Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Crap crap crap.

Last night some itinerent put a stone through my rear windscreen. Glass everywhere, but they didn't nick anything.

Not covered on my insurance for it (3rd party fire and theft - which used to, but not anymore apparently :( ) and all the places I've rang charging £500+ to replace it ("cos it's heated window, ain't it guv") I bought the car for £600 2 years ago... so it's getting scrapped.

By the time I was finished phoning insurance and the police (who naturally, weren't really bothered - and they should be cos it happened within 50 yards of a police station! :angry: ) and taping plastic bags over the windscreen to keep the rain, etc out - it was 1 am - and I couldn't sleep anyhow, was too wound up - and I had to be up at 5.30 am for work. Not to mention that I need my car for work, keep mail bags in them whilst out on delivery - so I rang in at 5.30 and told them I couldn't come in, swapped tomorrows day off with today. Unfortunately, tomorrow is the day all the car ads go in the Mockery - but I'll be working. Not that I can afford anything more than a few hundred quid anyway.

Tonight I'll have to park my car in the same area (I help my wife with her cleaning job in Blaby, Northfields Surgery), which is a worry. The night before when we came out of work (usually finish about 11-11.30 pm) there were some kids in the carpark lobbing stones. They scarpered when we came out. Have to be 99% sure it was them, little sods.

At the moment I am moodswinging between :cry: and :@

That's lousy mate. That's one well hell of an annoying day. Internet hugs all round.

Crap crap crap.

Last night some itinerent put a stone through my rear windscreen. Glass everywhere, but they didn't nick anything.

Not covered on my insurance for it (3rd party fire and theft - which used to, but not anymore apparently :( ) and all the places I've rang charging £500+ to replace it ("cos it's heated window, ain't it guv") I bought the car for £600 2 years ago... so it's getting scrapped.

By the time I was finished phoning insurance and the police (who naturally, weren't really bothered - and they should be cos it happened within 50 yards of a police station! :angry: ) and taping plastic bags over the windscreen to keep the rain, etc out - it was 1 am - and I couldn't sleep anyhow, was too wound up - and I had to be up at 5.30 am for work. Not to mention that I need my car for work, keep mail bags in them whilst out on delivery - so I rang in at 5.30 and told them I couldn't come in, swapped tomorrows day off with today. Unfortunately, tomorrow is the day all the car ads go in the Mockery - but I'll be working. Not that I can afford anything more than a few hundred quid anyway.

Tonight I'll have to park my car in the same area (I help my wife with her cleaning job in Blaby, Northfields Surgery), which is a worry. The night before when we came out of work (usually finish about 11-11.30 pm) there were some kids in the carpark lobbing stones. They scarpered when we came out. Have to be 99% sure it was them, little sods.

I hope they rott in hell!!! :angry:

This may sound obvious, you could try ringing aound scrap yards\internet etc for the screen and get a garage or repairer to fit it!!!!

My day has been shit. My labyrinthitis is query back again :( not happy.

Oh, not so good for you either.

I should issue a "don't panic" statement before this next sentence, so DON'T PANIC!

My wife contracted Labyrinthitis as a baby and it wasn't diagnosed early enough. Left her profoundly (ie, completely) deaf.

Only cos she had it as a baby though and it was untreated. I'm not scaremongering, just sharing your pain (I think)

Internet hugs returned. Hope it clears up soon!

Sorry to hear about that Trav- similar thing happened to our car about a year ago in the Queens Medical car park. There's some right shits out there <_<

Today I got up early to make sure I'd be up for the courier to bring my new phone (which still isn't here <_< ). So basically I've done sod all today...

EDIT: Just arrived, woohoo!

Edited by Joe.

I hope they rott in hell!!! :angry:

This may sound obvious, you could try ringing aound scrap yards\internet etc for the screen and get a garage or repairer to fit it!!!!

Yeah, I've considered that, but the car is on it's last legs anyway, done 140k miles, leaking oil from somewhere, one headlight not working, interior heater doesn't work (I changed the thermostat a while back, but it made no difference) so with all that I might as well scrap it - local breakers will take £120 for it and I have 4 months tax left which I can get back £60 on, so that's £180. With what it would cost me to get a scrap window and fit it (plus picking bits of glass out of everywhere!) I might as well invest that money and a little more for a car with a working heater.

