Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

While the wife is in Benidorm thought i would buy 3 fishing reels,a ledger rod,drop arm indicators and a bite alarm.She took the news quite well when she phoned earlier,but i bet she is fuming as she has got expensive shopping habits and i beat her to it!!!

Dont know whether i should admit this ,but my mate got me a ticket for Peterboring v MK dons next thursday,as much as i dont like peterboring its a good local away day for me if they go up and 6 points! although the away stand is coming down for next season meaning only 800(approx) away tickets.Might have to go in the home stand like a did when we were in div 1.

Before anyone starts, what im about to tell you, was indeed my fault, but I would still like to moan.

The system of picking up train tickets booked online from the station....

I booked two singles to newcastle a few weeks back on a family bank card and mistakenly chose collect at station(as its what I always instinctively do when booking a ticket).

Realised today that obviously parents have the bank card and they are already in Newcastle so went about the process of going to the station and asking whether the booking reference was enough.

Was told unsurpringly bluntly by the useless staff at Nottingham station NO(and then told to call the trainline, despite booking through east midlands trains!), so I rang them and was then told to ring east midlands trains(strangely enough exactly the same call centre :dunno:). When I rang east mids trains they said they needed to speak to the card holder and once they had would be able to change the details so that I could pick up the tickets with my card. When my parents rang they were told that the previous "helper" was talking nonsense and that there was nothing they could do!

So all in all I have ended up re booking the tickets today(the day before travel) costing £98(original tickets were £27).

I just think the system is floored... once the tickets are booked and you have all the reference numbers etc, why the need for the card?? And also why once the card holder had rang up were they unable to do anything.

It just seems ridiculous to me and topped off a rather crap Friday 13th!!!

Before anyone starts, what im about to tell you, was indeed my fault, but I would still like to moan.

The system of picking up train tickets booked online from the station....

I booked two singles to newcastle a few weeks back on a family bank card and mistakenly chose collect at station(as its what I always instinctively do when booking a ticket).

Realised today that obviously parents have the bank card and they are already in Newcastle so went about the process of going to the station and asking whether the booking reference was enough.

Was told unsurpringly bluntly by the useless staff at Nottingham station NO(and then told to call the trainline, despite booking through east midlands trains!), so I rang them and was then told to ring east midlands trains(strangely enough exactly the same call centre :dunno:). When I rang east mids trains they said they needed to speak to the card holder and once they had would be able to change the details so that I could pick up the tickets with my card. When my parents rang they were told that the previous "helper" was talking nonsense and that there was nothing they could do!

So all in all I have ended up re booking the tickets today(the day before travel) costing £98(original tickets were £27).

I just think the system is floored... once the tickets are booked and you have all the reference numbers etc, why the need for the card?? And also why once the card holder had rang up were they unable to do anything.

It just seems ridiculous to me and topped off a rather crap Friday 13th!!!

It's not really that flawed (or floored, if you will). You'd be just as annoyed if someone got your reference number and stole your tickets because they didn't need any ID. Because you're picking up from a machine it's the only form of ID that can be automatically checked. It is annoying when that happens though. I once booked tickets and then lost my card. I managed to ring up and get it sorted though, fortunately.

Car failed it's m.o.t! Hope you haven't had your kids in there recently, wouldn't want you to put them in danger!!!

mm how terrible of me... not realising my "offside suspension arm rubber bush" was worn... imagine if i had and accident, that would be quite negligent on my part wouldnt it.

Oh... btw... hope youve checked your suspension arm bushes, would hate for you to lose your level of perfection.

mm how terrible of me... not realising my "offside suspension arm rubber bush" was worn... imagine if i had and accident, that would be quite negligent on my part wouldnt it.

Oh... btw... hope youve checked your suspension arm bushes, would hate for you to lose your level of perfection.

Thanks for your concern, just popped out to check them and all seems ok

Are you suure you can trust her?? :o:ph34r: sounds to me like your putting them at risk... neglectful bastard! (i will not respond any further in this topic)

Thanks for your concern about my wife, as we have been together for 26 years I feel I know her well enough to trust her with my/our kids lives, once again, thanks for you concern. Bastard? I know who my parents are thanks, do you?

It's not really that flawed (or floored, if you will). You'd be just as annoyed if someone got your reference number and stole your tickets because they didn't need any ID. Because you're picking up from a machine it's the only form of ID that can be automatically checked. It is annoying when that happens though. I once booked tickets and then lost my card. I managed to ring up and get it sorted though, fortunately.

Would love to know how you managed to get it sorted! And I meant more the system of not being able to do anything when a card is lost or not in the right place at the right time etc.

Went to a friends birthday. Had a few drinks, had a good laugh, though slightly awkward being one of the three white people in the Asian majority who I'd never met and all who all knew each other very well. Still, they were sound and had a pretty good time; charades still doesn't get old!

Edited by Charl91