Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

BIt of a weird one...

I was driving to my Mum's this morning when I came across a 3 car accident... I've since learnt that 2 people died and 6 others were critically injured in it. The first emergency vehicles were just arriving when I got there. I got out of my car to see if I could help but was told by an ashen-faced policeman that I should keep well away from the wreckage and that the road would be closed for some time so the best thing I could do was to turn round and go the other way - and to warn any approaching traffic... which I did.

Thing is, I should have left home 15 mins earlier, which would have put me at that junction at exactly the time the accident happened. A friend phoning as I was literally on my way out of the door delayed me and I ended up running late.

The whole thing has left me feeling a bit spooked.

Weird feeling, i remember someone at my dads work said something like this before. He was going for a tour of the world trade centre on the day they came down. He decided to go shopping on his way there and so went elsewhere before hand. They came down whilst he was shopping.

Guest BlueBrett

My dog died and I wasn't at home when it happened. He has been ill for a while but he seemed to be perking up the last few days.

On top of that I lost my phone last night. There is a chance that it is in the back of my mate's car and i'll get it back but I doubt it.

I'm not looking forward to finding out what the third thing is.. :(

Guest BlueBrett
I know I like to mock you Brett, but I'm sorry to hear about your dog mate.

thank you. i think he's been suffering for a while now so it's probably for the best. would have liked to be at home when it happened though.

Today has been a straight forward, hassle free day.

Hospital tomorrow to get my operation date, can't come soon enough.

Anything serious?? Hope all goes well when you have it.

Also, Brett, sorry to hear about your dog. Will you be getting another pet/dog?

Anything serious?? Hope all goes well when you have it.

A follow up from the knee arthroscopy I had last Christmas, will be on crutches for about six weeks which will be a bitch when it comes to time off work etc but I'd rather have it done in my youth than many years down the line when it will require a whole knee replacement!

A follow up from the knee arthroscopy I had last Christmas, will be on crutches for about six weeks which will be a bitch when it comes to time off work etc but I'd rather have it done in my youth than many years down the line when it will require a whole knee replacement!

I hated crutches when I had them. And that was only for 2 days!

Good luck though :)

My dog died and I wasn't at home when it happened. He has been ill for a while but he seemed to be perking up the last few days.

On top of that I lost my phone last night. There is a chance that it is in the back of my mate's car and i'll get it back but I doubt it.

I'm not looking forward to finding out what the third thing is.. :(

Very sorry to hear the news Brett, people sometimes don't realise how i dog fits in the family, if that doesn't sound weird :dunno:

Good luck with the op mate, at least you can smack your mates with crutches lol. Always wanted to have crutches...no idea why lol.

My day was alright, brought a Children in Need wristband this afternoon and just brought a Help for Heroes and LiveStrong wristband. My charity day :D.

Very sorry to hear the news Brett, people sometimes don't realise how i dog fits in the family, if that doesn't sound weird :dunno:

Good luck with the op mate, at least you can smack your mates with crutches lol. Always wanted to have crutches...no idea why lol.

My day was alright, brought a Children in Need wristband this afternoon and just brought a Help for Heroes and LiveStrong wristband. My charity day :D.

I said this once, 2 days later I broke my foot. You have been warned.

I hated crutches when I had them. And that was only for 2 days!

Good luck though :)

Cheers mate, if should go alright!

Trust me, you don't! :D

Not being able to drive and go out without relying on a lift is an utter ballache. Showering is the worst because I have my knee in a massive bandage etc.

I said this once, 2 days later I broke my foot. You have been warned.

I did try a Cruyff turn today, failed, stood on the ball and cut all my leg up, and now my toes are bruised. Sign of things to come?

You scare me 'Milktray.