Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

I spent a morning surrounded by overly competitive parents as our Infants did their "Sports Day". No wonder people become right wankers when they have this going on at them right from the cradle.

In my world I'd put every small child into care and sterilise all the adults - and you don't get to have a kid or get yours back until you pass an exam in how to not be a cnut of a parent.

Sports Days are officially shit. Never before will you have witnessed such unsporting behaviour as that demonstrated by the parents of the little darlings. There's always the parent of one poor, sodding child who insists that their sack was smaller, their egg was more rounded or that the cone was further back at the end of their lane. We ever had a parent go storming down to the 'officials' at our latest school sports day claiming that the race was 'rigged' and that she 'had video evidence to prove it' - this was in the sack race... her child was 6.

I despair.

Sports Days are officially shit. Never before will you have witnessed such unsporting behaviour as that demonstrated by the parents of the little darlings. There's always the parent of one poor, sodding child who insists that their sack was smaller, their egg was more rounded or that the cone was further back at the end of their lane. We ever had a parent go storming down to the 'officials' at our latest school sports day claiming that the race was 'rigged' and that she 'had video evidence to prove it' - this was in the sack race... her child was 6.

I despair.

That is absolutely ridiculous. :D

I've had to talk to Ella's teacher today about alleged bullying. Ella is 5 and is being told by a fellow 5 year old that she's stupid and she hates her. Nice. I'm on the edge today I really am.

It's kids tbh...our lad (8) had two boys going on at him at the beginning of the year that he was "a poof" and "a big gay", and that he had to go kiss a boy or he'd have to come to school in a dress. I was all for going around to the parents and sorting it out mano a mano.

Two weeks after the last occurrence and he's asking for one of them to come for a sleepover because they're now best mates.

Kids go from sworn enemies to bezzie mates quicker than Mandaric can hire and fire a manager..

Edited by Daggers

I spent a morning surrounded by overly competitive parents as our Infants did their "Sports Day". No wonder people become right wankers when they have this going on at them right from the cradle.

In my world I'd put every small child into care and sterilise all the adults - and you don't get to have a kid or get yours back until you pass an exam in how to not be a cnut of a parent.

I've never been a big fan of Sports Days ever since I did the Long Jump at Primary School and landed in a load of cat shit. Came 2nd though, just smelt like i'd done myself a mischief.

It's kids tbh...our lad (8) had two boys going on at him at the beginning of the year that he was "a poof" and "a big gay", and that he had to go kiss a boy or he'd have to come to school in a dress. I was all for going around to the parents and sorting it out mano a mano.

Two weeks after the last occurrence and he's asking for one of them to come for a sleepover because they're now best mates.

Kids go from sworn enemies to bezzie mates quicker than Mandaric can hire and fire a manager..

I dread the day my kids get bullied etc, kids can be really nasty sometimes!!!!

Oh yes, I realise that it's just that when it happens to your own all the shit you experienced at school comes flooding back and it's NOT going to happen to her. Ella and this girl were bezzie mates but she's a bossy little cow who scares people into liking her, and this time it's Ella's turn to cop it. Not happy Dags, not happy at all.

This morning, I found a Portuguese Man of War on the beach. I didn't know this at the time, I called Carl back to tell him about the pretty colours. This is after standing on a sand dollar on Friday. I am a disaster waiting to happen. lol

Volunteer to assist on school trips - then you get to bully the bully! :P

I've done that actually, had to drive some of them to Lincoln not so long ago. Her mum (who I get on really well with) always goes with her on trips so no chance there. I'm sure they will be friends again at some point, although do you really want to be friends with someone like that?

I've done that actually, had to drive some of them to Lincoln not so long ago. Her mum (who I get on really well with) always goes with her on trips so no chance there. I'm sure they will be friends again at some point, although do you really want to be friends with someone like that?

Have a small party with all of her friends from school and don't invite the bully :cool:

Crap crap crap.

Last night some itinerent put a stone through my rear windscreen. Glass everywhere, but they didn't nick anything.

Not covered on my insurance for it (3rd party fire and theft - which used to, but not anymore apparently :( ) and all the places I've rang charging £500+ to replace it ("cos it's heated window, ain't it guv") I bought the car for £600 2 years ago... so it's getting scrapped.

By the time I was finished phoning insurance and the police (who naturally, weren't really bothered - and they should be cos it happened within 50 yards of a police station! :angry: ) and taping plastic bags over the windscreen to keep the rain, etc out - it was 1 am - and I couldn't sleep anyhow, was too wound up - and I had to be up at 5.30 am for work. Not to mention that I need my car for work, keep mail bags in them whilst out on delivery - so I rang in at 5.30 and told them I couldn't come in, swapped tomorrows day off with today. Unfortunately, tomorrow is the day all the car ads go in the Mockery - but I'll be working. Not that I can afford anything more than a few hundred quid anyway.

Tonight I'll have to park my car in the same area (I help my wife with her cleaning job in Blaby, Northfields Surgery), which is a worry. The night before when we came out of work (usually finish about 11-11.30 pm) there were some kids in the carpark lobbing stones. They scarpered when we came out. Have to be 99% sure it was them, little sods.

At the moment I am moodswinging between :cry: and :@