Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Tell me about it.

I have decided to find a new job. Updated my CV.

I see jobs advertised that look fantastic and have lots and lots of perks.

I want a new job now. This one is now shite.

I need a new job as well with new people and new surroundings.

Tell me about it.

I have decided to find a new job. Updated my CV.

I see jobs advertised that look fantastic and have lots and lots of perks.

I want a new job now. This one is now shite.

I'm currently job-hunting - my current place are making me redundant as of the end of September. I had one interview last week, had one yesterday, another this morning, got one Thursday afternoon & another Friday afternoon. Absolutely knackering. Seems there's plenty of work out there for accountants/financial types.

I'm currently job-hunting - my current place are making me redundant as of the end of September. I had one interview last week, had one yesterday, another this morning, got one Thursday afternoon & another Friday afternoon. Absolutely knackering. Seems there's plenty of work out there for accountants/financial types.

True. I found one position, IFA, workfrom home, employed, car, High basic etc... seems to good to be true. And from experience, it probabaly is. This job seemed to good to be true for the first 6 months.

If anybody out there would like to pay me £40-50k a year to work from home and not do a great deal, I'm yours.

True. I found one position, IFA, workfrom home, employed, car, High basic etc... seems to good to be true. And from experience, it probabaly is. This job seemed to good to be true for the first 6 months.

If anybody out there would like to pay me £40-50k a year to work from home and not do a great deal, I'm yours.

That job probably doesn't exist/has already been filled, they'll just put that there to tempt you in. Once they've got your details they start to send you decent stuff, or so I've found. I've had tonnes of calls over the past 2 weeks from people at one recruitment company with loads of different roles that've actually come to something whereas I've never actually got an interview for a job I've sent my details in for when I've found it on a website

That job probably doesn't exist/has already been filled, they'll just put that there to tempt you in. Once they've got your details they start to send you decent stuff, or so I've found. I've had tonnes of calls over the past 2 weeks from people at one recruitment company with loads of different roles that've actually come to something whereas I've never actually got an interview for a job I've sent my details in for when I've found it on a website

Which company is that?

Thank christ for that.

I don't think I can stick this one for much longer. 8 years is a long time in anyone's book

Those 2 things are not mutually exclusive, young one.

^_^

:P

Recruitment, Estate Agents, Conveyancers. All the same. Flash suits and big-knot ties.

Financial Services is the future. Who wouldn't want to spend all day talking to 40 year old smokers explaining how they desperately need a £150 p/m critical illness policy?

Oh it's a glam world in the Mortgage/Insurance industry.

Gam Glam Glam.

If anyone can get a job in the mortgage industry at the minute they're doing well, it's dying on its arse.

Being an IFA is a good job if you've got decent clients (i.e. rich ones) and aren't an incompetent bastard. Unfortunately, a lot of IFAs ARE incompetent bastards, so it's not always an easy job to keep

If anyone can get a job in the mortgage industry at the minute they're doing well, it's dying on its arse.

Being an IFA is a good job if you've got decent clients (i.e. rich ones) and aren't an incompetent bastard. Unfortunately, a lot of IFAs ARE incompetent bastards, so it's not always an easy job to keep

True words.

But I have been specifically targetting jobs with High Net Worth clients. Mortgage industry is suffering, but if you have a decent client bank that has been wll serviced over the years it is possible to make some decent money.

The trouble is that the company I am at has been spending too much time milking it in the good times and not properly utilising their client bank. Hence, when the market turn shit, they turn to their (neglected) existing clients, who promptly tell them to bollocks.

The fact that I have to get up at 6am everyday, and rarely get home before 9pm each night, on top of working every other Saturday, and the fact that we have had our comission %-age slashed, means this job has become untenurable.

I didn't spend a year of my life and £1000's gettin a qualification that prohibits a social life!

:P

Recruitment, Estate Agents, Conveyancers. All the same. Flash suits and big-knot ties.

Financial Services is the future. Who wouldn't want to spend all day talking to 40 year old smokers explaining how they desperately need a £150 p/m critical illness policy?

Oh it's a glam world in the Mortgage/Insurance industry.

Gam Glam Glam.

I work in the insurance industry.

Everyone is crooked. Fact.