Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Really looking forward to it I think but sorting out where to live is going to be a nightmare I can tell already. Need to be as central as possible really and I knew it would be pricey but **** me! Atm its looking like almost half of my take home pay is going to have to go on rent and that is for tiny studios where you have to sleep, cook, shit and shower all in one little room :(

My uncle works in London and got his flat really cheap and he is overlooking parliament, there is a means at which you can knock quite a large amount of the price tag, I'll inform you next time i see him.

Not bad, good day at work and I've turned down a deal that a garage offered me for my car/a new car, I told them to come back with a better offer and a car that I am actually excited and interested in or i'm going elsewhere which was nice to get that burden of my back as it shouldn't have but it was getting me down abit but happier now and was quite enjoyable to watch the salespersons face drop and mood change in a split second.

Nooo.... :blink:

Missing out on something again am i?

RIP, thoughts are with the families :( , construction accidents happen way too much for a society as developed as ours.

Your nothing like Asha/NSSL then.

Really looking forward to it I think but sorting out where to live is going to be a nightmare I can tell already. Need to be as central as possible really and I knew it would be pricey but **** me! Atm its looking like almost half of my take home pay is going to have to go on rent and that is for tiny studios where you have to sleep, cook, shit and shower all in one little room :(

Where abouts will you be working? You don't have to live right central, you can still get in pretty easy from lots of places further out. Also, have a look at house shares. You'll pay through your arse for a place on your own, but it's pretty easy to find a houseshare, a lot cheaper, and you'll meet new people. If you go for it and you're not sure about where to live or anything then start a thread on here. There's enough London foxes to give you tips!

Guest BlueBrett
Where abouts will you be working? You don't have to live right central, you can still get in pretty easy from lots of places further out. Also, have a look at house shares. You'll pay through your arse for a place on your own, but it's pretty easy to find a houseshare, a lot cheaper, and you'll meet new people. If you go for it and you're not sure about where to live or anything then start a thread on here. There's enough London foxes to give you tips!

Thanks for the advice Kokopops. The offices are at embankment but I don't really know where I'll actually be working on a day to day basis because I think you are mostly out and about visiting clients. Think I have to go to college quite a bit in the first year as well to get some qualification. The problem with living out of the centre is that I absolutely hate the tube and I want to avoid using it if that is at all possible. You are blatently right about a house share probably being my best option though. I'm not due to start til April so I've got a while to sort everything out. This probably wont be my last mention of it on FT. Once I've narrowed it down to a few areas I'll most likely be back asking if people can recommend one or other of them over the rest because im completely clueless!

Thanks for the advice Kokopops. The offices are at embankment but I don't really know where I'll actually be working on a day to day basis because I think you are mostly out and about visiting clients. Think I have to go to college quite a bit in the first year as well to get some qualification. The problem with living out of the centre is that I absolutely hate the tube and I want to avoid using it if that is at all possible. You are blatently right about a house share probably being my best option though. I'm not due to start til April so I've got a while to sort everything out. This probably wont be my last mention of it on FT. Once I've narrowed it down to a few areas I'll most likely be back asking if people can recommend one or other of them over the rest because im completely clueless!

Well if you're going to be fussy and try and avoid the tube then you're going to have to pay through your arse :D It's not that bad! Admittedly I only spend 12 minutes on it to get to work, but still :D

How come? The crowded-ness of it can be tiresome, but that only depends on how long your journey is. If it's only a few stops it won't be so bad.

Gotta love public holidays, sitting by the pool watching the cricket and listening to tripple j's hottest one hundred music count down of 2010. Whilst sitting in the pool drinking beer all after a nice steak and snags from the bbq.

Gotta love public holidays, sitting by the pool watching the cricket and listening to triple j's hottest one hundred music count down of 2010. Whilst sitting in the pool drinking beer all after a nice steak and snags from the bbq.

Pretty hardcore couple of days really. Brought back some good memories of the old days. Good fun but I can't be doin with it anymore - much prefer to relax at home with a cuppa.

Mate got battered by a gypsy.

Too busy being dutch-ruddered (is that right?) by a robot to help out?

Needs must eh ;)

Not bad, Just been offered a car I might be interested in, Golf 1.4 Turbocharged/Supercharged, 170bhp, only stubbling block is £900+ insurance, that might mean a no to the car but i'll try damn hard to make it work! Oh and i'm still not too keen on what the dealer offered for my car, they will need to work on that too.

Beer's tonight. :thumbup: