Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

aaahhh my arse! i have been lucky enough in my 40 years,never to have suffered from spots,but yesterday i had the mother of all spots on my arse just above the top of my leg,now being in and out of the car all day this was a nightmare,i couldnt wait to get home and have a dabble.one hot bath a pin TCP and a game of nude twister with a mirror( as it was in an awkward position and the wife was never going to go near my arse) voila.i feel like a new man!

Whos eating whilst reading this?

No.

Skipped the football and rugby socials and went to the union instead - downed 4 bottles of vodka to get a hat then went off to play poker. T'was a productive night in which I got about 2 hours sleep (had to be up by 9 for a free fry-up.)

You're turning from grumpy old man to drunken student. Although I have nothing to do with it, as Foxestalk's first official resident drunk student I can't help but feel proud.

For the first time ever I called 999 today. An old lady had fallen smack on her face in Wigston Town Centre. I didn't see it happen, just heard this WHACK! noise and turned around to see her laying worryingly facedown on the pavement not moving. Myself, my wife and a few others dashed over to check on her (whether she had any valuables or not - sorry, I'll continue in seriousness :whistle: ) and she wasn't bleeding and didn't seem to have cracked her skull, which was fortunate. Gingerly, she managed to get herself up and I asked around the shops for a chair for her and one was put in the entrance to a salon/parlour, where we sat her down, but her cheek bones were looking to start swelling and she couldn't stop shaking, so I called her an ambulance ("You're an ambulance!" - sorry, I did say I'd be serious...), which promptly arrived withing 5-10 mins.

I have to say I was impressed with the number of people who stopped to help and especially the lady who offered to give her a lift home as she was initially reluctant to call an ambulance, but talked her into allowing us to call her an ambulance. She was 82 it emerged and looked well on it (despite being a bit shakey on her feet). I was worried that the paramedics might give me a grilling of wasting their time, since she was sitting up and quite chipper, but when we moved her to the ambulance it was clear that she was in some pain and like many people of that generation, putting on a brave face and not wanting to have a fuss made.

So we left her in the ambulance and my 5 min trip into Wigston turned into 30 mins, but you've got to help the elderly, because one day it could well be you.

• Like 3

For the first time ever I called 999 today. An old lady had fallen smack on her face in Wigston Town Centre. I didn't see it happen, just heard this WHACK! noise and turned around to see her laying worryingly facedown on the pavement not moving. Myself, my wife and a few others dashed over to check on her (whether she had any valuables or not - sorry, I'll continue in seriousness :whistle: ) and she wasn't bleeding and didn't seem to have cracked her skull, which was fortunate. Gingerly, she managed to get herself up and I asked around the shops for a chair for her and one was put in the entrance to a salon/parlour, where we sat her down, but her cheek bones were looking to start swelling and she couldn't stop shaking, so I called her an ambulance ("You're an ambulance!" - sorry, I did say I'd be serious...), which promptly arrived withing 5-10 mins.

I have to say I was impressed with the number of people who stopped to help and especially the lady who offered to give her a lift home as she was initially reluctant to call an ambulance, but talked her into allowing us to call her an ambulance. She was 82 it emerged and looked well on it (despite being a bit shakey on her feet). I was worried that the paramedics might give me a grilling of wasting their time, since she was sitting up and quite chipper, but when we moved her to the ambulance it was clear that she was in some pain and like many people of that generation, putting on a brave face and not wanting to have a fuss made.

So we left her in the ambulance and my 5 min trip into Wigston turned into 30 mins, but you've got to help the elderly, because one day it could well be you.

well done :thumbup:

Good on you squire :appl:

Just finished the final night of my last freshers. Best week I've ever had at uni.

How many freshers weeks have you been to? Surely freshers week means you are just attending Uni, therefore it would be the best week, as you've only had a couple so far?

Time to see your bed. I remember my freshers week...no actually I don't..that's a lie.

Anyways enjoy yourself! I hope wherever it is you're going makes it the debt all worthwhile! :thumbup:

How many freshers weeks have you been to? Surely freshers week means you are just attending Uni, therefore it would be the best week, as you've only had a couple so far?

Time to see your bed. I remember my freshers week...no actually I don't..that's a lie.

Anyways enjoy yourself! I hope wherever it is you're going makes it the debt all worthwhile! :thumbup:

I think he's in 3rd year at uni, so it would be his 3rd freshers week.

Got to say, mine's been a lot of fun, amazed that of all the things to object to my actions first this week, it would be my knees rather than my liver.

Got to say, mine's been a lot of fun, amazed that of all the things to object to my actions first this week, it would be my knees rather than my liver.

You can only be a fresher once, them the rules.

I do wonder why your knees are objecting, but there's likely to be an innocent explanation.

I do wonder why your knees are objecting, but there's likely to be an innocent explanation.

when I was in year 9 (secondary school) I had a series of growth spurts which, I was told by physiotherapists, left me with longer bones than the muscles stretched along those bones, giving me quite weak knees.

Correct

That's quite true, I'm not a fresher but this week is still called freshers week by everyone :thumbup: