Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

I'm mightily pissed off. Some cretinous little twats - who have been digging up the road outside my house for about 6 mths - have today cut through the main electricity cable. This act of twatishness has knocked out 13 sub-stations. :@

This happened at 11.30 this morning (thank fook I've been out all day) :angry: but they're "optimistic" it should be on by 9.30 tonight. :rolleyes:

I want a cup of tea. :cry: Oh, and my lappy battery is draining quicker than, well... something that drains very quickly. :huh:

Unimpressed.

Awww :cool:

Watched Fosse City win 3-2, tended to some cut knees and a twisted-ish ankle went to the Walkabout and had a good chat with Sparky about our encounters with leicester City players ;) walked to the car park with Scowy - drove home - had two cups of dandelion tea - watched Top Gears - came upstairs - put laptop on - watched Mock the Week on Dave - to be continued but I'm guessing I'll be going to bed soon as I am taking my 14 year old neice shopping tomorrow and I need to be prepared for teenage angst in Primark.

It's a thrill a minute to be me.

I thought mine were pretty good until you took it to another level !! :D

Archos fully loaded with 160 gb of tunes and films - check

CD's burned for La Anniversaire Des Mis Padres - check

Travel grub organised - check

Documents recovered from the mouth of the dog - check

T-shirts packed to annoy the cheese-eating surrender monkeys - check

Seven people annoyed on FT - check

Booze bought for tonight - check

Thai curry ordered - check

Car tyres pumped & petrol filled - check

There, that's everything sorted bar the packing and the congratulating of wife#1 for getting yet another promotion six months after the last and now rapidly running out of spine points to go on. God bless the NHS and all who appoint in her!

I wonder, if she gets knighted - what is my title? Sir Daggers? Lord Daggers of Walkers?

I wonder, if she gets knighted - what is my title? Sir Daggers? Lord Daggers of Walkers?

Serf.

If you're lucky.

Anyhow, I went t' oral surgery place and got consulted regarding my wisdoms (two, right side only). They told me pretty much what I suspected already - first I'll pre-medicate, then they'll make me very sleepy, then they will do unspeakable things in my mouth. Then, a responsible adult will collect me and deposit me at my place of residence where, soon after being deposited, my face will inflate to three times its normal size.

It sounds a highly enjoyable experience... and best of all, the appointment is barely a month away... impressive, I wasn't expecting to be booked in for a good few months (after all, the consultation alone was booked nearly 9 weeks ago). :whistle::D

No golf, a slow and tedious day on Leicester market and then I come on here to find all the focus is still on Mandaric's determination to re-install his favourite "All Our Yesterday's" policy as the benchmark for City's return to respectable football.

There must be an angle to it somewhere. Is it to do with a Government anti-ageist directive or is there an unknown spin-off from the PFA for anyone taking on veteran footballers?

Whatever. The more I read it the more it gets me down. He just can't seem to let any manager get on with it.

No, I'm not against Dickov. There's a logical reason for Dickov. But that's enough apart from a full-back and please let him be young, keen and effective. Cos Clapham was just another example of what I'm talking about. An old timer who made an art form out of looking okay but doing sod-all that mattered.

I am thoroughly pissed off. I am fed up with stupid people expecting me to metaphorically wipe their arses for them. I wouldn't be surprised if they literally needed their arses wiping.

Stupid person "My phone isn't going to voicemail".

Me "Have you tried resetting it?"

Stupid person "How do I do that?"

:angry:

Stupid person "I'm not getting texts to tell me I have voicemail"

Me "Yes, *operator* has problems with this - you will just have to dial in regularly to see if you have any messages, or you can try a manual roam to kick you back on the network"

Stupid person "What's a manual roam?"

>_<

Somewhere along the line, it will be explained how important this person is that they must be contactable at every minute of the day. I know exactly what is dialled in and received on their phones. Some people are far too full of their own self importance.

I am thoroughly pissed off. I am fed up with stupid people expecting me to metaphorically wipe their arses for them. I wouldn't be surprised if they literally needed their arses wiping.

Stupid person "My phone isn't going to voicemail".

Me "Have you tried resetting it?"

Stupid person "How do I do that?"

:angry:

Stupid person "I'm not getting texts to tell me I have voicemail"

Me "Yes, *operator* has problems with this - you will just have to dial in regularly to see if you have any messages, or you can try a manual roam to kick you back on the network"

Stupid person "What's a manual roam?"

>_<

Somewhere along the line, it will be explained how important this person is that they must be contactable at every minute of the day. I know exactly what is dialled in and received on their phones. Some people are far too full of their own self importance.

I was "stupid person" yesterday when ringing up enquiring about phones. I wasn't expecting the barrage of questions (and also couldnt remember my mobile number and couldnt check because I was using it to ring >_<

Phone Person - "what's your account password"

Me - " Erm... I can't remember. I haven't used this phone service in 18 months. Is it ________"

Phone Person - "No!"

Me - "Ok erm..... Can I have the reminder question?"

Phone Person - "No!"

Me - "Bugger!"

:unsure:

Slightly irritating day.

Didn't go to sleep until 4am.

Got up at 7am.

Went to Newark - it was shit and full of chavs.

Had contact lense malfunction.

All this contributing to bad mood.

Going to bed fairly soon.

That is all.

I was "stupid person" yesterday when ringing up enquiring about phones. I wasn't expecting the barrage of questions (and also couldnt remember my mobile number and couldnt check because I was using it to ring >_<

Phone Person - "what's your account password"

Me - " Erm... I can't remember. I haven't used this phone service in 18 months. Is it ________"

Phone Person - "No!"

Me - "Ok erm..... Can I have the reminder question?"

Phone Person - "No!"

Me - "Bugger!"

:unsure:

The thing is, I only manage the database of mobile phone users. Yet I am expected to be the fountain of all knowledge, which, luck would have it, I am. Every time someone has a problem they phone me up, and yet when I say "have you switched the phone off and on again?" and it turns out to cure the problems, I am suddenly the all-knowing mobile phone guru.

Other problems can be sorted with Google. Yet nobody ever tries to sort their own problems out, not whilst Lisa can do it. As for phones being returned by leavers, it's a works phone, why would you want to photograph your partners penis. >_<

Good day today. As much as I love my motherland, it's good to be back in a country that has order and infrastructure. And back in a country where the money isn't so ****ing worthless.

I'm still going back next year though. :)

Quite good, just had a thunderstorm. Hope it stops as I'm playing football at 7pm.

Sort of pleased about Dickov coming back as well, so not too bad.

Mock the Week tonight :clap:

There's another heading your way now. The one earlier was nothing compared to this. Enjoy. :D