Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Maybe the school having a local police officer to do a talk on crime prevention may be an idea. The police may just give the boys a warning with their parents present and agree to a settlement. Your daughter would not need to be involved. If she has backing from other kids and teachers the name calling should stop and the tables will be turned on the thief.

Maybe the school having a local police officer to do a talk on crime prevention may be an idea. The police may just give the boys a warning with their parents present and agree to a settlement. Your daughter would not need to be involved. If she has backing from other kids and teachers the name calling should stop and the tables will be turned on the thief.

She is fairly thick skinned and i seemed more worried about it than her.She said if they have a go today ,she will tell them loudly in front of people in the playground ,that you must be really brave to pick on younger girls while in a big group and how would you like it if someone stole your phone.

Tonight I spent an hour and half on the phone to my girlfriend, getting on great as usual, only to get a text after saying 'this isn't working, I can't handle the distance, don't make this difficult."

Not happy about it but I'm not going to get in an uphill struggle to make her change her mind. Girls that moan about guys take the decent ones for granted at some point or another, and its for that reason I've not got myself worked up about it. There'll be others.

Sorry to hear that.

You a top lad, and like you say there'll be plenty more. Maybe one day she'll realise her mistake and by then you'll be onwith better things.

Tonight I spent an hour and half on the phone to my girlfriend, getting on great as usual, only to get a text after saying 'this isn't working, I can't handle the distance, don't make this difficult."

Not happy about it but I'm not going to get in an uphill struggle to make her change her mind. Girls that moan about guys take the decent ones for granted at some point or another, and its for that reason I've not got myself worked up about it. There'll be others.

A text?? Is that how it done these days?

What a coward she is.

Good luck anyway mate.

Did my mock IT Word Processing exam today. 63 questions 11 wrong 81% which if the real thing would have been a pass. Only thing is it took around 2 hours to do and should have been looking for around a hour. The real one is around 40 questions to do in 45 min. Thought my worst part was Formatting but I got 78% and 5 wrong. My worst was objects with 66% and 3 wrong.

1. Using the application 85%
  2. Document creation 91%
  3. Formatting 78%
  4. Objects 66%
  5. Mail merge 75%
  6. Prepare Outputs 90%

Should have got more. Couple of questions I misread or thought I did right. Real exam on Monday Just have to speed up with answering. Are marks taken off for the time or do they just stop you after the allotted time?

More bothered about the other courses Spreadsheets, Presenting and another which I'm not sure what it is but involves using my brain.

Edited by Nightguard

Are marks taken off for the time or do they just stop you after the allotted time?

I don't think marks are taken off for using up all the time allowed. I've never heard of that happening anyway. You got some good scores there so you should do ok at the real exam.

Good luck and everyding!

Been told by my lecturer that my theory on the universe around us is the most exciting thing he has read in the 40 years he has been a physicist

****ing epic day lol

HIGH FIVES That's quite a compliment! I wouldn't mind to read about those theories.

Out of curiosity, have you ever looked at this website before? There are some great debates on there (not that I can always keep up with what is being said, being a total amateur!).

Thunderbolts Forum Cern Thread

I've been meaning to start a Velikovsky thread so perhaps you'll have something to say in there when I get around to it :D

Edited by El Empty

I don't think marks are taken off for using up all the time allowed. I've never heard of that happening anyway. You got some good scores there so you should do ok at the real exam.

Good luck and everyding!

HIGH FIVES That's quite a compliment! I wouldn't mind to read about those theories.

Out of curiosity, have you ever looked at this website before? There are some great debates on there (not that I can always keep up with what is being said, being a total amateur!).

Thunderbolts Forum Cern Thread

I've been meaning to start a Velikovsky thread so perhaps you'll have something to say in there when I get around to it :D

lol he is someone that i know a little about also is someone that i admire for being very ballsy with some of his theories and i have huge respect for him not taking the criticism to heart.

My theory is in basic terms the theory that the Universe has already ended and what we are experiencing is basically a ripple that is from the future. Kind of like the tides going in and out.

It's a similar theory to one that was put forward by a guy called John Baez.

lol he is someone that i know a little about also is someone that i admire for being very ballsy with some of his theories and i have huge respect for him not taking the criticism to heart.

