Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Haha, just checked UCAS Track, got an unconditional offer from Liverpool too now.

Bit of a ball ache in honesty as it makes the decision as to where I'm going to go a whole lot harder. Had my heart set on Liverpool, love the city, but was really impressed with the set up at Leeds which is no shit hole itself, anything but really.

It's a nice dilemma to have but it's got me thinking.

Haha, just checked UCAS Track, got an unconditional offer from Liverpool too now.

Bit of a ball ache in honesty as it makes the decision as to where I'm going to go a whole lot harder. Had my heart set on Liverpool, love the city, but was really impressed with the set up at Leeds which is no shit hole itself, anything but really.

Leeds Uni is closer to Walkers Stadium, Leicester than Liverpool Uni is (by car).

Decision nearly made!

If the choice was up to me, I'd choose Liverpool. Not that my opinion would have much bearing on yours, cos at the end of the day you want to be making the decision which could decide your life, not anybody else!

****ing shite. Long boring day at uni followed by City and Arsenal kissing goodbye to their seasons. To reiterate a promise I made to my mate earlier, if City get in the play-offs now I'll eat my shoe (same goes for Arsenal bringing in any kind of trophy once again to be honest)

Not gonna lie, I'm really not a fan of people being positive after a result such as tonight's...

I've officially been accepted in working for a marketing firm in Spain in July which is owned by my friend's Father as i he knew i was interested in the business subject, which rules out me having to look around countless times for a part time job for the Summer.:D Now just watching the goals from today in Villa. :/

Leeds Uni is closer to Walkers Stadium, Leicester than Liverpool Uni is (by car).

Decision nearly made!

If the choice was up to me, I'd choose Liverpool. Not that my opinion would have much bearing on yours, cos at the end of the day you want to be making the decision which could decide your life, not anybody else!

Before I visited Leeds, Liverpool was my numero uno man. The set up at both is pretty decent, which makes it harder for me.

The 'satisfaction percentage' of students that have taken the course at Leeds is 80%, which bands it in the top bracket for what I want to do, at Liverpool it's something like 50/60%, which is about average and what most places seem to have scored.

But Liverpool has the Scouse accent on the women. Breaking my balls here. I think I prefer Liverpool as a city, but Leeds is better as a uni and is still a pretty cool place itself. Student Union there is meant to be immense as well, Julian Casablancas, White Lies, Feeder and a shit load more have done there recently. The Libertines have played there too.

Edited by Michael The Work Geordie

Always hear good things about Liverpool, nothing bad about Leeds but just better stuff about 'pool.

What are your priorities and shiz? Nightlife, facilities, culture etc?

Always hear good things about Liverpool, nothing bad about Leeds but just better stuff about 'pool.

This needs to be taken in too account, you only get to go to Uni once and it's meant to be some of the best years of your life. So you might as well see which one has a better qulity social side that suits you

Before I visited Leeds, Liverpool was my numero uno man. The set up at both is pretty decent, which makes it harder for me.

The 'satisfaction percentage' of students that have taken the course at Leeds is 80%, which bands it in the top bracket for what I want to do, at Liverpool it's something like 50/60%, which is about average and what most places seem to have scored.

But Liverpool has the Scouse accent on the women. Breaking my balls here. I think I prefer Liverpool as a city, but Leeds is better as a uni and is still a pretty cool place itself. Student Union there is meant to be immense as well, Julian Casablancas, White Lies, Feeder and a shit load more have done there recently. The Libertines have played there too.

I know I'm just a stranger on the internet and I could be completely different to you, but looking back for me course definitely takes more weight in the decision.

When you ask everyone about uni, if you get an answer other than 'I love it' it's odd and is usually because they picked a course that turned out to be nothing like what they hoped.

Admittedly, sifting through the shit in a prospectus to see how the course will really relate to what you want can be difficult because summing a degree up in an A4 page or two isn't easy. And looking back at my prospectus, I couldn't translate everything they've written into how it actually worked for me. So obviously picking which course you think will suit you more won't be easy and is pretty crucial.

