Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Went work, took half a day. Got my Cov tickets (hopefully we can make a good day of it) although seats aren't great :( Got 2 new pairs of jeans from town, happy with that.

Went sleep in afternoon for an 1 or so, checked out car audio security ( sorting a sub amp package for my car)

Now going cinema to see ermm actually im not sure what its called lol

Recorded some Crimewatch solved and Waterloo Road on Tv, keep me busy at the weekend. Also looking forward to This is England 86 and The Inbetweeners. Not a bad day.

Bad day. Got up hoping to get tickets for a gig (£75), backed out as they went on sale cause i'm skint and need to save for my teacher training which starts next week...

...get a call at 5pm from my uni saying The (F**king) Tories have stopped funding my course with immidiate effect, and that it's no longer running. With 6 days till I start, and after 3 years of working towards it.

Sorry, but if you voted Conservative you should be ashamed of yourselves. People thought Labour messed this country up...not even close :dunno:

jeezzus. How long did your course have left to run?

I started next Wednesday. Was a year long course. Had it lined up for the last 10 months nearly. Left my job for it :rolleyes:

Feel for you mate. Is there no way (financial side of things) that you can take a loan out? Is there places available else where?

I really feel sorry for you :(

Feel for you mate. Is there no way (financial side of things) that you can take a loan out? Is there places available else where?

I really feel sorry for you :(

cheers bud, the college is arranging another similar course, so it's not all bad. but it's obviously not what i'd intended to do. unfortunately there's no other option, except wait another year to choose another course which i'm not gonna do as i've already waited to do this for 3 years!

cheers bud, the college is arranging another similar course, so it's not all bad. but it's obviously not what i'd intended to do. unfortunately there's no other option, except wait another year to choose another course which i'm not gonna do as i've already waited to do this for 3 years!

Does this other course get you the qualifications you wanted? Hope it does mate.

Bad day. Got up hoping to get tickets for a gig (£75), backed out as they went on sale cause i'm skint and need to save for my teacher training which starts next week...

...get a call at 5pm from my uni saying The (F**king) Tories have stopped funding my course with immidiate effect, and that it's no longer running. With 6 days till I start, and after 3 years of working towards it.

Sorry, but if you voted Conservative you should be ashamed of yourselves. People thought Labour messed this country up...not even close :dunno:

Feel for you about the course - I'd be fuming. Was it a PGCE? Which college? And what is the course they've arranged instead? PM me if you'd rather... I might be able to give some advice. :dunno:

Does this other course get you the qualifications you wanted? Hope it does mate.

Feel for you about the course - I'd be fuming. Was it a PGCE? Which college? And what is the course they've arranged instead? PM me if you'd rather... I might be able to give some advice. :dunno:

cheers guys, i really mean that. Yeah it was a PGCE, the college are hastily setting up another, different one for start next week (!). It was the Creative and Media Diploma but the Government have cut all funding. So a Media PGCE is being drawn up. OK for me (although it's still quite different in many regards and still a shock to the system) as I did it at A-Level. Some people on the course will have come from art/textiles/dance backgrounds so i guess it's even worse for them...either way, i'm not doing the course i've been wanting too for the last few years!

Again, cheers for your kind words folks :thumbup:

Edited by sdb

cheers guys, i really mean that. Yeah it was a PGCE, the college are hastily setting up another, different one for start next week (!). It was the Creative and Media Diploma but the Government have cut all funding. So a Media PGCE is being drawn up. OK for me (although it's still quite different in many regards and still a shock to the system) as I did it at A-Level. Some people on the course will have come from art/textiles/dance backgrounds so i guess it's even worse for them...either way, i'm not doing the course i've been wanting too for the last few years!

Glad they have put one on for you guys. Sorry if i sound cheeky, but are you aspiring to be a media teacher? Hope it all works out :thumbup:

Glad they have put one on for you guys. Sorry if i sound cheeky, but are you aspiring to be a media teacher? Hope it all works out :thumbup:

well I was aspiring to teach the Creative and Media Diploma to 14-19 year olds but that's not gonna happen!! So yeah, a media teacher I guess, maybe with some SEN work. Fingers crossed

I can understand your frustration - especially when you've been geared up to do that for so long. But, playing devil's advocate, the Media PGCE - whilst broader and I'm sure you'll find some of it seems irrelevant - may offer you more options when it comes to getting your first job. I sometimes think these things, in a weird sort of way, are meant to be. Have some faith, commit to still giving the new course your best shot, sleep on it and hopefully you'll feel more positive about things tomorrow. :smile:

have they cut it for that course in paticular or have they cut the funding for your college and the college cut that course as a result?

Might be worthwile getting in touch with ucas or someone similar and see if they can sort something out for you to do the course you'd originally planned. :dunno:

I can understand your frustration - especially when you've been geared up to do that for so long. But, playing devil's advocate, the Media PGCE - whilst broader and I'm sure you'll find some of it seems irrelevant - may offer you more options when it comes to getting your first job. I sometimes think these things, in a weird sort of way, are meant to be. Have some faith, commit to still giving the new course your best shot, sleep on it and hopefully you'll feel more positive about things tomorrow. :smile:

thanks pal i hope you're right. i'm just a bit shell shocked having spent so long preparing for this, especially over the last couple of weeks with pre-course tasks and what not. 6 days before i start just seems crazy. but cheers for your optimism, and yes it could end up being a blessing in disguise. thanks again :)

have they cut it for that course in paticular or have they cut the funding for your college and the college cut that course as a result?

Might be worthwile getting in touch with ucas or someone similar and see if they can sort something out for you to do the course you'd originally planned. :dunno:

I can't exactly remember now mate. I was told but was so stunned a lot of the call i got didn't go in. I think it was this particular course at this particular uni/college, but not sure.

Gorra puppy today

What you got?

Its not been as bad as I thought it would be since mine died, been quite nice if i'm honest in the nicest way to him, but i'm ready for a new one, gonna start looking in October/November hoping there will be one born for the new year. (Going Australia at Christmas so when he died we said we can't have another till after Australia because a pup wouldn't even be 6 months old and we'd be leaving it and it's not fair on it)

Can't wait think as we've agreed on another Labrador but I wouldn't mind a Boxer, Staffy, Rottweiler (They are not rough 'meathead' dogs! I grew up with one and it was soft as shit...It's how you treat them and bring them up what determines if they are nasty or not on a whole!) or Great Dane so big variety of choice! lol

I just want a dog :(

Still expect my old one to come charging at me when I open the front door, 7 months on.

In other news I went to work, and finally bought myself an iPhone so been playing with that all afternoon.

Edited by Matt

Quiet day - watched TV, went down to watch the cricket with a mate for an hour or so, played PGA Tour 11 for a while and now browsing the internet far too late at night for my own good. Typical.

You think your up far too late for your own good ^_^ Is the FT time wrong because i posted this at 2:43 :/

Edited by jcn25