Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Car crash on the M1 meant that traffic was mental in town at rush hour. We of course took the back roads and were able to avoid it.

220mile round trip for a match and had a bit of a mare. Love it. Just home after leaving the house at 530.

Ms Foxy is well pleased

Fooking BRILLIANT day today, did the Great North Run, easily the best day of my life so far - amazing atmosphere and support from the locals and although I hurt in places I never knew I had the feeling of knowing I actually did it is immense.

I was aiming for 2hrs 15 min which I thought was optimistic but got round in 1h 52m!!! Unbelieveable time for a beginner I think.

Even if running is your idea of hell (until recently I felt exactly the same!), I recommend it to everybody to try at least once. Just 8 weeks of training and then after an amazing day you never have to run again

So far, today hasn't been great. All the emergency work from the weekend has to be for Road Service before 10am but it takes a while to put it on. I called the HCO to see if he was on his way to leave the sheets down at 9 - he said yes. 950am he turns up with half the sheets and the harridans that put the notices on for RS lay into me about this, then one of the crews phones up at 1030 to give me details of other emergency work, which then lets those two bitches have another go at me.

I point out that this is not hardly my fault and i have contacted said standby crews to get work from them, which is met with derision.

I then try and put some work on the for the contractors and get snide comments made about me bankrolling the contractor (I run four areas - two of these have no in house crews and the other is seriously understaffed).

On friday I had a bit of a run in with one of the harpies pertaining to the length of warranty for contractor repairs after I sent a job through with my field manager's approval as a repair had been carried out a year and two weeks ago at the same location. The warranty is a year on burst mains according to said FM. She then contacted the guy in charge of contracts and starting quoting chapter and verse at me in a rather loud voice. I informed her that the dig size warranty is not the same as the fittings warranty and again i was shouted at.

I'm waiting until my manager comes back to talk to him about this.

These are not atypical events.

The constancy of these occurrences is wearing me down. It's getting to the stage were i think I'll snap and hit her in the head with my chair.

The thing that really annoys me is that the two of them are getting paid a grade above for the work they are actually doing yet they get on their high horse about everything.

After a weekend which involved getting in at 4am on Friday night/Saturday morning and 10am this morning my body clock is completely screwed, not to mention the majority of my vital organs. I have to be at work at 9am tomorrow. Eurgh.

I think I have the plague. The only reason I haven't left work is because it seems like too much effort. I could have left 1 hour ago. What's even more annoying is that I know I'll come in tomorrow no matter how bad I'm feeling, largely because I'm incredibly stubborn when it comes to take days off ill and seem to perversely enjoy coming in and moaning to colleagues about how ill I am instead. That sentence was unnecessarily long BUT I'M ILL SO I DON'T CARE.

This weekend I even managed to get some "quality time" in with a woman for the first time in longer than I care to admit. You'd think this would be cause for rejoice, BUT NO. I think it's lead to me straining my stomach muscles, which means every time I cough (which is quite regularly with this plague I've caught) it makes my entire torso hurt. Stomach muscles? What an absolute joke.

It's worth noting that even with this debilitating cough/stomach combination, I'm still smoking far to regularly to glean any kind of sympathy from my already unsympathetic "this is entirely self inflicted Alex" colleagues. I should stop. Instead I'm taking some Benylin Mucus Cough medicine (it's not a mucus cough), Sudafed (I'm not congested), Strepsils (I don't have a sore throat) and paracetamol (16p, Tesco), all of which have been sitting in my draw for possibly an eternity, in a vain hope that throwing (legal) drugs at the problem will solve things. I stopped short of a colleague's Feminax Ultra Tablets (for period pain), although it was a close call.

On the plus side, since I've lazed around at work for an hour longer than necessary the tube home is going to cost £1.25 instead of £2.50. Every cloud.

I am a pathetic man. I think I need some kind words from Foxy Peter.

Woke up , had sex for an hour, with Carole, went next door to Louise, and had sex for two hours, smoked some pot went out for a few beers, met a nice bird, had sex at her place, smoked more pot, drank a bottle of brandy, raped a blonde nurse, got arrested by a female police sergeant, smoked pot together and then she raped me. After that I went home and took a trip on LSD. Slept it off , got pissed, and injected myself with heroin. Really felt on top of the world, but was actually on top of the vicars' wife. Went to pray for forgiveness, but decided to pay penance by coming onto Foxes Talk.

Another bloody boring day. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Woke up , had sex for an hour, with Carole, went next door to Louise, and had sex for two hours, smoked some pot went out for a few beers, met a nice bird, had sex at her place, smoked more pot, drank a bottle of brandy, raped a blonde nurse, got arrested by a female police sergeant, smoked pot together and then she raped me. After that I went home and took a trip on LSD. Slept it off , got pissed, and injected myself with heroin. Really felt on top of the world, but was actually on top of the vicars' wife. Went to pray for forgiveness, but decided to pay penance by coming onto Foxes Talk.

Another bloody boring day. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

dont you just hate those run of the mill days :whistle: