Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

good day, it was my 21st birthday on saturday , family got me a season ticket to City this season, first time I've had a ticket since the 03/04 campaign.

Reason I bring that up is I finally got confirmation that everything has been sent to me, so looking forward to it.

Haven't been to a game for a number of years now, last game I saw was the 4-1 win over Watford during Martin Allen's brieft stint

To anybody who goes to uni in Sheffield, do you travel back at weekends?

Not myself but that might have something to do with living in a village in the middle of nowhere with hardly any transport. Made some good friends up here so I miss it when I'm back home and I enjoy the independence. I don't really know anyone who travels home every weekend or even that often but I understand it.

Like AJ said, travellings fairly cheap and quick so it's not a hassle and there do seem to be a lot of people from Leicestershire up here.

What happened to the rain today. I nearly didn't bother going to work today because they said it would rain all day, we've not had a drop. I didn't bother taking any pack up because I thought I'd be home before dinner.

We had a ****ing monsoon down here in London.

My dad's just texted me from the hospital, apparently there was someone running round with a gun at the General.

Police got the chopper out and everything.

One of my mates just wrote on facebook...

'Leicester general hospital surrounded by gunmen?!'

:unsure:

went to the uni of sheffield open day last year - not at all impressed with the place.

How come? All my mates that are there hardly have a bad word to say about it. I know people who do Maths, Chemistry and Geography there.

for one the open day was fairly poorly organised - granted that doesn't matter much when you actually get to studying at the uni but when you're looking around, deciding which uni's to apply for you only really get the open day(s) to make a judgement on whether you want to spend 3+ years there and when it's as poorly set out as the sheffield one was, it leaves a pretty bad impression.

Looking around the facilities for chemistry weren't all that great compared to the other university's i'd been to look at.

It was sub-standard compared to the rest of the uni's i looked at and when they were asking for entry requirements on the same level as bath - more than warwick, leeds & leicester were requesting it seemed like a terrible choice.

11AM - 11:30PM?

what job entails doing those sorts of hours?

Medical profession, hospitality, factory work, warehouse work, shift workers for utilities.... I could go on.

Edited by FoxyPV

Went out in Birmingham, Oceana to be precise, last night. Nearly fell asleep in the club. Go me. Had so much Vodka. One positive though was that I only managed to spend £10 inside! Did most of my drinking beforehand (copious amounts of alcohol plus being seriously tired were the reasons I nearly conked out).

Came back home today, three hours to get from Birmingham to Bedford. Too long.