Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

I'm moving soon, and might need to get a WHOLE HOUSE worth of blinds. It could prove to be an emotional rollercoaster - just think of the adventures I might have!

Myself personally i like the Arena Dewberry Clover blinds, they have a prudent purple flower on them with leaves which take a bit of a back seat but are still visible and work well with the room in which i am thinking of installing them in. But with a minimum price of £66 are a bit out of my range, which is a shame.

Sometimes things can be so important that you just HAVE to find the money, no matter what it takes.

I'm not saying you should whore yourself out to raise the funds, but I'm not saying you shouldn't, either

Edited by Bellend Sebastian

Personally i don't think you can do better than some good old net curtains because

it's easy to see out but practically impossible to see in , which seems to defy all logic i know . But it's true , because i've often watched folk going by my door as i've stood there making all sorts of rude gestures towards them without them knowing .

You can literally have hours of fun this way

( ps don't do this at night with the lights on )

Roller blinds? What do you take me for, some sort of pervert?

Of course not. Roller blinds are cool now. As long as you're not wearing a trenchcoat and don't have a paedo beard. Then it's okay!

Personally i don't think you can do better than some good old net curtains because

it's easy to see out but practically impossible to see in , which seems to defy all logic i know . But it's true , because i've often watched folk going by my door as i've stood there making all sorts of rude gestures towards them without them knowing .

You can literally have hours of fun this way

( ps don't do this at night with the lights on )

lol. It's a miracle ain't it? I hope Mr. Net Curtain got a Nobel Peace Prize for it.

Of course not. Roller blinds are cool now. As long as you're not wearing a trenchcoat and don't have a paedo beard. Then it's okay!

lol. It's a miracle ain't it? I hope Mr. Net Curtain got a Nobel Peace Prize for it.

Nobel Peace Prize , yes , !!!

You may have hit on a brilliant idea there stan :thumbup:

If all nations surrounded themselves with net curtains and hurled insults and threats at each other from the safety it afforded , then afterwards when they had let off enough steam and rattled enough sabres for a few weeks , they could pop over and be nice to each other and no-one would would be any the wiser .

Each nation would think what lovely neighbours they had

I'm sure it's a winner

Nobel Peace Prize , yes , !!!

You may have hit on a brilliant idea there stan :thumbup:

If all nations surrounded themselves with net curtains and hurled insults and threats at each other from the safety it afforded , then afterwards when they had let off enough steam and rattled enough sabres for a few weeks , they could pop over and be nice to each other and no-one would would be any the wiser .

Each nation would think what lovely neighbours they had

I'm sure it's a winner

Plus, if you're behind your net curtain, and for instance you are one of 3 brothers, you can hurl abuse and the recipient would have no idea who it would be. Lots of fun to be had with that!

You will not be surprised to learn that the net curtain is a British, or, specifically, English device, as it allows examination of the outside world without permitting introspection.

The net spread with the rising urban middle classes, who began to worry that their betters might sneer at their interiors and their inferiors might steal from them.

Originally made of lace, the introduction of light polyester nets increased opportunities for hidden observing, and the net assumed its role as a cipher for suburbia and its supposed narrowness and nosiness. Now it is rarely met without its default adjective, "twitching", emphasising that it's seen mostly as a means of prying rather than protecting.

Its more organised consequence, Neighbourhood Watch, hasn't attracted the same opprobrium. The upper classes prefer shutters. Continentals, who largely operate an open-curtain policy, are puzzled by all this obscurantism. But then they, palpably, are not British.

say no to venetian , roman or any other foreign blinds :protest:

keep them out !!!

Edited by Zingari

net curtains also are a good way of keeping out pesky irritants this weather such as mozzies , hornets and wasps .

this is how the british managed to build an empire in seemingly inhospitable places

Edited by Zingari

Lovely day for being on holiday and soaking up the sun,,have sat in the garden all afternoon :thumbup:

Went shopping this morning to try and get my lad some football boots,,came home empty handed as nothing was "right" grrrr

I'm off out on the town tonight and quite looking forward to it! x

Went to watch the girls netball today, phwoarrrr, I tell ya..Australia's got talent! I have an excuse for going as well, I'm not just a perv :rolleyes: my Auntie is there coach, so I get away with it :thumbup: Will definitely be going there again on Tuesday.

I think i'm getting old, got a late call up to a house party as apparently there was no guys there. A house full of 20-21 yr old girls drinking and no male comepetion and my answer was it's been a late nite i'm heading home to bed.

Thinking i'll regret this tomorrow morning.

I think i'm getting old, got a late call up to a house party as apparently there was no guys there. A house full of 20-21 yr old girls drinking and no male comepetion and my answer was it's been a late nite i'm heading home to bed.

:unsure:

Who the fuck are you? And what have you done with Roo?

I use corsodyl mouthwash for ulcers, they'll clear up within a couple of days.

I bought some today and am currently using it. I'd been using salt and water but I couldn't take the dry mouth any more.