If anyone knows of anything going cheap (and no bird jokes please :rolleyes: ) it would be most appreciated! :thumbup:

An absolute world of shit.

Split up with gf, every bit as messy and horrible as I expected it to be. Now overwhelmed by guilt.

And now I've told the internet

Is she looking for a new boyfriend??????

Only kiddin, break ups can be hard, why did you break up by the way if you don't mind me asking????

Is she looking for a new boyfriend??????

Only kiddin, break ups can be hard, why did you break up by the way if you don't mind me asking????

Don't worry chap, I need a laugh

It was because after nearly two years my heart still wasn't really in it, and I needed to do something before she makes even more sacrifices for me than she has already.

She wasn't expecting it, which wasn't good

It was because after nearly two years my heart still wasn't really in it, and I needed to do something before she makes even more sacrifices for me than she has already.

Ouch, not easy for either of you. Horrible situation to be in but I have to say I think you've done the right thing. Dragging it on longer if it honestly wasn't what you wanted only would have made it worse in the long run. Chin up.

Ouch, not easy for either of you. Horrible situation to be in but I have to say I think you've done the right thing. Dragging it on longer if it honestly wasn't what you wanted only would have made it worse in the long run. Chin up.

Thank you, I think you're right.

At the moment I feel like I've done something dreadful...hopefully this will pass

You did the right thing, your not quite the Bellend we all thought you were, your actually are quite sensible, which personally I am disapointed in!!

I've never had a amicable break up in my life, so i'm not the best person to ask, plus my mrs would never leave me, cus I would kill her, in a very brutal way if she did!!!

I hope that helps, good luck and keep busy!!!!!

PS - Try not to have sex with her, it will just bring alot of emotions back!!! :doh:

Edited by The Singh

Oh, not so good for you either.

I should issue a "don't panic" statement before this next sentence, so DON'T PANIC!

My wife contracted Labyrinthitis as a baby and it wasn't diagnosed early enough. Left her profoundly (ie, completely) deaf.

Only cos she had it as a baby though and it was untreated. I'm not scaremongering, just sharing your pain (I think)

Internet hugs returned. Hope it clears up soon!

Ah bless you thanks, I had it a year or so ago - dizzy spells and all sorts and then it went so I'm not so worried about going deaf (sorry it made your wife go profoundly deaf though) unfortunately the dizzy spells are back so it's off to the docs tomorrow to try and see what's going on. Had two dizzy spells in Peterborough today which wasn't fun :(

An absolute world of shit.

Split up with gf, every bit as messy and horrible as I expected it to be. Now overwhelmed by guilt.

And now I've told the internet

Break ups are shit aren't they :( you did the right thing for both of you though (she may see that in the end) it will get easier, I promise.

Internet hugs all round today :(

You did the right thing, your not quite the Bellend we all thought you were, your actually are quite sensible, which personally I am disapointed in!!

I've never had a amicable break up in my life, so i'm not the best person to ask, plus my mrs would never leave me, cus I would kill her, in a very brutal way if she did!!!

I hope that helps, good luck and keep busy!!!!!

PS - Try not to have sex with her, it will just bring alot of emotions back!!! :doh:

NO NO NO NO NO!! Major Error to do that!

Is it too soon to ask if anyone else can? :unsure: (Sorry Bellend, it was sitting on the 6yard box and needed tapping in)

C'mere everyone who's not having a good day... Group_Hug_Emoticon.gif

Edited by Daggers

Crap crap crap.

It's that George pub. Grr.

Now I'm worried, as that is my doctors surgery. :(

Hope you sort the window out. :(

Oh no. :(

I stiill can taste the ocean now. I was so pissed off. Especially when Carl pointed out where my bikini was. :ph34r:

In all seriousness though, the sea can be bloody nasty. I was lucky I could stand, otherwise it could have been much much worse.

I stiill can taste the ocean now. I was so pissed off. Especially when Carl pointed out where my bikini was. :ph34r:

In all seriousness though, the sea can be bloody nasty. I was lucky I could stand, otherwise it could have been much much worse.

Bloody hell Lease, take care please - we want you back in one piece!

Well, my worse fears were confirmed. Just come back from the doctors and I have got Labyrinthitis again :( bugger! Not supposed to drive for a bit either which is crap considering where I live. It's really bad today as I've started feeling sick with it, got up this morning and the room was spinning so fast - horrible feeling.

Still, at least I'm alive.