Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Its really hard to know when to tell them.At the moment he looks ok and acts as normal,but due to it being in the spine he is unable to walk but sits fine,ive told them he has a bad back and he might have to stay in his chair or out in a wheelchair,i suppose when he starts deteriorating i should tell them,but they have the kids from school twice a week,which he loves,so i wouldnt want them acting differently around my dad if they knew he was so poorly.seeing them muck about and acting the fools is probably one of the things he looks forward to each week.

I lost my grandad a year ago (Was 14 at the time, not sure how old your kids are), and my mum just told me. Once it's out there and not in hiding, i found that it helped so much. My grandad had cancer which spread, but he was given 2 months and was determined to make christmas (doctors said he wouldn't make october) and he made it until January. Just because they put a 'time limit' (sorry, that sounds so blunt) does not mean a lot.

Hope your ok though man, and your family.

toyou.gif

Ta,it is a dilemma,but you are right,i think the lower time frame is to cover the hospitals arses as some might say, you said 12 months and he only lived 6,so understand why they say it.

Just out of interest, what age are you children pal? I really feel for you mate.

It's an awesome film.

You just don't have the mental capacity yet to understand it :P.

To be fair, I'd probably get it if I wasn't using the computer at the same time. Either that or your statement is true :D

To be fair, I'd probably get it if I wasn't using the computer at the same time. Either that or your statement is true :D

Yeah it needs full concentration. Miss a few minutes of the film and you miss something important.

First night at the Gym saw some of me mates who are beefed up footy players were there tried to match them with some of the stuff they did...........now can't move this morning. Also half price membership by pretending i'm one of the footy players :thumbup:

Cambridge, really sorry, I lost my Gran in 06, 3 months after I moved back out here, and I hadn't settled, so I had to fly back and see all my family just after leaving, it's hard.

Hospital said they wont bother giving dad chemo :(

Sorry to hear about this dude. Jeez I thought I was having a bad day today, seems completely ridiculous when I read things like this.

Must be awful, I think I'd literally go into self-destruct mode if I received this news about my ma. I almost fell apart when I lost both my grandmas in quick succession not long back. Horrible.

Hospital said they wont bother giving dad chemo :(

I'm ever so sorry to hear about that. One of my Uncles was told in January he only had about to live and he's gone past that. He also stopped having chemo in January and has got the disease on part of the liver and stomach. :( Your Father has my best of wishes.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

Couldn't find the mobile thread so I'll ask in here. This question will sound retarded to anyone with even the slightest knowledge of phones, I'm not one of them, hence why i'm asking.

Is it possible to buy a pay as you go phone and whack in the SIM I'm using at the minute from the phone I got with my contract and have it work?

Couldn't find the mobile thread so I'll ask in here. This question will sound retarded to anyone with even the slightest knowledge of phones, I'm not one of them, hence why i'm asking.

Is it possible to buy a pay as you go phone and whack in the SIM I'm using at the minute from the phone I got with my contract and have it work?

yep x

Not 100% sure, but I think I've got man flu. Haven't left the house and barely eaten anything since Thursday morning, gotta get myself up to referee at half 9 tomorrow. Not gonna be the best officiated game you've ever seen.

Today has started off in a 'what-the-fuck' kinda way.

Here's why. Don't know if anyone else goes on YouTube now and finds the same thing...but on their main home screen... (NSFW so put it in a spoiler)

33jinac.png

And cos I was using tinypic, you need captcha codes to upload. So as I went to upload the above picture, WTF part 2 came up...

1zdqh07.png

Sometimes they're locked to whatever network they were bought with, but you can yeah.

Found out today that for the first time in 8 years I'm not graded (only allowed to play for the first team) for football through a conversation with someone not affiliated with the senior despite starting (and playing well) in every important match last season. I'm not ****ing happy.

• Like 1

Dad still in hospital after finding out he has cancer of the spine,they believe it is a secondary cancer too.consultant thinks its a hard type to treat,fingers crossed though.

He is on a drip due to steriods and needs to be hydrated,anyway they have put him on a normal ward,due to lack of beds and in the night he kept rolling on it and setting the alarm off,the guy opposite who is not very ill had a pop at him today for waking him up.My mum has told me not to go up there tmor,as she knows i will throw that c**t out of the 9th floor!(not her exact words)

Hope your dad's gonna be ok mate. All the best to him.