Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Nearly ruined when i chucked the contents of my pocket into the fire without thinking that i had £20 in there. Got it out as quick as possible and it's a little burnt. You can still see the code on it and only a corner of it is burnt so it should be ok if i exchange it at the bank?

Edited by Watson

Played awesome at tennis this morning, then just checked some dates of a Uni open day i'm going to at University of Central Lancashire in Preston, which conveniently clashes with Leicester's last away game of the season at Preston, which could be a crucial one, or a meaningless one. Either way i'm there.

Sweet.

:yesyes:

Edited by maddog

Ermmm a bit weird actually. My Dad just turned up clutching an envelope containing some info hes just received in the post from a Charity that was in charge of the Childrens home he was in the care of when he was a baby (long story) basically weve never known who his parents were or anything - none of his side of the family at all. He tried to track them down when he was 15 but was told all records were destroyed in the war (blatent lie apparently)

He wrote off to this charity a few months ago just to see and got back a load of info about his Mother, Father (sadly only his first name and occupation) and Grandparents etc and he apparently had 6 Aunts and an Uncle who is barely older than he is.

Addresses were listed and just had a look at the address he was born at (the family home) and its still there, seen a photo on Streetview which for some strange reason made us both cry. Its all a bit surreal but we now have lots of names and addresses and ages and can start tracing his family back and maybe find some surviving relatives.

Its all been such a massive family mystery for so long (my Dads in his 70's) its such a strange feeling knowing just a little bit about his background - theres lots of stuff in there explaining why she gave him up and that no one knew he existed barring his Grandparents.

Anyway the long shot of it is, having thought he was East End born we now know he was born in Ilford which makes me half Essex girl ( not happy about that!!)

Also my Dad has very olivy coloured skin so we always had a bit of a family joke about his Dad being some rich Arab which appears not to be the case unless there was any rich Arabs called Frederick lol

Going to go to the Central Records office as soon as we can and find out more. Exciting times

Sorry to bore you all, just a big thing for me and mine!

Edited by lou

Ermmm a bit weird actually. My Dad just turned up clutching an envelope containing some info hes just received in the post from a Charity that was in charge of the Childrens home he was in the care of when he was a baby (long story) basically weve never known who his parents were or anything - none of his side of the family at all. He tried to track them down when he was 15 but was told all records were destroyed in the war (blatent lie apparently)

He wrote off to this charity a few months ago just to see and got back a load of info about his Mother, Father (sadly only his first name and occupation) and Grandparents etc and he apparently had 6 Aunts and an Uncle who is barely older than he is.

Addresses were listed and just had a look at the address he was born at (the family home) and its still there, seen a photo on Streetview which for some strange reason made us both cry. Its all a bit surreal but we now have lots of names and addresses and ages and can start tracing his family back and maybe find some surviving relatives.

Its all been such a massive family mystery for so long (my Dads in his 70's) its such a strange feeling knowing just a little bit about his background - theres lots of stuff in there explaining why she gave him up and that no one knew he existed barring his Grandparents.

Anyway the long shot of it is, having thought he was East End born we now know he was born in Ilford which makes me half Essex girl ( not happy about that!!)

Also my Dad has very olivy coloured skin so we always had a bit of a family joke about his Dad being some rich Arab which appears not to be the case unless there was any rich Arabs called Frederick lol

Going to go to the Central Records office as soon as we can and find out more. Exciting times

Sorry to bore you all, just a big thing for me and mine!

Didn't bore me at all!

Glad that it shows how persistence pays off, and especially for not giving up either :). Hope all goes well in future ventures for you and your dad!