start to straighjten it in situ.

It had to come off and so seized or bent were the various wheelnuts, plus securing nuts and bolts that had to be removed that we purchased a £100 toolkit to sort the job.

Eventually though we removed the whole unit, handbrake cable and all and are now waiting replacement parts before reassembling the thing.

Hopefully, we should effect a full repair for under £250 including the toolkit which, considering the relay home would have been £104, shouldn't end up so bad.

After that it was off to an altogether understated auction in Nuneaton which promised to be four hours wasted but actually ended up with the purchase of an item I'd never seen before and certainly never expected to own - a First War ships morse code signaller, basically a large brass and copper-cased torch with press-down morse code button on top.

Quite why it should have turned up at a pub sale in the middle of the country I don't know but it was wonderfully made, though simplicity itself, and in perfectly good order.

How the organisers managed to run quite such a lively sale in such sleepy, off-the-beaten track, CIU-type watering hole I don't know but they did and they must have lured an audience of a 100-odd to a place that I doubt would attract a dozen tipplers on a normal night.

There were some bargains too. Large, boxed, six-place cutlery set in mint condition for £4, large ornate stoneware garden fountain for £15, pristine Aga-type cast iron stove for £25 items in themselves that I'd have collectively rated at £150-£180 plus, which shows what I know!.

And I go and buy an out-moded and therefore essentially useless relic of a conflict which most living people wouldn't even remember. No wonder business life's a struggle! :D

My orchestra arrived.

I'm going to play on my drums while my wife plays with my organ.

She gonna get her bongos out? :whistle:

My day was awful. Four hours overtime in the rain... in Fleckney. Muzzy didn't invite me in for a cuppa - though in fairness I wasn't delivering to his house (plus I doubt he's in the habit of inviting the postie in to comiserate.)

Looking forward to the weekend!

Amen to that!!

Worked an hour and a half over time... didnt really get a lunch break... and then got caught up in this bloody bomb scare at the haymarket!! Apart from that it was blinding!

I will be so glad when this week is over. You know it's going badly when the Coke machine gives you diet instead of full fat sugary goodness.

It's not that I don't like chocolate, it's just that I prefer Jelly Babies.

Ahhhh so you wanted a jelly baby kinda willy? it makes sense!

------------------------

As for my day? ummmm boring really, sums up my whole week, busy and boring!