Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Had a day off to coach Year 9/10 football, easy day.

Went to see lady friend after, ;).

And get home to find an email saying I'm a finalist for the Australian Academy of Design Scholarship Award, after I spent my whole weekend (besides work and football) preparing this print advertisement for Metro (company who run our train service). If i win I get a scholarship to this Academy for Uni, which will be awesome as I'm just getting to the pressure bits of my schooling years, and this would mean I don't have as MUCH pressure, and a grand, which would be handy as I'm about to pop over to the UK. Absolutely chuffin' ecstatic.

I heard Liverpool/Wirral way had a shitload of stormy weather, too. ScouseFox might be able to confirm. Apparently was like your regular storm, either, 10 times worse! Hail the size of 'golfballs' and extremely loud thunder.

Had about 5 hours sleep since Saturday night, out all night Sunday so that was my fault really, good night though.

Then last night, like Stan said, didn't get close to sleeping until about half 4 or so, not sure how anyone could sleep through that, hail smashing on the windows, thunder and lightening like I've never seen before. Sat up and watched it for about 20 minutes or so, it was amazingly bad. Can't see any lasting damage though, but the thunder and lightening was very close to ours I think, quite scary stuff.

And now, even weirder, it's about 20 degrees and bright sunshine, British weather, ey.

Walking through the taxi rank at Leicester station, saw a face I recognised. Couldn't pinpoint from where though. So gave him the 'ay up' nod and he responded in kind. Only realised afterwards it was Martyn Waghorn. lol

Oh, and Hoos leaving has made my afternoon. :D :D :D

Walking through the taxi rank at Leicester station, saw a face I recognised. Couldn't pinpoint from where though. So gave him the 'ay up' nod and he responded in kind. Only realised afterwards it was Martyn Waghorn. lol

Oh, and Hoos leaving has made my afternoon. :D :D :D

How did you not successfully recognise Waghorn lol ?!

• Like 1

Went to Liverpool for the day yesterday, being a big Beatles fan and all that.

Anyway, don't know if any of you have been recently/or ever, but within the Liverpool 1 Shopping Centre, there are the Liverpool and Everton megastores, so we thought we'd go in to have a look.

We walked into the Liverpool megastore, just walking around you know, and I bumped into Phil Thompson who was with his family. And even though he was with his family, he still took the time to have a photo with me which was great.

Always liked him.

Went to Liverpool for the day yesterday, being a big Beatles fan and all that.

Anyway, don't know if any of you have been recently/or ever, but within the Liverpool 1 Shopping Centre, there are the Liverpool and Everton megastores, so we thought we'd go in to have a look.

We walked into the Liverpool megastore, just walking around you know, and I bumped into Phil Thompson who was with his family. And even though he was with his family, he still took the time to have a photo with me which was great.

Always liked him.

Best thing about the Everton store there is it's called Everton2, because Everton1 is outside Goodison, so it's address is "Everton 2, Liverpool 1" lol

Cheers all. :)

Problem is now that I had an interview with my manager at the business I am having a part time job at for three weeks before my holidays 'officially' begin and one of my working times is on the day when my Step-Mother's funeral is and I really don't want to miss it as my Step-Father (whose Mother died) respects me a lot and I want to attend this funeral (plus my Uncle's when it'll be confirmed) as a part of respecting what he done for me, but this manager seems the kind chap when if he gets stressed, he is easily pissed off and grumpy, and as i'm only there for three weeks, he may not allow it... :dunno:

Starting tomorrow by the way : Every day, but only working up to 6 hours at the most.

Really sorry to hear about all your sad news pal.

It should not matter how long you are working for,you should get the days off for things like this,but if he does act like a spoilt kid over it and you are only there a few weeks tell as many people what an arse he is being,making sure you mention his name,i think most , if not all will be on your side and he will make himself look a right Knob cheese!

Then on your last day walk up to him giving it the slow hand clap and tell him in your best sarcastic voice what a good bloke he was for letting you have the time off.Or get one of your bodyguards to do it,i assume you have some!!!

How did you not successfully recognise Waghorn lol ?!

Ha. Only looked up for a split second and thought "I recognise that bloke - did I talk to him when I was pissed once?" lol

To be fair I thought it was very good of him to nod back given he didn't know me from Adam. Felt like such a plank after though.

Best thing about the Everton store there is it's called Everton2, because Everton1 is outside Goodison, so it's address is "Everton 2, Liverpool 1" lol

lol Classic.

I didn't realise that.

Brilliant day today, first day of winter and we got around 17c and tomorrow it's expected 19c, can't complain with that for winter! Went to an electrical store called 'The Good Guys' to see how much they'd quote me for an Xbox 250gb with Kinect and a 32" tele, they said $455 for the Xbox with isn't too bad then they found me a FOURTY INCH FULL HD tele for $460, ****IN' bargain! That's an absolute steal, was so pleased, $460 translates back to around £290, STEAL!

Then went around areas looking at houses and found a beaut brand new estate in a town called Berwick with some really nice houses, made better by the fact on the estate you get a little shop, a chippy, an alcohol shop and a couple of others AND a cricket club! BOOM! Then about a 2 minute drive away you have a retail park the size of Fosse Park. Productive day all together.

So your loving my neck of the woods then?

Too bladdy royt Sheila! MATE! I want to live on Beach Road, some of the women that live down there are just dreamy, and every second bloody person is on a bike and they ALL wear Lycra! Going out in Frankston on Friday night, so will probably get killed, my cousin treated me to a tour of the 'Pines' last night, what a delightful place.

Had to take another day off work due to Foxy Jr being ill again.

Boss was a bit funny about it. Kept expecting him to say why doesn't your wife/ mother etc take him.

Watched the first round of the Munster hurling championship while he was asleep in my arms. :wub: Sky+ and hurling

Too bladdy royt Sheila! MATE! I want to live on Beach Road, some of the women that live down there are just dreamy, and every second bloody person is on a bike and they ALL wear Lycra! Going out in Frankston on Friday night, so will probably get killed, my cousin treated me to a tour of the 'Pines' last night, what a delightful place.

Yeah Pines is dodgy as, try playing footy there would always get in punch on's behind the play. Only 2 options in Franga on a Friday nite over 28's at Dirty Davies or Flannigians. Frankston really isn't any good to go out in any more.