Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Feels like a Saturday because it's a public holiday today and tomorrow over here and then am completely befuddled as tv is (obviously) just running its normal daytime schedule.

I was hoping it would lash down all day with thunder and lightning to ruin the marches for those bastards but after an early deluge it's turned out quite nice <_<

Had my first day at "big" school. Was good I suppose. Not looking forward to my day tomorrow its shite.

Congratulations on your move from infant school to junior. :thumbup:

We usually do our fitness training at Barnett's Park and had training planned for last night only to find out when we got over there that it was full of loyalists putting up flags, banners and stands. It had designated as the meeting place on the 12th for all the Orange bands in South Belfast.

We beat a hasty retreat the Mary Peter's track as alternative/ safe venue lol

(this probably means nothing to most of you but the GAA and the Orange Order don't get on)

Meh, I think I need some time off work, havn't had a sustained period of time off work since I started last August. That's nearly a year of constant working! Feel a bit burnt out and it's bumming me out. Finding myself becoming a bit withdrawn from people at work which is a bit shit, but my own fault and I don't think going bed at 3am every night is helping.

So to answer the question, not too great haha.

Meh, I think I need some time off work, havn't had a sustained period of time off work since I started last August. That's nearly a year of constant working! Feel a bit burnt out and it's bumming me out. Finding myself becoming a bit withdrawn from people at work which is a bit shit, but my own fault and I don't think going bed at 3am every night is helping.

Take a break buddy, just chill for a period of time. Go on a cheap holiday, wherever it is, for a week or two and then when you go back you will feel like a new guy. Keep your head up mate!

Get to bed, then! :P

Starting to lose patience with my boss :|

The guy who runs this team I'm in now is a really nice guy, but totally oblivious to the glaring cockups some of the team keep making and the massive waste of time that goes on. Its mostly because he never bothers getting anyone to do the preliminary reviews on the work that gets requested - the procedure is meant to be we get given a spec, review it, then either pass it back to the analysts for corrections or add some technical notes and approve it, at which point its meant to get put on the plan for us to do. For small things its often overkill for anyone who knows their stuff, but he keeps giving things a quick glance, seeing if they make vague sense then sending it straight into the plan. Which is forcing us to have to start needless battles with the project managers to get proper specs retrospectively & arguing over whether something is a load of bollocks, whether the timeframes make sense because he's massively underestimated certain parts of things etc etc...

Its got ridiculous again (with the previous problem being 2 months of arguing with a project manager because he'd planned in something that was impossible ) in the last few days though - the new guy is starting to get proper work to do. And none of it has been reviewed before he gets it.

So at best endless little things keep coming up that are really obvious things for anyone who has been here a while (trying to run things at 23:00 on a system that doesn't run 24hrs isn't going to work, for example) and we then have to go clean up the mess all day - at worst he gets given an open-ended task with the instructions being to do one of many options which doesn't line up to what the customer probably wants, which isn't clearly defined and the spec is basically non-existent , just a "not touching this with a barge pole" type comment from the analyst. Its absolutely absurd, tried spelling it out and just got a "oh, yes, thats what I was talking about earlier when I was saying we need to keep the projects up to date in the system"... which misses the point in ridiculous fashion. Patience really wore thin at that.

aaaargh. (yes I know its nonsensical venting)

Holiday in 2 weeks though! :)

I actually fell asleep while I was teaching today. >_< My lessons must be seriously boring. :blush:

Wake up locked in a cupboard? Pencil sharpenings in your hair? All your blue tac missing?

No, I'm far too scary for them to even consider such things. :devil:

I did wake up with my hair dangling in my coffee cup, but I think that was purely down to gravity. :P

Mine was meeting after meeting and even had a meeting during lunch I even had a meeting to discuss next weeks meeting that is cancelled.

Got home looking like id just been on the raz suit shrivelled up and shirt hanging out my trousers then my lovely missus cooked me minted lamb steaks with all the trimmings. with a nice bottle of rose. :)

I actually fell asleep while I was teaching today. >_< My lessons must be seriously boring. :blush:

What do you teach may I ask? :whistle:

Didn't do much today. Had car washed, stayed at home on laptop + watched Sky, that's all.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

Finished school today/ yesterday for 7 weeks then had pizza. End of school year is the best day of the year.

Ahh, memories. Did they make you watch Ice age/shrek instead of a normal lesson? That used to piss me off no end.

Ahh, memories. Did they make you watch Ice age/shrek instead of a normal lesson? That used to piss me off no end.

Better than watching 3 episodes of bloody Blackadder which isn't the best sitcom I've ever watched. :yawn:lol