My theory is in basic terms the theory that the Universe has already ended and what we are experiencing is basically a ripple that is from the future. Kind of like the tides going in and out.

It's a similar theory to one that was put forward by a guy called John Baez.

I am interested in reading more about this.

Become a Theoretical Physicist then. lol only joking

It is a very early stages theory and is in its infancy at the moment

its a basic Theory that whatever we do in the now is pre-set in the future. For instance : get a ball in your right hand and think to yourself ' I am going to drop this from my right hand' Then swap it to your left hand and drop it. No matter what hand you decide to do drop the ball with you were always meant to do it with that hand. as you cannot escape the future.

So i believe that the future is set as it has already happened.

My daughter has just started senior school,luckily she is fairly level headed,bright and has got some good friends.Yesterday some lad in her class stole someones phone, at break time she couldnt find the owner so confronted the lad who stole it,he had at this point sold it!instead of again finding the person who owned it,miss Marple found out who had bought it,and confronted them,they went mad and smashed it by stamping on it,at this point she told a teacher.After 2 breaks of snitch by the group of boys,she went up to the boys and said"who the hell do you think you are,i dont know you,dont care about you and your names dont bother me" it stopped.

Now i know she has got a lot to learn and should have just told the owner and let them deal with it,but i was proud how she stuck up for herself in front of older lads.The school want to get the police in involved a bit of an over reaction i think as i dont want my daughter dragged in if the situation escalates.Surely a note to the parents and a new phone.What do people think?

Your daughter sounds badass.

Did my mock IT Word Processing exam today. 63 questions 11 wrong 81% which if the real thing would have been a pass. Only thing is it took around 2 hours to do and should have been looking for around a hour. The real one is around 40 questions to do in 45 min. Thought my worst part was Formatting but I got 78% and 5 wrong. My worst was objects with 66% and 3 wrong.

1. Using the application 85%
  2. Document creation 91%
  3. Formatting 78%
  4. Objects 66%
  5. Mail merge 75%
  6. Prepare Outputs 90%

Should have got more. Couple of questions I misread or thought I did right. Real exam on Monday Just have to speed up with answering. Are marks taken off for the time or do they just stop you after the allotted time?

More bothered about the other courses Spreadsheets, Presenting and another which I'm not sure what it is but involves using my brain.

What sort of questions are you asked? Or are there any examples online? I just want to know how far from passing a test an average person who has 'grown up' using and regularly has to use Microsoft Office every day would fare lol

I don't! I wanna plan my own future :D

Edited by DB11

What sort of questions are you asked? Or are there any examples online? I just want to know how far from passing a test an average person who has 'grown up' using and regularly has to use Microsoft Office every day would fare lol

I don't! I wanna plan my own future :D

The site they do the mock exam from is Enlight. Tried to access it on my laptop but the page wouldnt load may have been my mobile modem. I will try on my PC later. When it was set up they put logged in with username and password so don't know if anyone can access it. I imagine they can as not everyone will be able to get out to test centres.

This is on top of the printout of my results. https://s10.enlight.net

There is more but I think the rest just refers to my results. The test is best on what has been learnt in the module. It is not too difficult if you have gone through it and was able to do the tests assignments and project.

I will have the Spreadsheet module next. Not sure about that one. Done very little with spreadsheets. The cetificate is a ECDL/ICDL

Didn't do the link yet it shows up. It works now. You can create an account but thats all I know atm.

Edited by Nightguard

God I'm so hungover for the first time in ages :o

great feeling isn't it?

Must have had a fair bit to drink last night, woke up under my kitchen table at 6, then woke up again on the sofa at 12.

edit: found a photo of me passed out on the couch on FB, head looks like cousin it from the addams family.

298928_2341762234938_1576430489_2251688_852103048_n.jpg

Edited by LargeAl

Not bad. Passed the first part in my IT course - Word Processing. 81% 29/36 correct. Now doing spreadsheets which will take more study. Bought a CD in a charity shop on exel but it's not loading. Doesn't even show up in My Computer. Only cost £2 though.

Also bought a book on beer £3 by Roger Prozt.

Still not loading I will have to log on to the learning site. The Exel CD is a course which I thought may have helped.