But providing you get the course bit right, I think where you go, especially when you are choosing between some of the biggest cities in country like Leeds and Liverpool is less important because you will have a brilliant time anyway. The night life, culture and other such important factors will obviously be different, but they will more than likely be so good that either which way, you will love it, and it's not as if you'll do both and realise you got the first decision wrong. I love Sheffield, I'd pick the exact same course etc over again and Sheffield is as close as it possibly could be to being home now, (Leicester is and always will be my real home) but it doesn't mean that being in a different city wouldn't have been just as good.

As I said, because of this being the internet it's hard to take advice on such an important matter from a total stranger because I could be a weirdo for all you know, but that's how I see it and I hope it helps.

Edited by ajthefox

A decent day today, only had 2 hours of lessons so was in late and home early, finished some work and then watched the Tottenham game, few games on Fifa against a mate winning 2-0. Get my results for my January exams back tomorrow which will be interesting, hoping for C's ish.

Know people that go to uni in both Leeds and Liverpool man, both say good things about the nightlife in the two cities. Obviously where I'm studying is a big factor, but Leeds has such a stronger record of producing graduates that head straight into employment after the course.

Reckon Liverpool edges it for nightlife (very slightly), but by no means does that mean Leeds is bad, all I've heard is good about both. Both uni's have pretty impressive A&D buildings (new builds) and the general set-up at both is fantastic, just think that Leeds would be better suited to me and is a touch more prestigious for what I want to do.

So in effect all Liverpool seems to be holding over Leeds is slightly better nightlife, but Leeds in itself is a great city which should give me a really good social aspect, as well as a brilliant course. Leeds is looking the most likely at the minute.

But providing you get the course bit right, I think where you go, especially when you are choosing between some of the biggest cities in country like Leeds and Liverpool is less important because you will have a brilliant time anyway. The night life, culture and other such important factors will obviously be different, but they will more than likely be so good that either which way, you will love it

Well summed up. The social / nightlife / cultural aspects of the two are relatively on a par with each other, but the differences in quality on the course are a fair bit more obvious.

Well summed up. The social / nightlife / cultural aspects of the two are relatively on a par with each other, but the differences in quality on the course are a fair bit more obvious.

Come to Sheffield and give me a solid reason to get off my tits in my final year you great panda.

• Like 1

Know people that go to uni in both Leeds and Liverpool man, both say good things about the nightlife in the two cities. Obviously where I'm studying is a big factor, but Leeds has such a stronger record of producing graduates that head straight into employment after the course.

Reckon Liverpool edges it for nightlife (very slightly), but by no means does that mean Leeds is bad, all I've heard is good about both. Both uni's have pretty impressive A&D buildings (new builds) and the general set-up at both is fantastic, just think that Leeds would be better suited to me and is a touch more prestigious for what I want to do.

So in effect all Liverpool seems to be holding over Leeds is slightly better nightlife, but Leeds in itself is a great city which should give me a really good social aspect, as well as a brilliant course. Leeds is looking the most likely at the minute.

Leeds, no contest, imho. Purely on the grounds of having the much better reputation for A&D. But you have to go for which one you feel most comfortable with... I'm not sure women with scouse accents should be your deciding factor, though! :P

Leeds, no contest, imho. Purely on the grounds of having the much better reputation for A&D. But you have to go for which one you feel most comfortable with... I'm not sure women with scouse accents should be your deciding factor, though! :P

Not deciding factor, but should be taken in to account :P

Big turn-on. Well, I think so anyway!

Come to Sheffield and give me a solid reason to get off my tits in my final year you great panda.

If I go Leeds man, it's a twenty mile drive between the two. Do-able. Come down, Cherry VKs, Partridge quoting, Sian off Corro admiring, smashing bottles on each other to produce a stream of foam do-able.

Still intend to have a good perv in the Hollister shop at Meadowhall with you at some point.

I picked my choices on the basis of accents on women!

Big turn-on. Well, I think so anyway!

Not the only one, man, but the Leeds accent is a pretty good one for me, for some reason.

No up to the Scouse level, but pushing it close.

Edited by Michael The Work Geordie

You're onto a winner then. Sounds like Leeds then. Tbh the social side will probably be top notch either way so maybe that's irrelevant. You been/going to any open days? That'll be a big factor as you can see what the uni/city is actually like to be in. I visited Sheff a few times to see mates and to look at the uni and felt really at home from the start.

I'd go with wherever your gut instinct tells you once you've had a look round. (You'll probs get some good banter with Leeds fans as well :P )