Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Started terribly as I slept in, parked in the town and was out in an hour but had to pay for a full day because i lost my ticket. Got home tried to get some lunch into the wee man only for him to mush it into his clothes and hair (it was banana :sick: even the smell of banana makes me nauseous).

Finally submitted the application form for the job I'm doing at the moment and now sitting in work doing shitty admin stuff.

Started terribly as I slept in, parked in the town and was out in an hour but had to pay for a full day because i lost my ticket. Got home tried to get some lunch into the wee man only for him to mush it into his clothes and hair (it was banana :sick: even the smell of banana makes me nauseous).

Finally submitted the application form for the job I'm doing at the moment and now sitting in work doing shitty admin stuff.

Actually laughed when i read this lol.

I can just imagine this lol

Bastard of a day, work was complete shite and just got back from visiting number 2 daughter in hospital who had a severe asthma attack this morning whilst at her "mothers". Blue lip job. :( Being kept in but thankfully on the mend. :thumbup:

Such sadness. :( Hope your daughter recovers soon.

I want more!!! got a wristband that allows students to have wkd for a quid :)

If you're only just starting then you've got a minimum of three years more of it chief. Wouldn't sweat too much that you're going to be come a studious nerd like me by this time next month.

Had some blokes hanging around the DMU campus handing out free prawn crackers today. Delightful stuff.

Had a shite day. Alarm didnt go off, got in the shower, slipped over and face planted the floor. Got to the bus stop and the bus driver went straight past me (cnut). Turned up 40 minutes late for my first lesson, teacher had a fit at me. Got so much abuse off inbred Norwich fans, biggest thing that pisses me off are people who you have never talked too or havent talked too in years come up to you and start saying, 'How did leicester get on?' Fook off ya inbred tart.

• Like 1

Got offered a 19K job if I want it, with East Midlands Trains.

Not sure if I do. At my age, it's a lot of money, but I'm planning to be off to university again at the end of this school year, and this job really would be like a career instead of a nice little stop gap until next September / October, which is what I currently have. I've just started a new job, which although doesn't pay half as much, is quite enjoyable, all the people are decent, and the boss seems a genuinely nice bloke who I don't want to dick around. If I left, to take the job with EMT, and I hated it, no matter what the money was, I'd feel a right knob.

Summing up; it's a 'money versus happiness' job, and I've got absolutely no idea what choice to make at the minute.

Got offered a 19K job if I want it, with East Midlands Trains.

Not sure if I do. At my age, it's a lot of money, but I'm planning to be off to university again at the end of this school year, and this job really would be like a career instead of a nice little stop gap until next September / October, which is what I currently have. I've just started a new job, which although doesn't pay half as much, is quite enjoyable, all the people are decent, and the boss seems a genuinely nice bloke who I don't want to dick around. If I left, to take the job with EMT, and I hated it, no matter what the money was, I'd feel a right knob.

Summing up; it's a 'money versus happiness' job, and I've got absolutely no idea what choice to make at the minute.

Isn't 19k below average wage?

Take the money. You can still quit and go to Uni next year if you hate it.

This. And the extra money could buy you quite a lot of happiness in the meantime. Take it but keep in mind (just keep it quiet from EMT) that you're gonna quit and go to uni - try to save up some money in the process to then make the Uni experience all the more enjoyable. :cool: